Value of: Tyler Johnson to the Calgary Flames

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Johnson is a 50 point winger. Hamilton is a younger, 50 point,top pairing defenceman. Please believe the plus would be more than a first.

If you want to go by their best ever season than Johnson is a 72 point center. Hamilton is worth more I agree but if you think you'll get more than a 1st with Johnson then there is no deal to be made. We'll look to Carolina and Faulk.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hard pass on Johnson, yes he’s skilled and can create offence but he’s not the kind of player we need. I’d much rather just sign Kane or JVR.

Also, did someone suggest Hamilton for Johnson? :laugh:

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
If the Flames don't add a 1st this year, it will only be the 5th time in franchise history the Flames didn't have a pick in the first round. Let's not spew this bull**** rhetoric as if it's more than a one off situation.
It is easy for oiler fans to talk about first round picks as if they have helped them crawl out of the nhl basement. Youd think they would have perspective...

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Johnson would require an additional first to bring back Hamilton, who is three full years younger and the premier goal-scoring defenseman in the entire league. The Flames aren't trading him.

I could see Brodie.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Tyler Johnson's real value is in the post season, so I don't see a team like Calgary being a good fit.

Reactions: ultra63

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
As much as Johnson's 72 point season looks like a bit of a mirage at times, he's kept up nearly a ppg average in the playoffs. He's a legit performer when it matters most. It's easy to forget that, especially for us Lightning fans, in the regular season.

I'd rather not move him at all, really, but I understand it might be necessary. If we're moving him though, it's a money thing, so we need cheap players coming back.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
If you want to go by their best ever season than Johnson is a 72 point center. Hamilton is worth more I agree but if you think you'll get more than a 1st with Johnson then there is no deal to be made. We'll look to Carolina and Faulk.

Lol
He scordd 72 points once. His PPG average to 55 points per season. You aren't getting close to Faulk with Johnson either.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I would do Hamilton for Johnson but not straight up. Something like:

Calgary offers:
Hamilton
Frolik @ 35% retained

Tampa offers:
Johnson
Raddysh
Cirelli

We have no use for Frolik and certainly aren’t adding Raddysh or Cirelli to Johnson, much less both of them.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I like Johnson, but we need to add some punch without giving up assets. Too many assets have been spent already. Names like JVR, Kane or Neal would be just fine and won't cost anything.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I like Johnson, but we need to add some punch without giving up assets. Too many assets have been spent already. Names like JVR, Kane or Neal would be just fine and won't cost anything.

Yea it feels like the Flames have made a few bigger trades the last few offseasons. Hamilton and Hamonic trades both come to mind. I think the Flames would rather build their team another way this time. Not saying they wouldnt explore trades but at some point you have to build through the draft and FA can help too.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Yea it feels like the Flames have made a few bigger trades the last few offseasons. Hamilton and Hamonic trades both come to mind. I think the Flames would rather build their team another way this time. Not saying they wouldnt explore trades but at some point you have to build through the draft and FA can help too.

That's just it. You have to give to get. Either bad dollars and term to free agents or legitimate assets in trades. We have dollars and term to hand out this year. We don't have picks or any Johnson level assets we can afford to move from the roster.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad