News Article: Tyler Bozak is on the move

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
As this article is nothing other than trashy click bait can we at least edit the title of this thread? We've already done more research than whoever wrote this crap and determined he's not selling his house because of a pending trade or uncertainty.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You would. Close to the (small) city, right by the ocean, house buried in the woods so no neighbours and lots of privacy :thumbu:

Oh man, that sounds 100% like my dream. Where I was was almost the same except it wasn't by the water. A couple of hectars of land, 2000 strawberry bushes, grew our own veggies, got eggs from our neighbour, wood burning stove to heat the house, water from a well in the backyard, a 15 minute drive from the capital city population about 500K, man I just loved it all. My wife and I (especially her) just love the sea, that was the only thing missing and that's why we live right by the lake now so yeah, for us, that would be perfection. And when you have all that, you really don't need money, OK maybe you need some money but the difference between say 50K and 500K is negligible. :)

Anyhow ... Bozak is moving. Moving is stressful, hope it goes well. :laugh:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I agree 100% about downtown and can't help but wonder why you live there if you don't like it? Sounds like if you need to be in the city, you'd be much happier where I live (Swansea). You can also get an awesome view of the lake but be in a much quieter and safer neighbourhood, be super close to the bike paths by the lake and high park, also close to Bloor West Village, close to major highways and a short drive away from downtown when you want to venture that way. Best place to live in the city IMO if you want to be near the water like I do. And I'm pretty sure condos are cheaper too. :)

There are things i do like about it. For us, it was an invesment and an experience. At this point, the invesment has done very well so we're looking to sell by the fall and use the profit to buy a house in a small town. We don't need to be in the city anymore for work. Quite the opposite in my field of work where all the jobs for the inexperienced are in small towns.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Better off not arguing Bozak/Kadri with TLeafsFan; he used to go absolutely ******* on the official Leafs forums about how Bozak was a glory hound and once the Leafs realized he sucked then they could get on with making Nazem Kadri first line center... and then the Leafs would be an INSTANT Cup contender as Kadri scored 100 points and single-handedly led the Leafs...

Gross exaggeration aside, who has proved the better center between Bozak and Kadri? I'm sure we all know the answer to that now. :)

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Gross exaggeration aside, who has proved the better center between Bozak and Kadri? I'm sure we all know the answer to that now. :)

How do we do that? Do we compare the production over the time they were both in the league at the same time? :naughty:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
There are things i do like about it. For us, it was an invesment and an experience. At this point, the invesment has done very well so we're looking to sell by the fall and use the profit to buy a house in a small town. We don't need to be in the city anymore for work. Quite the opposite in my field of work where all the jobs for the inexperienced are in small towns.

Sounds awesome, good luck!

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I like Bozak... but our team might be better if we traded him and moved Nylander to center, opening up a winger spot for someone like Leivo or Kapanen.

what's better:

JVR - Bozak - Nylander

or

JVR - Nylander - Kapanen

Not really sure what's better to be honest. Pretty close.

The answer is it depends.

It depends if Nylander can play centre for 82 games in the NHL and be effective. A guy who has been coaching successfully for a long time seems to think he's not ready for that. You also have to question if Kapanen is ready for a top 6 role after limited time with the big club and very limited success.

Another factor is what assets a trade would bring back. I don't think it would be much in Bozak's case, but needs to be considered.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I don't think Babcock saying that "Nylander won't be at center this year" necessarily means that he not ready for that. Even if he was, all positions are taken.

Last edited:

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
500k annually is top 1% type money. You seriously don't need to make that kind of money to live well in Toronto
Let's agree to disagree then. I am in Sydney at the moment and it's not unusual to see 200k earners (household) failing to find a home. Mind you, I own several homes and live in a pretty affluent area despite originally living in working class Toronto.

I still see $500k being the comfortable point even if it is top 1% money. That's because it's the top fraction of the 1% living "big". Once you introduce solid private schooling ( vs public ones filled with the product of dysfunctional parents), the expenses really add up especially when taking in account lost income as a result of parental leave.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
With the Brown signing for 3 years, it shows leafs management wants to retain players that give 100% effort and not rely on a certain % to look good no matter how high it may be. Bozak doesnt really fit this profile as he was maybe one of the worst players in the playoffs aside from 1 game where Kadri had to wake the team up.
Bozak isnt really that important of a player as now Nylander could be a good replacement. The way I see it Bozak has been replaced, its just seeing when a team wants to trade for him. Bozak has a candidate right behind him so he is replaceble. The other centres are better playmakers than him and actually know the defensive zone.
Brown deal has basically showed Bozak isnt the type of player that would be a good fit for a hard working team like ours.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
who cares?

he gets traded or not - how does this generate 10 pages?

never saw a good player get traded before?

bozak won't be here forever guys, get over it aready

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
bozak and jvr 100% will not be on team for 18/19 season...but just because they arent part of our future, wont be on team for long, doesnt mean they garbage useless players that some posters suggest they are...our team from our forwards group, D core, and goalies have been so bad for awhile now, not like they been great stars or anything but bozy and jvr have been good for us and have been given far far too little respect from some

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
bozak and jvr 100% will not be on team for 18/19 season...but just because they arent part of our future, wont be on team for long, doesnt mean they garbage useless players that some posters suggest they are...our team from our forwards group, D core, and goalies have been so bad for awhile now, not like they been great stars or anything but bozy and jvr have been good for us and have been given far far too little respect from some

Yep agree, i wont be disappointed to see them go or stay , I would however be disappointed to see them go for less than a fair market value.

I mean who ever get them will be getting guys, barring injury, who have a good 4 to 6 years of top 6 production in front of them, that should be worth something, right?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
With the Brown signing for 3 years, it shows leafs management wants to retain players that give 100% effort and not rely on a certain % to look good no matter how high it may be. Bozak doesnt really fit this profile as he was maybe one of the worst players in the playoffs aside from 1 game where Kadri had to wake the team up.
Bozak isnt really that important of a player as now Nylander could be a good replacement. The way I see it Bozak has been replaced, its just seeing when a team wants to trade for him. Bozak has a candidate right behind him so he is replaceble. The other centres are better playmakers than him and actually know the defensive zone.
Brown deal has basically showed Bozak isnt the type of player that would be a good fit for a hard working team like ours.

When you close your eyes do you see Bozak chasing you? The Brown signing doesn't show anything apart from they wanted to resign Brown.

I have no idea if Bozak is resigned but he doesn't have a replacement waiting in the wings. He's also not going to be traded for picks if the team is in a playoff spot, unless it's a big overpayment.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
When you close your eyes do you see Bozak chasing you? The Brown signing doesn't show anything apart from they wanted to resign Brown.

I have no idea if Bozak is resigned but he doesn't have a replacement waiting in the wings. He's also not going to be traded for picks if the team is in a playoff spot, unless it's a big overpayment.

Sheltered scoring line center? Nylander is most definitely a good future replacement for that. What we don't have is a replacement for Nylander as our fourth choice for scoring line center. Having just four good options for 3 spots isn't good depth to begin with.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar

Agree completely.

The writing was already the wall.

This Brown signing, makes the font even bigger.

This the part, where I do not understand other posters.

If everyone even the players can see someone will not be back, no matter what circumstances, and there is a replacement waiting, then why create controversy inside the dressing room.

The other thing is, we do not know what management really thinks of some players.

Babcock after the first game last season, said that was the best game since he was here. That is a real damning assessment of the veterans who are on the team. No fingers were pointed, so we cannot say for sure who were disappointing to him. It was like saying there was no hope with the old team.

Time to get rid of some of these bums.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
There is a minority view out there, that Bozak does not even belong in the league.

What if Lamoriello holds that view?

If he sees no value, then he won't bother.

My impression is that Bozak is not the type of player Lamoerillo would have wanted on his New Jersey teams.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Keep JVR, trade Bozak, put Nylander at C to be able to keep Leivo/Kappy/Sosh in the lineup OR play Aaltonen there. Babcock sais some good stuff about the 24 yr old C and sheltered 3C role is perfect.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Sheltered scoring line center? Nylander is most definitely a good future replacement for that. What we don't have is a replacement for Nylander as our fourth choice for scoring line center. Having just four good options for 3 spots isn't good depth to begin with.

Am I interpreting that correctly, that having 4 top 9 centres isn't good depth? :amazed:

Is there any team with over 4 top 9 centres?

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
There is a minority view out there, that Bozak does not even belong in the league.

What if Lamoriello holds that view?

If he sees no value, then he won't bother.

My impression is that Bozak is not the type of player Lamoerillo would have wanted on his New Jersey teams.

I'm not even a Bozak fan, but this statement is complete BS.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Am I interpreting that correctly, that having 4 top 9 centres isn't good depth? :amazed:

Is there any team with over 4 top 9 centres?

4 options. Most good teams have talented depth that can step into a scoring role and do a decent job, but we have plenty of that on the wings and none on center. All our center depth is of the variety that you don't want anywhere else than on the fourth line, like Ben Smith or Gauthier.

What happens if we have two injuries on the wing? We have Kapanen, Leivo, Johnsson, Rychel, Timashov etc who can step into such a role. On center? Nothing behind Nylander, unless Aaltonen looks better than I expect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad