Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (F) - PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
To start, no, you did not "refute (my) silly little arguments." That might be the first correct thing you've said in your empty diatribes. You didn't come close to doing so. Nor did you actually provide a real argument beyond your own subjective presumptions. And it's actually fairly sad that you still believe you did. And nowhere, in anything I wrote did I say, suggest or even imply that I " think someone can fall out of bed one morning and be a genius at whatever." And if that is actually what you believe I said, then you either didn't read anything I wrote or misunderstood everything I wrote. And that about sums up the issue here. Your reading comprehension is either appalling or you didn't read at all. All you have done is make accusations of "drivel". A word that I am not sure you fully understand. And that word that does not accurately portray the substantial arguments I have put forth.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. So now you're copying and pasting John Locke? How original. Are you still struggling with overcoming the Cartesian theory of personal identity? Nothing new to say since the 18th century? I have to say, I am wholly disappointed. You have a lot of catching up to do in your struggle for identity and meaning. As Butler critiqued, " the relation of consciousness presupposes identity, and thus can not constitute it." You sure you don't want to catch up? Read some Kant, or Nietzsche, or perhaps Bachelard and his dialectic of division? Or perhaps McCabe and his articles of faith? or perhaps Derrida and his subjectum of being?

And you think I am the one trying to prove I am smart? You've hit new heights of projection. I'm not the one trying to take this to some epistemological wasteland. And you couldn't even copy and paste a piece from the last century? You're gonna run with Enlightenment ideals? I guess that kind of fits with your "Sons of Anarchy" motif. Your "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" faux humility and pretense for pragmatic sensibility. Yup, you are deeeeeeep. Deeeeeeeep like the oceans. Deeeeeeeep like the womb that births us and that which we one day hope to return. Deeeeeeep like like the universe, ever expanding, growing cold and distant a manifestation of death and renewal. Deeeeeep like the singularity, the explosive source of all that we are and that which in the end, claims us. Do you use this BS to pick up girls? Because I got to tell you, it's really not a good way to have a conversation, debate or even an argument.

Yawn.

This tangential expedition has run it's course. You're so lacking in reason, rational and argument that you have resorted to abstract plagiarism.

Please, put the clown mask down for a minute and listen to yourself. For your own sake. No one can do it for you.

Those Book clubs are paying off

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
This thread be like
2abinma.gif

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
To start, no, you did not "refute (my) silly little arguments." That might be the first correct thing you've said in your empty diatribes. You didn't come close to doing so. Nor did you actually provide a real argument beyond your own subjective presumptions. And it's actually fairly sad that you still believe you did. And nowhere, in anything I wrote did I say, suggest or even imply that I " think someone can fall out of bed one morning and be a genius at whatever." And if that is actually what you believe I said, then you either didn't read anything I wrote or misunderstood everything I wrote. And that about sums up the issue here. Your reading comprehension is either appalling or you didn't read at all. All you have done is make accusations of "drivel". A word that I am not sure you fully understand. And that word that does not accurately portray the substantial arguments I have put forth.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. So now you're copying and pasting John Locke? How original. Are you still struggling with overcoming the Cartesian theory of personal identity? Nothing new to say since the 18th century? I have to say, I am wholly disappointed. You have a lot of catching up to do in your struggle for identity and meaning. As Butler critiqued, " the relation of consciousness presupposes identity, and thus can not constitute it." You sure you don't want to catch up? Read some Kant, or Nietzsche, or perhaps Bachelard and his dialectic of division? Or perhaps McCabe and his articles of faith? or perhaps Derrida and his subjectum of being?

And you think I am the one trying to prove I am smart? You've hit new heights of projection. I'm not the one trying to take this to some epistemological wasteland. And you couldn't even copy and paste a piece from the last century? You're gonna run with Enlightenment ideals? I guess that kind of fits with your "Sons of Anarchy" motif. Your "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" faux humility and pretense for pragmatic sensibility. Yup, you are deeeeeeep. Deeeeeeeep like the oceans. Deeeeeeeep like the womb that births us and that which we one day hope to return. Deeeeeeep like like the universe, ever expanding, growing cold and distant a manifestation of death and renewal. Deeeeeep like the singularity, the explosive source of all that we are and that which in the end, claims us. Do you use this BS to pick up girls? Because I got to tell you, it's really not a good way to have a conversation, debate or even an argument.

Yawn.

This tangential expedition has run it's course. You're so lacking in reason, rational and argument that you have resorted to abstract plagiarism.

Please, put the clown mask down for a minute and listen to yourself. For your own sake. No one can do it for you.

Imagine writing this after claiming that you're not being emotional

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Imagine writing this after claiming that you're not being emotional

Imagine thinking ANY of that implies emotion? Your assumptions undermine your clarity. The fact that you see emotion where it does not exist, suggests you are the emotional one.

Believe me, don't believe me. Doesn't change my mood.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Seriously!!! This is a hockey board but seem people think they are working on their PHD. What an incredible waste of time and energy.

I'll stop now. Promise. But time and energy? It takes like 2-3 minutes max to write most of those posts. And less than a minute to read them. I wouldn't exactly say "incredible waste of time and energy." but to each his own.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
A lot of folks here paid waaaaaaaay too much for those degrees hanging on the wall.

So let's get back to talking about this Boucher kid.

Have we reached a consensus yet how many NCAA/AHL years he likely needs before crashing Ottawa, or what?

Reactions: Bileur

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yup, you are deeeeeeep. Deeeeeeeep like the oceans. Deeeeeeeep like the womb that births us and that which we one day hope to return. Deeeeeeep like like the universe, ever expanding, growing cold and distant a manifestation of death and renewal. Deeeeeep like the singularity, the explosive source of all that we are and that which in the end, claims us. Do you use this BS to pick up girls? Because I got to tell you, it's really not a good way to have a conversation, debate or even an argument.

Tell me it's the off-season on HFboards without telling me it's the offseason on HFboards.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
A lot of folks here paid waaaaaaaay too much for those degrees hanging on the wall.

So let's get back to talking about this Boucher kid.

Have we reached a consensus yet how many NCAA/AHL years he likely needs before crashing Ottawa, or what?

One season in NCAA and half/full season in AHL is my prediction. He is built for NHL hockey, it will depend on his skill progression in his first NCAA season. If he posts up Brady like numbers, he'll come on over. We need to remember he missed essentially full season or close to one. Can see him doing two seasons in NCAA then straight NHL cause of missed time.

Another strategy I believe Sens brass are deploying is picking players who are likely to contribute sooner and in their ELCs.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
One season in NCAA and half/full season in AHL is my prediction. He is built for NHL hockey, it will depend on his skill progression in his first NCAA season. If he posts up Brady like numbers, he'll come on over. We need to remember he missed essentially full season or close to one. Can see him doing two seasons in NCAA then straight NHL cause of missed time.

Another strategy I believe Sens brass are deploying is picking players who are likely to contribute sooner and in their ELCs.

That's one thing I wonder about. He lost a significant amount of time with injury and covid. Considering that, I would think 2 NCAA seasons would do him a world of good....wouldn't it? Especially if we're talking about building up the skill portion of his game.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
100% Statisticians have become just as important as experienced ex players and coaches within all three of those sports. But some still think sports are like Rudy, or Hoosiers or A Field of Dreams. Those paradigms died at least 20 years ago. The Oakland A's had a lot to do with it in baseball. They even made a movie about it.

I'm just gonna jump in here, and go a little of topic. Moneyball is a nice story and all but let's not forget the fact the book and movie glossed over who the top players were, how they were acquired and why those players were paid so little. It was a pitching staff that consisted of the 2000 Cy Young runner up, the 2001 Cy Young runner up and the 2002 Cy Young winner, three different pitchers by the way. And oh yeah, they had the 2002 MVP at SS and the 2002 gold glove and silver slugger winner at 3B. But yeah, Scott Hatteberg and David Justice propelled that team to success.

Reactions: brakeyawself

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I'm just gonna jump in here, and go a little of topic. Moneyball is a nice story and all but let's not forget the fact the book and movie glossed over who the top players were, how they were acquired and why those players were paid so little. It was a pitching staff that consisted of the 2000 Cy Young runner up, the 2001 Cy Young runner up and the 2002 Cy Young winner, three different pitchers by the way. And oh yeah, they had the 2002 MVP at SS and the 2002 gold glove and silver slugger winner at 3B. But yeah, Scott Hatteberg and David Justice propelled that team to success.

The moral of the story brought to you by MLB "Hey fans come back to baseball and don't worry about the Yank's poor teams can win now too"

Crookshank

Brandon
Apr 18, 2021
Casual Jays fan here. Did not know this, love the movie, thought they told the whole story. Thanks for the information!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This is like the 4th time someone suggested something like this. First off, what is your definition of "competitive hockey"? Midget? High School? College or Juniors?

Next, and I don't know how many times I will actually have to say this, right now, as we breath there are scouts in ALL of the 4 major US sports, and even in world futbol, who never played the game beyond their childhood or highschool. These are actual working scouts, coaches, GMs and other management positions. So the problem is, while your suggestion sounds "reasonable", reality itself contradicts it and proves it wrong.

OF COURSE, what you are saying is also partially true. No one is contending that exposure to higher level coaching, systems experience and all that do not help. Nor are they suggesting that many people working in hockey and other major sports don't have that background, many certainly do. But not everyone or even close to everyone. And I gave numerous examples of this in my previous posts in the previous thread. Yet it's just like folks are ignoring everything I actually wrote or didn't read what I actually wrote, simply trashing it and perceiving it as an "emotional rant" when it is anything but that. I have almost ZERO emotion in regard to this subject, the Sens or frankly, Boucher.

"Some experience is absolutely needed. " YES. Which I specifically stated in my previous posts. But there is a difference between "SOME experience" and the level of experience many arguing have suggested. And the level that many seem to be arguing is way above the level of many working scouts, coaches, GM's and management within professional sports. If you think every hockey scout played at some high level, then you are mislead. It simply is not the case. And as I said various times, there is more than one road to a destination. There are numerous paths to becoming a scout, coach or GM in professional sports. And it's not just me pulling this out from my behind, because all we need to do is actually look through the profession and we will find all variety of people, with all variety of different experience that all ended in the same destination. So the entire premise of the "high level of playing experience" argument is bogus. Which pretty much means any argument you build on top of that bogus foundation will similarly collapse with the weight of reality.

"Its incredibly evident on the boards alone. You can tell who has and who hasnt pretty quickly by reading their content." No. Just no. NOW who is making fallacious judgement? You can tell all that hah? You just have to read their post and you know their history and experience? Talk about projection. I guess your EYE for this is superior to everyone else. I am sure sometimes when you think that is evident you are correct. But you have absolutely know way of knowing this the majority of the time. For you to think this is an assumption in itself. And personally, I would never make such an accusation or generalization because I don't know the experience and history of everyone posting. In fact, I don't know the history or experience of ANYONE posting. And I find it hard to believe you do either. Which means, that statement is literally an assumption.
Starting off your post by saying 'everything you said is wrong' then going on and on about how you are right and everyone else is wrong isn't going to illicit a response.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You know you can differentiate between Mann and his staff making a mistake, like they do on occasion, and being incompetent overall.

They don't deserve absolute blind absolute trust after picks like Thomson and Bowers in the 1st round, two picks that are objectively looking very bad in comparison to other names drafted after them. They are capable of errors in judgement and projection just like anyone. I'm not perfect by any means either. I liked several other players more than Tkachuk and Pinto when they were picked and have happily eaten crow, but I'm going to call balls and strikes when I see them. I'm not going to pretend that Boucher was the best pick at #10 because my favorite team drafted him, but I hope I'm wrong and that ends up being the case.

Even if the scouting staff has made some questionable picks in the 1st round in the past, that doesn't mean they are incompetent overall. The Sens are arguably a top 5 drafting team in the league under Mann's tenure as head scout. There's been a lot more good than bad when it comes to his selections, and at no point have I suggested that Mann is incompetent and bad at drafting overall. That's a complete falsehood. He's proven to be excellent in identifying under the radar talent and I'm hopeful he's found gems in guys like Johansson and Latimer, who I haven't seen play. But when I have seen Boucher play as much as was possible this season and don't see a top 10 pick (like most people), I'm going to give my two cents even if people like you think I shouldn't.

Giving your 2 cents is absolutely fine and expected. It's a message board

But to play out your balls and strikes analogy.... you're not a umpire...yet you make the ball call frequently and present that call as fact

That's cool that you do that....but given the manner in which you do it, you should expect a bit of push back now and again

Reactions: Raze The Stray

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I find it equally presumptuous when internet warriors "appeal to authority" when they don't trust their own capacity and perception and think everyone must be like them.

No one is saying that most people on the internet can do the entire job of being a scout. We are specifically talking about reviewing specific prospects in a draft and trying to determine their value and worth towards various established organizations. What you are suggesting is like a bunch of people that made mac and cheese for dinner thinking they could walk into a a 5 star michelin restaurant to replace the chef. What we are actually saying is more like someone who has made lasagna so many times in their life that they can specifically make lasagna as well as any michelin star chef. Those are two very different claims.

Yes, they are very different claims. It's also a very simple analogy...and not one that I find particularly relevant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad