Player Discussion Tyler Graovac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Are we supposed to be happy about that?

I actually didn't really want him up this year. For one, a year of development as a #1C in all situations; and two, keep some talent in Iowa so they're not such a dumpster fire. But hey, if he does well up here, great for him and great for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Watching Graovac I feel like I enjoy the idea of him more than the actual player. He seems soft for his size, granted the sample size is miniscule (1 reg. season and a half dozen pre-season games) and scewed (pre-season).

Looking forward to him coming back and showing a little more of what he can do. If he can secure that 3C spot we can move Fontaine to the 4th line to give them some scoring/skill and move Coyle to RW where is so much more effective. Would be a massive boom for the roster if he can take that spot.

PPG
Nino - Koivu - Coyle
Vanek - Graovac - Zucker
Porter - Haula/Carter - Fontaine

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Groins are a huge PITA... well, pain in the groin, really. They take forever to heal, especially for hockey players. I still feel one i got over 40 years ago... I kept coming back too soon, and now i have the scar tissue to show for it.

Take your time, Big guy.

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
Groins are a huge PITA... well, pain in the groin, really. They take forever to heal, especially for hockey players. I still feel one i got over 40 years ago... I kept coming back too soon, and now i have the scar tissue to show for it.

Take your time, Big guy.

I severely pulled my groin muscle during prep baseball when I was 13. I was running from first to second, felt a pop, and immediately fell to the dirt writhing in pain. I could barely walk for two weeks. The next fall, it bothered me the entire football season. It took about a year for it to fully heal.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Watching Graovac I feel like I enjoy the idea of him more than the actual player. He seems soft for his size, granted the sample size is miniscule (1 reg. season and a half dozen pre-season games) and scewed (pre-season).

Looking forward to him coming back and showing a little more of what he can do. If he can secure that 3C spot we can move Fontaine to the 4th line to give them some scoring/skill and move Coyle to RW where is so much more effective. Would be a massive boom for the roster if he can take that spot.

PPG
Nino - Koivu - Coyle
Vanek - Graovac - Zucker
Porter - Haula/Carter - Fontaine

He's a rookie, give him some time to figure out how to play his game in the NHL jesus.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Have to see him in more games, but from what I saw, I'd rather have him on the top line in Iowa rather than playing 8-10 minutes a night up here. It looks like he needs to work on his skating and strength. He was picking himself off the ice more than Granlund was that first season.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Yeo seems like to Graovac. Which says a lot about Haula. I think if Yeo had his way, he would have dumped Haula and re-signed Brodziak for that 4th line center.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeo seems like to Graovac. Which says a lot about Haula. I think if Yeo had his way, he would have dumped Haula and re-signed Brodziak for that 4th line center.

I like seeing Graovac crushing around out there with that big body, I have to admit.

I'm betting that Yeo would prefer Brodz at 900k over Haula,too. I was so thrilled with Haula's play two years ago... I'm finally beginning to accept that he might just be a fringe NHL'er at best, when I thought he had a #2/3 C upside. It's really odd. He used to be ahead of plays, now he seems to be behind them.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Haula's upside is Matt Cullen. Not sure how much worth it to continue to try to develop him at the NHL level when the team needs to win now. He probably should have been in the AHL last year.

Graovac is the shiny new toy, but his offense is much better than I thought it would be. He just needs to get stronger, be more physical, and be better defensively.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
He's a rookie, give him some time to figure out how to play his game in the NHL jesus.

Take it easy, I clearly mentioned that the sample size was small. Can we not discuss what we see in our players/prospects? Isn't that the entire point of this thread? To nitpick Grao's chances?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I like seeing Graovac crushing around out there with that big body, I have to admit.

I'm betting that Yeo would prefer Brodz at 900k over Haula,too. I was so thrilled with Haula's play two years ago... I'm finally beginning to accept that he might just be a fringe NHL'er at best, when I thought he had a #2/3 C upside. It's really odd. He used to be ahead of plays, now he seems to be behind them.
Brodz went to free agency because he didn't want to sign that low here. He got hit by reality when on the market and took what he could get.

He was not signing in MN for $900k.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Brodz went to free agency because he didn't want to sign that low here. He got hit by reality when on the market and took what he could get.

He was not signing in MN for $900k.

I think Brodz wanted out after the way he got tossed to the the side in the beginning of the season last year.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
Russo mentioned once that Broziak thought he would get more outside and GMCF would have probably gave him same what Blues did but it was too late.

P10p

May 15, 2012
1 assist and 6 shots in his first game back, promising start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad