Player Discussion Tyler Graovac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Groins are a huge PITA... well, pain in the groin, really. They take forever to heal, especially for hockey players. I still feel one i got over 40 years ago... I kept coming back too soon, and now i have the scar tissue to show for it.

Take your time, Big guy.

and I thought I was the only person cursed with the busted groin from High School.

Mine acts up a lot during deer hunting, while wading/walking thru tall grass and brush.

I know I played thru the pain in High School, but sometimes wonder if I should have taken a couple games of to let it heal? Just so hard to miss games when you only play a couple dozen each year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
and I thought I was the only person cursed with the busted groin from High School.

Mine acts up a lot during deer hunting, while wading/walking thru tall grass and brush.

I know I played thru the pain in High School, but sometimes wonder if I should have taken a couple games of to let it heal? Just so hard to miss games when you only play a couple dozen each year.

To me it wasn't so much the pain, but it limited my range of motion. I simply couldn't do things on the ice like push off to accelerate ( we all have to envision a world where I could accelerate). Years later as an adult I found that my leg with the injury was never able to stretch and work as well as my other, and that it got stiff after intense activity.

I know Graovac is chomping at the bit to play and start in on his career, but I really hope he makes sure this thing is fixed. One of the worst injuries for hockey players.... A career killer, together with concussions and spinal injuries...

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota

To me it wasn't so much the pain, but it limited my range of motion. I simply couldn't do things on the ice like push off to accelerate ( we all have to envision a world where I could accelerate). Years later as an adult I found that my leg with the injury was never able to stretch and work as well as my other, and that it got stiff after intense activity.

I know Graovac is chomping at the bit to play and start in on his career, but I really hope he makes sure this thing is fixed. One of the worst injuries for hockey players.... A career killer, together with concussions and spinal injuries...

I was a tender back in the day and yanked my right groin in HS practice and had a grade 3 pull. 7 weeks until I was able to play again and another 10 days or so til I felt good enough to play without bother. Still have issues with it and being sore

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Russo's latest article mentioned Graovac:
Why haven’t [the Wild] called up Tyler Graovac?

After missing the first 2½ months with a sports hernia, he has struggled in Iowa. By all accounts, he hasn’t been skating with pace, has lacked grit and clearly isn’t scoring. He has one goal and three assists in 14 games and is minus-12.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The talk about him in the Ek thread made me think about him. I was pretty excited about seeing this kid play last year, and then he gets hurt in game 1....

I know he was out quite a while, but obviously did not show enough in Iowa to earn another call-up. Was that pretty much all injury related, nagging him all throughout the year?

Really hoping to see him make the team again, and see him get an extended shot with the big club.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He seemed to be on a pretty steady trajectory to becoming a solid NHL player: very good 19 year old junior season, then jumped from 13 goals and 25 points to 21 goals and 46 points in 2 AHL seasons, then made the opening night NHL roster at 22 years old.

Hoping last year wasn't too much of a setback.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Mildly surprised, but glad to see him up. In the brief sightings of him I had in the preseason, I actually liked him. Was surprised at his speed. Sounds like he wasn't too impressive otherwise, though. He's a big guy, but not too physical. Still, you can't coach size and reach. He should be able to make more of an impact and carve out space on the ice better than a Schroeder or Pulkkinen. I think that BB wants size in the lineup, especially if you aren't scoring.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Hmm... I don't know. Bruce didn't like his game at all in the preseason. Hopefully Graovac has stepped it up since then, but not sure about this one.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm guessing he'll be playing 4th line wing? Dalpe has been pretty good as a 4C.

Gives the 4th line more siize and a LHS.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Played the best game of his career tonight. With Haula injured, he's going to get a huge opportunity.

Hoping to see more Niederreiter - Graovac - Coyle.

Last edited:

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Played the best game of his career tonight. With Haula injured, he's going to get a huge opportunity.

Hoping to see more Niederreiter - Graovac - Coyle.

Only saw parts of all 3 periods, but he was noticeable all game from what I saw, in a good way: really skating and getting in the thick of things. He is only 23, so who knows what he might become.

Just having another viable center on the team is a win for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad