Player Discussion Tyler Graovac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
You can stop with all the "system" bs too. I seriously doubt most people that throw that term around actually understand what it really entails.

Dump and chase.

It's not BS, it's what's wrong with this team. The choice to push dump and chase hockey is made by the coach.

I'm sorry, but this idea isn't open to discussion. This team plays dump and chase because of the coach. That's his system. There's no grey area, no room for interpretation...

J22*

Dump and chase.

It's not BS, it's what's wrong with this team. The choice to push dump and chase hockey is made by the coach.

I'm sorry, but this idea isn't open to discussion. This team plays dump and chase because of the coach. That's his system. There's no grey area, no room for interpretation...

Dump and chase is the result, its not the system. You can argue that Yeo's dzone and breakout systems are flawed and it causes the Wild to have to dump the puck too often. But anybody who thinks that any coaches philosophy is to dump the puck as much as possible is out to lunch.

Phant03

Jan 18, 2013
Dump and chase.

Thank you for confirming what I said.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
No coach tells his team to dump and chase. It's simply the way he has them playing forcing them to dump and chase. Simple as that, and he needs to improve or be fired. I don't know why we are talking about this in the Graovac signing thread, though.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
When all your forwards are collapsing in the defensive zone to, minimum, the hashes there's not going to be a whole lot of creativity for zone entry because you've now got your players skating the length of the ice on a regular basis. When you watch other teams and their approach in the defensive zone, it's night and day. Chicago is the extreme example but their spacing and how they use the ice should be the gold standard. And it's no surprise that their transition game is elite because of this.

Frankly, that's 100% coaching philosophy. The Wild may not have the horses on the back end to run it to a T, but playing the way they do stifles puck possession and creativity. Especially through the neutral zone and zone entry. Which in turn trickles down to scoring chances.

Nedved Petr

David Tomasek
Oct 27, 2012
Ontario
Can anyone here see Graovac getting some time in with the Wild this season? I'm just interested on knowing his chances.

Kari Takko

Jun 6, 2010
North Metro, MN
His system doesn't work with the players he has.

The Wild scored the 12th most goals in the NHL and gave up the 6th fewest. They finished 7th in the league in goal differential. This is the end result after an abysmal first half. I would say Mike Yeo's system works and that your take is wrong, but that's just my opinion.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
The Wild scored the 12th most goals in the NHL and gave up the 6th fewest. They finished 7th in the league in goal differential. This is the end result after an abysmal first half. I would say Mike Yeo's system works and that your take is wrong, but that's just my opinion.

The post you're quoting is from 2013.

Not sure where you're getting those numbers. In 2015-16 the Wild were 14th in GF and 4/5 for GA.

NHLPodium

Dec 5, 2012
You need to find a new tune. Claiming Yeo is "bad" for offence is to be willfully ignorant. He sure was a detriment to players like Crosby and Malkin hmmm? Give it a rest.

Yeo was in charge of PP in pittsburgh, which had a terrible PP history under his tenure. With malkin and crosby, go figure.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Wild lost to the Hawks because they refused to dump the puck. Dump and chase is the counter to trapping at the defensive blueline. Hawks trapped and countered the heck out of the Wild last season.

Teams will stop dumping and chasing when their opponents stop trapping the neutral zone. Which is never.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Yeo was in charge of PP in pittsburgh, which had a terrible PP history under his tenure. With malkin and crosby, go figure.

From what I can see, the Penguins PP hovered around the top 5 in the NHL 3 out of the 4 years he was with them, averaging about 20%. What am I missing? How was it terrible?

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
From what I can see, the Penguins PP hovered around the top 5 in the NHL 3 out of the 4 years he was with them, averaging about 20%. What am I missing? How was it terrible?

Because Pens fans say it was terrible. Or something.

And some believe that Malkin + Crosby + Letang = 90% powerplay, or at least it should be. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad