Tyler Bozak: The case for and against (Mirtle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
He hasn't shown it up to this point. To many plays of his like that, were he shows poor effort in making the defensive play.

I was being sarcastic.

He's an awful 2-way player, and his hideous in his own zone, but somehow there's this perception that he's very good in his own end that I just don't understand.

Kudos to you for picking up on something that he does regularly - lazy and passive when the puck is in the Leafs' end

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
I was being sarcastic.

He's an awful 2-way player, and his hideous in his own zone, but somehow there's this perception that he's very good in his own end that I just don't understand.

Kudos to you for picking up on something that he does regularly - lazy and passive when the puck is in the Leafs' end

I thought you were being sarcastic.
Kessel and JVR get blamed all the time for their defensive play, but if you watch replays you'll notice Bozak floating around. He is just as bad.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Even if you want to pretend that PPG is the best way to compare these two, that's awfully sly to include the one season that Bozak (on the strength of 58 games played and an unsustainably high shooting percentage) bested JVR.

Using the last two seasons is "sly"? :roll eyes:

PPG seems like a reasonable way to compare the two. Bozak's intangibles and defensive play are up for debate, but JVR's are undeniably negligable.

Feb 24, 2004
Using the last two seasons is "sly"? :roll eyes:

PPG seems like a reasonable way to compare the two. Bozak's intangibles and defensive play are up for debate, but JVR's are undeniably negligable.

Bozak is a centre - he (understandably) has more defensive requirements than JVR.

"Intangibles" might as well be a synonym for "magic" as far as I'm concerned...

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Bozak is a centre - he (understandably) has more defensive requirements than JVR.

"Intangibles" might as well be a synonym for "magic" as far as I'm concerned...

So by what measure is superior to Bozak? If it's not numbers and it's not intangibles, what is it?

mikebel111*

This team stinks especially when you Bozak playing on the first line. Dominated every game. GA after GA. Terrible on D.
One of the players that need to go if we want to start competing

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Too bad the team doesn't have anyone better.

Leafs are stuck with Bozak playing the most minutes, taking the most face-offs, and carrying Kessel complete lack of game.

Well, perhaps this draft they'll get some talent up the middle so they can join the contenders in the league.

What a disaster this team is in the middle, soft, dumb, and insignificant up the middle in that order.

Last edited:

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Too bad the team doesn't have anyone better.

Leafs are stuck with Bozak playing the most minutes, taking the most face-offs, and carrying Kessel complete lack of game.

Well, perhaps this draft they'll get some talent up the middle so they can join the contenders in the league.

What a disaster this team is in the middle, soft, dumb, and journeyman up the middle in that order.

They already have someone better ;)

mikebel111*

Another bad game. Had almost 2 costly turnovers in OT
He is starting to lose the battle as the best C on this team by a land slide
Kadri is the much much much better C. Not even close

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Another bad game. Had almost 2 costly turnovers in OT
He is starting to lose the battle as the best C on this team by a land slide
Kadri is the much much much better C. Not even close
I think that was obvious for a while. The lover affair with Bozak really needs to end. The top line should not be playing with each other at all.

HonestHockey*

Can someone point out on the official NHL website where Corsi is located?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Wait, are you saying its not Kessel dragging down Bozak?

But Bozak makes Kessel a decent player. :sarcasm:

Sounds like watching the game puts things into perspective.

Bozak had a very good game last night, wasn't perfect the the perfect man doesn't play hockey.

Bozak also bested the 2nd. best face-off man in hockey last night, 54% against Bergeron.

Best center on the night, +1, 3 hits, 3 blocks, and 48% on the dot.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Sounds like watching the game puts things into perspective.

Bozak had a very good game last night, wasn't perfect the the perfect man doesn't play hockey.

Bozak also bested the 2nd. best face-off man in hockey last night, 54% against Bergeron.

Best center on the night, +1, 3 hits, 3 blocks, and 48% on the dot.

And what is forgotten, is this is not bad for a Center that is paid as a #3C at 4M per.

If Leafs can find two true #1 and #2 Centers to compliment Bozak in the 3rd slot.

I may finally believe this team has turned the corner.

He's not perfect, and at 4M per who is? But he played a winning game last night against one of the best 2 way Centers in the NHL. No one believes he was bad last night, unless it is to fit a narrative.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad