Tyler Bozak: The case for and against (Mirtle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2004
All flat tires are useless. Players paid around ~4 million have varying amounts of "bargains" with Bozak being near the top.

Yet another who doesn't understand the concept of opportunity cost in a capped league.

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
When did he become a floater? His defensive play this year has been brutal.

His defensive play has been over rated for many years.

It hasn't changed.

4.2 mil for a 3rd line centre is pretty pricey though.

leafstilldeath*

3JdEYWz.jpg

Rankings for everyone designated as a center and who has played at least 300mins

Bozak nowhere to be found.

Can we trade this guy already. Is there a competent management with MLSE?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Powerplay is not the issue, even strength is.

I'm pretty sure PP/60 is even strength? Last year Bozak did not have a good year on the Powerplay. I think that table if it included special teams would have Bozak looking a lot better?

I fully admit that I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's just even strength that rating?

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
I'm pretty sure PP/60 is even strength? Last year Bozak did not have a good year on the Powerplay. I think that table if it included special teams would have Bozak looking a lot better?

I fully admit that I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's just even strength that rating?

Oh you're talking about lPts/60 not PP/60. My bad.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Oh you're talking about lPts/60 not PP/60. My bad.

Well the acronyms aren't exactly clear, I only really brought it up because last year it was all about Bozak being bad on the powerplay and now this year it's all about Bozak's lPts/60 being bad.

I'm just tired of the goalposts constantly changing to bash Bozak, their is always some stat to prove he's the worst player ever and belongs in the ECHL.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
3JdEYWz.jpg

Rankings for everyone designated as a center and who has played at least 300mins

Bozak nowhere to be found.

Can we trade this guy already. Is there a competent management with MLSE?

Not disputing your point here, but why is Kessel, Santorelli, Skinner and Toffoli on this list? Probably should narrow this down to 300+ mins actually played at C.

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
Its a big decision weather to move him or not. Nonis seems like a man whos not willing to make a questionable trade. Safe trades for picks and free agents no problem.

Bozak needs to be a decision we just have to commit to.
Bozak and Gardiner will get you Oreilly. But Nonuts doesnt have the balls to pull off something like this.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Well the acronyms aren't exactly clear, I only really brought it up because last year it was all about Bozak being bad on the powerplay and now this year it's all about Bozak's lPts/60 being bad.

I'm just tired of the goalposts constantly changing to bash Bozak, their is always some stat to prove he's the worst player ever and belongs in the ECHL.

He was never really good defensively, or at getting points in general. After his hot start he is starting to come down. In regards to goalposts for Bozak, I have no idea, as I don't think much has changed at least for me. But every player in the league has changing posts by some people.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
the goalposts are changing, no doubt.

last year bozak scored a ton at even strength, struggled on the pp. this year the reverse.

Feb 24, 2004
I don't recall the issue with Bozak ever being about his point production, either at even strength or on the powerplay. It was widely acknowledged on here last year that Bozak's point production was directly the result of playing with two superior players in JVR and Kessel.

The issue is that many feel - and still do - that Bozak drags down Kessel, and is better suited for a role as a bottom six forward than as a top six one. Not sure where the goal posts moved to be honest...

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I don't recall the issue with Bozak ever being about his point production, either at even strength or on the powerplay. It was widely acknowledged on here last year that Bozak's point production was directly the result of playing with two superior players in JVR and Kessel.

Over the last two seasons, Bozak has a higher PPG than JVR.

Feb 24, 2004
Over the last two seasons, Bozak has a higher PPG than JVR.

Even if you want to pretend that PPG is the best way to compare these two, that's awfully sly to include the one season that Bozak (on the strength of 58 games played and an unsustainably high shooting percentage) bested JVR.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Bozak's effort level on Florida's third goal was brutal. Gardiner was with two guys in the corner, Bozak slowly comes over, by the time he gets there the puck is back at the point. Bozak turns back and really does nothing. He needs to put in a better effort.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Bozak's effort level on Florida's third goal was brutal. Gardiner was with two guys in the corner, Bozak slowly comes over, by the time he gets there the puck is back at the point. Bozak turns back and really does nothing. He needs to put in a better effort.

But I thought Bozak was a strong 2-way player who was good in his own end?

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad