Confirmed with Link: Tyler Ennis coming to camp on a PTO

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I hope it's for training camp competition only, if Sokolov or Crookshank or even centre Logan Brown can't beat Ennis the Menace for a job then they are not ready for the big show yet.

I already prefer Parker "Chris" Kelly over Tyler P. Ennis for the 4th line/reserve forward role as I expect them to carry a full 23-man roster.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
liked his game when he was here last time, and DJ's clearly a fan. I bet he makes the team.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
He never should have re-signed with Edmonton to begin with. He was 30 and was coming from an Ottawa team where he was on pace for 45 points. He was a good fit. Stayed in Edmonton and his production got cut in half.

I suppose he was probably betting he could win a scoring line role alongside McDavid and Draisaitl and parley that into a big fat contract extension. Oh well.

We could do worse as far as 13th forwards go. We know he can be benched all season, he won't cost anything, and he knows the expectations and style.

I have no issue with this. Plus it is a PTO, not a contract offer, so if we look good in camp, we're under no obligation to sign him.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If he could change his last name to Seguin that would help a ton

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I'm okay with this. Hopefully he creates a bit of competition for spots and maybe gets a spot until the deadline.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Last time Ennis was here he really was a leader, the team went to war for him. If Brady wants to play hardball, let him, when the team rallies around Ennis and he becomes the leader of this team Brady will cave and sign long term at a reasonable price.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Last time Ennis was here he really was a leader, the team went to war for him. If Brady wants to play hardball, let him, when the team rallies around Ennis and he becomes the leader of this team Brady will cave and sign long term at a reasonable price.
aoyrpgcr3gjy.png

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
i dont mind the pto. We do have 1 other spot available. I just hope if ennis makes the team it is pushing a reasonable player out and not us big braining it

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Meh. It's fine on a PTO. He played well last time around. He can kill penalties. He costs nothing. Let him give it a go. At worst he will be a good presence in camp. We're pretty thin at forward too, so he has a good chance of earning a two way contract.

Nothing to write home about and nothing to get too angry about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad