Value of: Tyler Bozak

pgk

Jun 24, 2014
Well he outscores Horcoff (career) and he's better on faceoffs -- so there's that right?

lol. People really have no idea about Bozak. When we eventually do move him, people are going to crap all over the other team for overpayment. Take that to the bank.

Today's Bozak? Not much or enough. A healthy Bozie with 15-20 G's under him at the TDL gets you a very nice return, retained or not.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Bozak is a good 2C, or great 3C, if we're retaining 50% my expectations would be a 1st and 2nd round pick back.

Vermette returned a 1st and prospect however Bozak would be under contract for 2 years at 2.1M,

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
He is a 45-50 point C. Pretty easy to see.
Would take him on the Oilers 3rd line, push Drai to RW. What would it take?

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
But he can't stay healthy so he isn't a 50 point center. Injury history which prevents him from doing that. Case closed.

Bozak has missed 58 games the last 5 seasons. (not counting the lockout shortened season, in which Bozak played 46 of 48 games) That means he averages 70.4 games a season. Not perfect, but I wouldn't say injury prone.

So at 70.4 games a season average, you add up his last 5 season of points, that = 212 points. Or average of 42.4 points per 70.4 games a year.

Lets add a comparison, just to take a look at current market value. Frans Neilsen is a number 2/3C. Over the past 5 seasons (once again minus lockout year), he has averaged 78.4 games a season. His point totals are 244 points, for an average of 48.8 per year.

Bozak 0.60 PPG average
Nielsen 0.62 PPG average

Boazk AAV 4.2 Million
Nielsen AAV 5.25 Million

Plus Bozak has had a higher faceoff winning % 4 out of the last 5 seasons versus Nielsen.

Bozak is actually a bargain deal. And by no means am I ripping Nielsen in my post, I'm just comparing stats and contracts. Bozak is a much better player than most people give him credit for.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
He is a 45-50 point C. Pretty easy to see.
Would take him on the Oilers 3rd line, push Drai to RW. What would it take?

Late first or two seconds, value similar to Shaw/Eller.

I also like Benson, but I don't know how either management feels about him right now or what his value would be like.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Bozak is a lot better than Shaw or Eller who returned 2 2nd's. With that said, there's no doubt in my mind Lou wants to keep Bozak around as veteran insulation unless the return warrants moving him. He's not a "core piece" but hes a good player on a good contract to keep around.

Mad Brills*

bozak is basically vermette, as others have said.

He'll either be traded at the deadline, or exposed for vegas

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
bozak is basically vermette, as others have said.

He'll either be traded at the deadline, or exposed for vegas

no need to expose him. Kadri,Bozak,JVR, Brown, Leipsic, Martin, Komarov.

expose Leivo, Holland, Lupul, Horton. asset management 101

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I had said a third plus, now who's twisting things??

Whenerver someone hasn't said something not talking up Bozak they are shunned.

I had said I could see the Leafs getting a first for him. Not right now though, when trades like that have been made it is around the deadline when teams are desperate. (IE Vermette)And I've never seen anyone say the Vermette trade was good for Chicago.

Historically, the summer isn't usually the time when teams are desperate to add depth players. I would be completely surprised if someone gave the Leafs a 1st for Bozak right now.

No. I'm just trying to propose something that is fair. I thought that's what the purpose of asking the value of someone is.

I didn't think it was an exercise to overvalue Leaves.. Why is a deal only acceptable if it involves the Leaves robbing another team? My whole experience of this has been irrational Leaf fans trying to act wise because I'm proposing fair value. Not a Toronto robs another team scenario, which seems to be the only ones that make these types of fans happy... :laugh:

nah you are just salty as hell and getting absolutely humiliated.
3rd+ is a joke considering eller just got a pair of 2nds.
must be a sens or nucks fan

also "leaves". lol grow up

Mad Brills*

no need to expose him. Kadri,Bozak,JVR, Brown, Leipsic, Martin, Komarov.

expose Leivo, Holland, Lupul, Horton. asset management 101

LOL at protecting martin.

Lupul possibly won't play enough for the 70/40 rule.

Holland and Leivo will be unprotected and no one will take them, as they're waiver material.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad