News Article: Tyler Bozak is on the move

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
The article is speculative at best but it could be an indication that , 1) Tyler has been told he will be moving before this season, 2) Tyler feels he wont resign after this season so he is getting ahead of the curve by selling early, or 3) he bought a new place in Toronto. I think option 2 is probably the most likely.

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/...ours-toronto-condo-for-sale-stupid-click-bait

His time here is over, and everyone close to him wants to say their goodbyes and thank him for a job well done, as he's moving on to greener pastures.

Yes Bozak is selling his condo and his neighbours are going to miss him. Last night our frenemies over at TLN posted an article showing off Tyler Bozak’s condo for sale, you can check it out here.

The rest of the article is found at the link above.

What do you think, will Tyler be back next season? Smoke? Fire?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
while this does remind me of Simmons' stupid Sundin-house-for-sale article way back when, I have always maintained that they want Nylander at center and are only holding off to maximize any return on bozak.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It was stupid for TLN to do an article on this, stupid for PPP to do an article telling people about that article, and stupid to have a thread.

The guy had a kid during the season, he's obviously just moving into a bigger place.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
It was stupid for TLN to do an article on this, stupid for PPP to do an article telling people about that article, and stupid to have a thread.

The guy had a kid during the season, he's obviously just moving into a bigger place.

Yeah this is very stupid.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Doesn't change much. If the plan is still to have Nylander at C eventually, something has to give. Guess I wouldn't be too surprised if he finishes this contract as a Leaf, but I don't think we give him his next deal.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
"Could" Bozak or Jvr move at some point in the next 365 days.

Yes.

Was this article based on "speculation"?

Yes.

Clickbait?

Yes.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
He could be on the move (and does make sense), but people buy and sell properties all the time - several of us have been speculating this all along

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
2.9 million for a 2 bedroom? Hot damn I feel sorry for you city folk.

No wonder he's selling :laugh:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
while this does remind me of Simmons' stupid Sundin-house-for-sale article way back when, I have always maintained that they want Nylander at center and are only holding off to maximize any return on bozak.

I would be truly disappointed with Lou and company if they don't turn JVR and Bozie into controllable assets. Not because I want them both traded but because they are near the end of their contracts and would likely put us in cap jail if we gave them market value, JVR would get $6 mil (scores like Marleau, a similar contract to Marleau with longer term would not be unexpected) and Bozie would be in the $5 to $6 mil range.

If we trade them now that would probably be a step back short term but IMO long term it is what is best for the Leafs.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Would you buy a new multi million dollar house if you had one year left on your contract and were a vet on a rebuilding team in a market that has seen a significant slow down in residential sales? Or would you get ahead of what is likely to happen and sell your condo?

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Ughhh. I find these articles to be somewhat irresponsible. These are the kinds of things that help build the negative Toronto image. He is selling his place, big deal. How many people have moved within their own city? I would bet most. Not only that but his family situation has changed too.

Also, how often are players told way prior to a trade that they are going to be moved? I would guess slim to none. Maybe he was told he wouldn't be re-signed for next season but even then I bet the Leafs won't commit to anything like that.

Would you buy a new multi million dollar house if you had one year left on your contract and were a vet on a rebuilding team in a market that has seen a significant slow down in residential sales? Or would you get ahead of what is likely to happen and sell your condo?

Could just as easily rent for a year until he is more secure with his future, simply because he realizes that his future is unclear and his family has changed. House for sale does not mean trade pending.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Thought I saw a previous post that the Owner of the Condo is selling, not Bozak.

He probably does realize his time here is almost up but that has nothing to do with this.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Ughhh. I find these articles to be somewhat irresponsible. These are the kinds of things that help build the negative Toronto image. He is selling his place, big deal. How many people have moved within their own city? I would bet most. Not only that but his family situation has changed too.

Also, how often are players told way prior to a trade that they are going to be moved? I would guess slim to none. Maybe he was told he wouldn't be re-signed for next season but even then I bet the Leafs won't commit to anything like that.

There's no somewhat.

This is the unfortunate result of people refusing to pay for legitimate journalistic integrity from trained journalists forced to follow ethical and legal guidelines.

Websites like PPP cater to the lowest common denominators of our fan base who crave any and every piece of news about their favorite team just hoping that 1 day a news tidbit will fall out of the crap they post and make the years of obsession worthwhile.

In reality it never does and these websites spread more "National Enquirer" like fake news that has no basis or meaning and is simply trying to draw numerous unrelated variables together to get a convenient outcome that may be a story seller but is really just intended to be click bait.

At least a Steve Simmons does it via his media outlet and has legitimate sources. This nonsense of fans discussing the realty decisions of the rich and famous is a bit ridiculous though.

I know people in Toronto who have bought and sold up to 4 or 5 homes/condos over the last decade and none of them play for the Leafs. Insanely hot real estate market starting to dry up tends to do that.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Thought I saw a previous post that the Owner of the Condo is selling, not Bozak.

He probably does realize his time here is almost up but that has nothing to do with this.

I mean, living in a condo with a young child, and probably more on the way at some point, isn't very good or fun at all.

He can easily afford a mansion of a house that will space a family a lot better for the money, with an actual backyard and park close.

Every friend I know that had kids in a downtown condo absolutely hated it and moved out to the suburbs.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Maybe he see's the writing on the wall and is playing the "better safe than sorry" card. He sees Matthews as the #1 Center, Kadri scores 30 and is getting way under fair market value for a 30 goal scorer, he's not going anywhere. Nylander and Marner are both centers and knows one of them will be a center some day. He knows that a 4th line center is way below his pay grade.

IMO he probably thinks, market is slowing down just in case the market totally dives I'm going to sell now, if I resign in TO next year, I'll buy a new house after my next contract.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

If I had millions of dollars, regardless of where I got traded to, yes, I would by a new house. Maybe he's buying one back home is Saskatchewan. Could always live there for the summer.

Should Sidney Crosby sell his house in Cole Harbour because he plays for Pittsburgh?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I mean, living in a condo with a young child, and probably more on the way at some point, isn't very good or fun at all.

He can easily afford a mansion of a house that will space a family a lot better for the money, with an actual backyard and park close.

Every friend I know that had kids in a downtown condo absolutely hated it and moved out to the suburbs.

I hated it before I had kids.

This is the post I saw earlier, guess no one else saw it or took it seriously.

I'm a realtor, and the condo isn't owned by Boxak so it likely means nothing other than the landlord is looking to cash out.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
If I had millions of dollars, regardless of where I got traded to, yes, I would by a new house. Maybe he's buying one back home is Saskatchewan. Could always live there for the summer.

Should Sidney Crosby sell his house in Cole Harbour because he plays for Pittsburgh?

Who would want to live in TO in the summer? ;)

Syd is from HRM, it makes sense he would have a summer home there. Bozie is not from Toronto, it makes no sense to keep a summer house there just because he works there 6 months a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad