Tyler Bozak - Positive or Negative impact on the team?

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Negative influence.

Take Bozak out of the 1st PP Unit-------> Neutral Influence

Reduce Bozak's TOI from 22mins a game to 16mins a game ------> Positive Influence

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
To all Bozak defenders:

If you are on the first line, being a good defensive centre isn't good enough. If you are on the ice in situations where the team needs a goal, being a good defensive centre isn't good enough. If you are on the first PP unit, being a good defensive centre isn't good enough. If you are glued to a line with the best forward on the team, being a good defensive centre isn't good enough

Yes, we're aware he is good at PKing and faceoffs. But that doesn't excuse his offensive shortcomings.

conway902

Feb 4, 2012
To all Bozak defenders:

If you are on the first line, being a good defensive centre isn't good enough. If you are on the ice in situations where the team needs a goal, being a good defensive centre isn't good enough. If you are on the first PP unit, being a good defensive centre isn't good enough. If you are glued to a line with the best forward on the team, being a good defensive centre isn't good enough

Yes, we're aware he is good at PKing and faceoffs. But that doesn't excuse his offensive shortcomings.
um 1st place:help

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Bozak isn't the greatest, I don't think anyone will argue with that but he absolutely is not a negative influence on the team. At worse he is "neutral" (not sure what that even means.. either you help or don't imo) but at the end of the day, he does his job and doesn't make many mistakes so I vote positive.

I would replace him with a real 1c in a heartbeat but we can't live in fantasy land.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bozak isn't the greatest, I don't think anyone will argue with that but he absolutely is not a negative influence on the team. At worse he is "neutral" (not sure what that even means.. either you help or don't imo) but at the end of the day, he does his job and doesn't make many mistakes so I vote positive.

I would replace him with a real 1c in a heartbeat but we can't live in fantasy land.

Great point! I love it when fans can think before they post.

To get a #1C we would likely have to trade 1 of Kessel, Phaneuf, Lupul and replace them with a 6.5M+ salary.

Cap world prevents us from adding a 6.8 Kopitar without losing something from somewhere else. So all this talk about #1C is just a moot point, unless we deal one of our core players.

5-1 right now, not sure what is so wrong about this. What we need is to keep Bozak and find a #2 D man. But many are still obsessed with that #1C that we cannot fit into our cap.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Bozak better find his faceoff mojo again.

I'm also getting a little tired of his constant whiffs on the golden scoring setups he's given.

His penalty killing ability and shootout prowess isn't worth $4.2 million.

hockeyfanz*

Miss the game tonight did ya?

Not sure why a player has a decent effort or a player has a bad game..one's opinion wouuld change of a player. Its one game. When those who are critical of a player they are not basing it on one game. When one praises a player, I hope they are not basing it on one game. Thats ridiculous. Even the worst players have good games and the best players have off nights.

Did Bozak not crap the bed against the Oilers? Sorry I missed the game. But that is what I take from your post. Bozak didn't suck last night..therefore he is good.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Bozak is like the fall-back girl after the bar. You know you can do better, you SHOULD do better, but you already have her, and you're comfortable with her.

That doesn't make her special.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Bozak is like the fall-back girl after the bar. You know you can do better, you SHOULD do better, but you already have her, and you're comfortable with her.

That doesn't make her special.

Doesn't matter had sex.

Doesn't matter, line is doing well/team is winning.

All seriousness, team is best going 1a/1b lines, Bozak and Kadri. Until we sign Stamkos :)sarcasm:) we'll be doing just fine.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Doesn't matter had sex.

Doesn't matter, line is doing well/team is winning.

All seriousness, team is best going 1a/1b lines, Bozak and Kadri. Until we sign Stamkos :)sarcasm:) we'll be doing just fine.

That's exactly the issue. That's not a winning attitude, it'defeatist in its essence

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
That's exactly the issue. That's not a winning attitude, it'defeatist in its essence

You forgot to read the rest of my post.

4.2 million. Line is doing great. He kills penalties, one of our best faceoff men. Sounds of it, teammates love him.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What are the Leafs won loss record with Bozak as one of our top 2 C's?

31-18?

Bottom line is we are winning.

He may not be the poolies stats player that some want, but winning in the NHL trumps hobbies 7 days a week and twice on Sundays.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Being the best faceoff man out of a terrible group is not something to boast about, especially when you really aren't all that great in your own right.

the line will do fine, with talented players like Kessel and JVR. Many would prefer a more talented player between them, to make it even better. Bozak is NOT an ideal center for ANYONE'S first line.

he is overpaid for his skill-set, plain and simple.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Being the best faceoff man out of a terrible group is not something to boast about, especially when you really aren't all that great in your own right.

the line will do fine, with talented players like Kessel and JVR. Many would prefer a more talented player between them, to make it even better. Bozak is NOT an ideal center for ANYONE'S first line.

He's overpaid at 4.2 for bringing in 50+ points and winning over half his draws? While being responsible defensively? What?

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON
What are the Leafs won loss record with Bozak as one of our top 2 C's?

31-18?

Bottom line is we are winning.

He may not be the poolies stats player that some want, but winning in the NHL trumps hobbies 7 days a week and twice on Sundays.
Agreed. It's not like Kessel and JVR are struggling to score either.

ALine

May 14, 2012

So we switch him lines with a C that is more 'terrible'?

It no question he the best fit for the line currently, given the roster. But it is worth it to give up a Dion/Kessel. To replace him? Would that be a negative impact for the team? I think so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad