Value of: Tyler Bozak to NYI

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Tyler Bozak is valued very differently by different Leaf fans.
Personally I want him around next season to help insulate Mathews and Nylander down the middle. Unless your looking to offer something we cant refuse he isnt available right now. Check back around the deadline.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Would TO be interested in a younger, and more of a defensive forward with a cheaper contract? Josh Bailey could slot in anywhere in your bottom 9 and makes about 1m less.

Since we didn't get Stamkos, Bozak will be staying with the Leafs.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
Since we didn't get Stamkos, Bozak will be staying with the Leafs.

Basically this.

Bozak is worth more right now to the Leafs than probably all 29 other teams. Won't be dealt until the deadline at the earliest. I would not be surprised to see him play out his contract. We have 1 other top 9 centre with over a season of NHL experience.

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
Questions for Leafs fans.

What do you expect your top 9 to look like when you start competing?

Are all of Nylander, Matthews and Kadri supposed to turn into Centers?

And if so, is Nylander playing C this year? Or stating at wing?

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare

If the Leafs had signed Stamkos, Nylander probably would have shifted to wing full time. Considering they missed on him, Nylander in the middle is the long-term plan. He'll start on the wing for now, until Bozak finds a new home.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix

this year

Komorov-Kadri-Soshnikov

Nylander-Bozak-Brown

JVR-Matthews-Marner

In the future

Korshkov-Matthews-Marner

JVR-Nylander-Brown

Soshnikov-Kadri-Kapanen

Grundstrom-Gauthier-Hyman

Last edited:

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
Would TO be interested in a younger, and more of a defensive forward with a cheaper contract? Josh Bailey could slot in anywhere in your bottom 9 and makes about 1m less.

I would do this trade from a leafs perspective in a heartbeat. I have always liked Bailey. Sign me up

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013

I'd prefer to see Nylander stay at C but Babs has basically stated otherwise. Even if they do keep Bozak (at this point it seems like the smart move) just role 4 lines and give Bozak tougher matchups and defensive responsibilities to shelter Nylander's line until he proves he can handle it. With their lack of quality vets I can't see Bozak getting moved unless its part of a bigger deal.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Can't see bozak moving until the deadline, and if he moves at the deadline, it's because Babcock is sure that Nylander is able to be a C long term (and now)

Can't see the Leafs being interested in bailey

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
Bozak is not better than Mathews

How do you get that from that post? Babcock stated he wants Matthews starting out on the 3rd line. Doesn't mean he'll stay there forever. Gotta ease young players in.

I could see Bozak dealt eventually, but it would likely be for a dman. Dehaan seems like a more likely scenario but it would depend on each teams needs at that time.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Bozak is not better than Mathews

ViewsFromThe6ix is just relaying what babock has said, that matthews will start 3c
so as of now thats what matthews will start as. who knows, maybe by end of training camp or pre season or after a game in the regular season matthews could slot up.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Who said he was?

Babcock said Matthews will be in the three hole behind Kadri and Bozak. This is directly from our coach, not the posters opinion on who is better.

I know what he said and that's adorable Mathews in the 3 hole will last about a week before he blows Bozak and Kadri away

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Price on Bozak should be 2 X 2nds

Eller got that and so did Shaw so no reason Bozak would go for less

dream43

Nov 19, 2013
I know what he said and that's adorable Mathews in the 3 hole will last about a week before he blows Bozak and Kadri away

lol he can come in and play better than Crosby and still after a week he WILL NOT be moved up a line. In case you have forgotten Mike comes from a system where they overripe the crap out of players so as great as Matthews is,(baring injuries) the highest he will be is second line center with favarouble matchups while possibly playing 1st PP until at least December. Besides this team is going nowhere lol why would you wanna throw this kid to the fire by himself in year 1??

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
His true value is a late 1st rounder.

Lars Eller and Andrew Shaw both got 2 2nd rounders and Tyler Bozak is clearly the better player of the 3.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Absolutely no reason to consider doing a Tyler Bozak downgrade at this point in time, given the youth they have at centre.

Maybe, come the deadline, if the Leafs are out of it, you look to move him, but realistically, no earlier than that.

You'll find that most of the "trade Bozak" bandwagon members have jumped off with Stamkos signing in Tampa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad