Confirmed with Link: Tyler Ennis coming to camp on a PTO

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Sokolov won't be ready yet, bring in Ennis as the 3rd line RW and let Sokolov play 30 games in the A and then bring him up. Sens like to do things like this with Gudbransson, that other old D guy they had last year, that other old center guy from Arizona everyone thought would get traded at the deadline.

And if they are a playoff team (which they will be) Ennis is depth

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Makes selfish plays with the puck. Not a fan, if he makes the team that's not a good thing. Hopefully its just for training camp competition.

Reactions: Icelevel

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Makes selfish plays with the puck. Not a fan, if he makes the team that's not a good thing. Hopefully its just for training camp competition.

I feel like he's gotten over that. He knows his limitations. Of course any creativity has gone with that. So he's a plug forward who is decent defensively.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'm fine bringing back Ennis as cheap depth, but you do have to laugh at all the talk about adding a top winger, following the failure to acquire a top 2 line center, and then the acquisition we make is a fringe player on a PTO.

If Dorion is trying to make the playoffs this season, subtracting from the roster is not going to help achieve that.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
move dadanov and get ennis

classic sens

Great plan if you ask me. I bet Ennis puts up similar numbers to Dadonov with the deployment Dad was given last season.

All in all both don't really deserve to be on this roster so Id rather pay close to nothing for Ennis than 6 for Dadonov.

Reactions: Sweatred and Cosmix

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Great plan if you ask me. I bet Ennis puts up similar numbers to Dadonov with the deployment Dad was given last season.

All in all both don't really deserve to be on this roster so Id rather pay close to nothing for Ennis than 6 for Dadonov.
ya thats why Dadanov got traded for actual value and Ennis has to sign a PTO

they must really be equals o_O

You are missing the point though. I rather bank on Dadanov bouncing back then Ennis finding a fountain of youth. We need whoever takes over that winger spot to be BETTER than Dadanov was last year so if Ennis can put up similar points it doesn't really help us. I am okay with moving Dadanov if we used the cap space to actually improve. This ain't it

Reactions: bert

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

You are missing the point though. I rather bank on Dadanov bouncing back then Ennis finding a fountain of youth. We need whoever takes over that winger spot to be BETTER than Dadanov was last year so if Ennis can put up similar points it doesn't really help us. I am okay with moving Dadanov if we used the cap space to actually improve. This ain't it

We could replace Dadonov with Paul on the RW and we'd be just fine. Ennis won't make the roster probably.

Tkachuk - Norris - Bath
Stutzle - White - C. Brown
Formenton - Pinto - Paul
Tierney - Kelly - Watson
Ennis
Sokolov
Etc

Dadonov was a cool idea but he's simply not good enough to play in this top 6 over Bath and Brown and he's not a fit on the bottom 6.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

The Dadonov move was a cost-cutting measure. That was the objective. Done. Reward Dorion for doing that with an extension.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Ennis was undoubtedly better than dadanov in his time here lol
Who cares

If the move is the upgrade on Dadanov and moving his salary this ain’t it

Ennis was also ass on the oilers

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Who cares

Defintely not an upgrade by any means, Getting rid of Dadanov was addition by substraction on salary and his play imo. I wouldn't expect much from Ennis this year even if he makes the team somehow.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I feel like he's gotten over that. He knows his limitations. Of course any creativity has gone with that. So he's a plug forward who is decent defensively.
He did it when he played here two years ago. If he is playing over Formenton thats a big issue. Much rather see a heavy forward mucking it up then Formenton on the 4th line behind a player that has no future with this team.

Who cares

He is not an upgrade on Dadonov.

Exactly.

Reactions: JackieDaytona

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Ennis was relatively … really good here two years ago. Behind Brady, Duclair, and Brown he was probably our 4th best forward.

He’s going to work hard and push players to be better then him. If Brady sits out or someone gets injured he’ll get a contract offer instead of forcing Pinto, Form, Soko or whoever may not be ready if they slip a bit at camp.

Classic Sens move - go be better then than that guy…

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If I knew the offseason was going to play out like this I would have just kept dadonov?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad