Value of: Tyler Bozak to NYI

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Josh Bailey is crap and every Islander fan I know says the same.

Bozak is actually a useful player that's asked to play far beyond the role he should be in and has actually been somewhat effective in this role.

Bailey just sucks. I'd rather have Bozak.

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
Its sad that a guy like Bailey with his skill level can't put together a consistent season these days. I feel like he just needs a change of scenery. Bailey just looks too comfortable out there. Bozak for Bailey is a solid trade.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Its sad that a guy like Bailey with his skill level can't put together a consistent season these days. I feel like he just needs a change of scenery. Bailey just looks too comfortable out there. Bozak for Bailey is a solid trade.

No room for Bailey on the Leafs. The Isles can keep him.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Josh Bailey is crap and every Islander fan I know says the same.

Bozak is actually a useful player that's asked to play far beyond the role he should be in and has actually been somewhat effective in this role.

Bailey just sucks. I'd rather have Bozak.

Bailey isn't crap, he's just redundant on the Islanders and about 500k overpaid. He's a 30-40pt forward with decent size that can play anywhere in your bottom 9 and PK. The Islanders need RH forwards and I know TO isn't going to want Kulemin or Grabovski.

Hows that Staal/Girardi trade working out?
:popcorn:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
hmm should we trade our career .61ppg C for a .45ppg one with nothing added.

easy pass. leafs probably just keep bozak now. he should be good for about 45 pts in 70 games or so

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

solid for nyi, terrible for the leafs who get the inferior player. bozak put up more in 57 games than bailey did in 81.....

D3ADLY

Jan 8, 2009
Twitter @AgentDeadly
this year

Komorov-Kadri-Soshnikov

Nylander-Bozak-Brown

JVR-Matthews-Marner

In the future

Korshkov-Matthews-Marner

JVR-Nylander-Brown

Soshnikov-Kadri-Kapanen

Grundstrom-Gauthier-Hyman

wrong and wrong

this year lineup will look more like this..
JvR-Matthews-Marner
Sosh-Kadri-Nylander
Lupul-Bozak-Komarov
Rychel-Laich-Martin
Brown as possible Lupul replacement. Marner-Nylander as wings first year.

going forward no team knows how they will look

Batrous

May 4, 2016
At some point I figure that the leafs will look to move Bozak. But not now.

Nylander, Marner and Matthew haven't proven they can be full time NHL players just yet. So you need to have someone that can fill in that top 2 centre role and act as a veteran in the lockeroom to help teach the leaafs young promising forwards what they need to do.

Bozak gives you all that.

Maybe near the trade deadline if Marner, Matthews or Nylander have shown themselves to be NHL ready then I could see the leafs moving Bozak for prospects or higher end draft picks (most likely price would be a late first round pick or high second round pick when it comes to draft picks).

MacerV

Jul 10, 2015
Only reason Toronto would want Bailey over Bozak is his contract is cheaper, there is nothing else that is attractive about the offer.

If we're moving Bozak its not going to be a player swap, it'll most likely be for picks.

Stu

Nov 20, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I think Babcock will love Bozak. Works hard, responsible, solid on the dot. I doubt he will go anywhere.

LWOSLEAFS

Apr 20, 2016
If the Leafs had signed Stamkos, Nylander probably would have shifted to wing full time. Considering they missed on him, Nylander in the middle is the long-term plan. He'll start on the wing for now, until Bozak finds a new home.

Matthews
Kadri
Bozak
Froese
Laich
Holland

Essentially, these are your centre options moving forward. Nylander will shift to the wing, because hes not beating out Matthews or Kadri to play in the top 6 any time soon. Speaking of, Matthews likely starts in the 3 hole. It will likely be Kadri, Bozak and then Matthews next season.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
bozak will be gone in the expansion draft so....

Doubtful.

Leafs are in a great spot when it comes to expansion-draft exempt players.

He could be gone before the expansion draft (this year's deadline), but it's doubtful that he wouldn't make the cut as one of Toronto's 7 protected forwards.

Much more likely to see a guy like Holland and/or Martin left exposed.

Mad Brills*

if holland isn't around and lupul doesn't play enough games this year, he has to be exposed for the 70/40 rule.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
if holland isn't around and lupul doesn't play enough games this year, he has to be exposed for the 70/40 rule.

So keep Holland around, also potentially throw Josh Leivo into the mix.

The Leafs aren't going to give up a player as valuable as Bozak, just to meet the 70/40 rule.

LWOSLEAFS

Apr 20, 2016
wrong and wrong

this year lineup will look more like this..
JvR-Matthews-Marner
Sosh-Kadri-Nylander
Lupul-Bozak-Komarov
Rychel-Laich-Martin
Brown as possible Lupul replacement. Marner-Nylander as wings first year.

going forward no team knows how they will look

JVR KADRI KOMAROV
HYMAN BOZAK NYLANDER
MARTIN MATTHEWS MARNER
HOLLAND LAICH SOSHNIKOV

Don't count on Lupul making a return.Nylander supplies the best elements of the Bozak-Kessel combination on the 2nd line with Hyman doing the heavy lifting down low.Martin rides shotgun with Matthews and Marner and keeps them safe. Neither start in the top 6. Rychel needs to beat out Holland to earn a spot and Im not sure thats a given.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
JVR KADRI KOMAROV
HYMAN BOZAK NYLANDER
MARTIN MATTHEWS MARNER
HOLLAND LAICH SOSHNIKOV

Don't count on Lupul making a return.Nylander supplies the best elements of the Bozak-Kessel combination on the 2nd line with Hyman doing the heavy lifting down low.Martin rides shotgun with Matthews and Marner and keeps them safe. Neither start in the top 6. Rychel needs to beat out Holland to earn a spot and Im not sure thats a given.
I'd trade Holland before the season starts.

I'd sub Michalek for Holland.

Then trade Michalek mid season to fully promote Brown.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
I think Babcock will love Bozak. Works hard, responsible, solid on the dot. I doubt he will go anywhere.

He already does love him. Everytime Bozak was out of the lineup he would usually make some comment about how "We miss Bozak" or "Really great to have Bozak back." Bozie is your typical hard working role player that Babcock has loved throughout his career (when actual skill is overlooked for "intangibles").

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
Bozak is not better than Mathews

Wow, your posts keep on getting worse and worse. Unless you have a hearing/reading problem (in which I apologize) Babcock has stated Matthews would be starting as the third line center. The previous poster is correct, other than they will spread the tradable expiring contracts on the top lines to boost trade value.

Not once in his post he stated Bozak is better than Matthews, not once

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad