Value of: Tyler Bozak

buttman*

Why would the Leafs retain? He's paid fairly for his skill and production. He also isn't likely to be traded since he fits in well with the Leafs.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
Why would the Leafs retain? He's paid fairly for his skill and production. He also isn't likely to be traded since he fits in well with the Leafs.

For a playoff contender which doesn't want to add $4.2 million in salary. Bozak at $2.1 million might be the best 3C in terms of value.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Leafs retain because why wouldn't we? We get more by doing something that really does not effect us

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
With all the new contracts Bozak is not even overpaid. He's a 50 point center who brings a lot to the team. No need to trade him and definitely no need to dump hkm

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I think the Leafs are better off keeping him, at least going into the year. In my opinion, at worst, his value would go up at the trade deadline.

Regsauceleafs

Jun 13, 2015
I hate when people tell us what our players are. Sorry he's a C that paces 50+ points every season and his last full season had 49.

Totally agree, also had 35 pts last year in 57 games playing without kessel and mostly without jvr. He's a 45-50 point centre which can easily be a solid 2nd liner, and with good linemates can exceed that. 2 years ago he had 49 points in 58 games with jvr and kessel, with good linemates he can produce offense at a very high rate for what he gets credit for, and his contract is very reasonable if not a slight underpayment looking at similar position and production rates around the league. He's atleast worth as much as Eller who just fetched 2 2nd round picks. The hate for bozak is unreasonable and are supported by few facts. Rant over

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
I don't see the point in putting forth a trade under the premise of retaining salary on Bozak. I get the Leafs have cap space and want "assets" for retaining salary, but it's not going to get much of an upgrade in the return. There's not many deals you can point to and say "Retaining salary really got them something impressive that otherwise would not have been".

You're probably at looking at maybe...maybe adding a "Needs a change of scenery" AHL/couple of NHL games as his ceiling guy for retaining 50% of Bozak's salary or moving up a handful of draft spots in the 3rd or late 2nd.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I hate when people tell us what our players are. Sorry he's a C that paces 50+ points every season and his last full season had 49.

Uh, I watch quite a bit of the Leafs, but you don't need to watch him to know that Bozak has never scored 50 points in a season. Pacing is not the same thing. Pacioretty has paced over 40 goals in a season, doesn't make him a 40 goal player.

I don't think it's a stretch to say Bozak is capable of being a 40-50 pt center.

Isn't he one already?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Uh, I watch quite a bit of the Leafs, but you don't need to watch him to know that Bozak has never scored 50 points in a season. Pacing is not the same thing. Pacioretty has paced over 40 goals in a season, doesn't make him a 40 goal player.

Isn't he one already?

Guy puts up 49 points twice, one of those in just 58 games and another season puts up 47. But nope, not a 50 point center. Honestly, does he need 50 points to be seen as a 50 point player? Is it not assumed that a "50 point player" is someone who's gonna come close to that consistently? Just as Pacioretty has scored 39 in a season. It's almost as of you picked on players a point or a goal off from reaching that mark. It's like you're purposely trying to make it seem like these players aren't even close to these marks. Embarrassing.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com

Isn't he one already?

The last 3 seasons he has scored, 49 points, 49 points, and 35 points (in 53 games - 54 point pace).

You're either being intentionally daft, or extremely nit-picky.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
You can't say a player is something if he's never done it, by saying he's a 50 point guy you make it sound like he's good for 50+ points. Never done that before. It is nit picky but he's just never done it. He's a 45 point guy, good 2nd line C, great 3rd line C. Right now with no retention I think he's worth a 3rd + later pick/mediocre prospect. With retention, a 2nd. At the deadline I see a contender potentially giving up a 2nd because teams are dumb.

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
In the range of two 2nd round picks give or take demand, need, and when the trade is done. Depending on the demand we may get a 1st if we can take advantage the same way Arizona did for Vermette.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Isn't he one already?

you watch quite a bit of the leafs huh? prob more than the 70+ games most leafs fans watch?

Bozak would have a couple 50+ seasons and even a 60-65 pt season if he could stay in the lineup more. then would he be a 50 pt center?

Bozak is at a 0.6+ppg pace every year. 70 games or so he will get 40-45 pts. if he plays 80+ he will get around 50.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
You can't say a player is something if he's never done it, by saying he's a 50 point guy you make it sound like he's good for 50+ points. Never done that before. It is nit picky but he's just never done it. He's a 45 point guy, good 2nd line C, great 3rd line C. Right now with no retention I think he's worth a 3rd + later pick/mediocre prospect. With retention, a 2nd. At the deadline I see a contender potentially giving up a 2nd because teams are dumb.

so lars eller with no retention = two 2nd rd picks
Polak + Spaling = two 2nd rd picks
bozak with no retention = 3rd rd pick + late pick ??

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad