Prospect Info: Tyler Bertuzzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
He was not going to last, I am sure if the Wings thought he was a well kept secret they would've waited. They must've known that someone was going to take him. I love the pick, its about time they had a guy like this who is a Matt Cooke, Raffi Torres type.

Matt Cooke had 45 goals and 95 points the year he was drafted. He went in the 6th round.

Raffi Torres was a 5th overall pick. He had 33 goals in 77 pts in his draft year.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Matt Cooke had 45 goals and 95 points the year he was drafted. He went in the 6th round.

Raffi Torres was a 5th overall pick. He had 33 goals in 77 pts in his draft year.

What people are saying is that the Wings obviously think he can become a player of their caliber. His draft position reflects their value in him, which clearly contradicts general consensus.

We'll have to wait and see who is correct.

RedWingsNow*

One of Kenny's worst picks in recent memory. Embarrassingly bad.

Embarrassing is way too strong a word.
Confusing -- sure. Disappointing? Perhaps.

But it's way too early.
I don't like the way this draft has gone since Round 2 started...but patience is important.
In a year, we'll have a much better idea of the man behind our drafting was indeed Jim Nill.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013

indeed they had better stats, but they also played at a different time. Those stats would have had them within the top 3 picks in this years draft based on stats alone. Check back when his junior career is over and see where we are.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

But it's way too early.
I don't like the way this draft has gone since Round 2 started...but patience is important.

Thumbs up. Every draft, EVERY SINGLE ONE, team's fans go on rants about this guy or that guy. And almost always it turns out to be over nothing. I love going through old draft threads to see all the outrage over "some dude" was still on the board... and "some dude" is a guy nobody even remembers and never sniffs the NHL.

Now I have zero idea if this pick is any good, but if the Wings are this high on him, they'll give him a fair shake to make it work.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

But it's way too early.
In a year, we'll have a much better idea of the man behind our drafting was indeed Jim Nill.

Agree completely on the first part but I think it will be 4 or 5 years before we know whether the last part is true.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI

But it's way too early.

Can definately agree with this 100%, gotta see how this plays out before we go off the handle on this pick.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga

But it's way too early.

Don't always agree with your views but I agree with everything up until the end. I think we picked a little much for need here but like you said we'll have to wait & see what happens.

We'll have a much better idea of what Bertuzzi can do come this time next year. He'll have either continued his offensive progression or he could stall out. Only time will tell.

I think Holland has a time machine. It's why we picked Bertuzzi here, he's going to grow to 6'3 & he's just going to **** everyone up while he plays on Jarnkrok's wing. Holland has seen the future so he went off the board here to get him. Future 20-20 guy for us. :nod:

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Its gotta be a compensation pick for Bertuzzi retiring this year. That's my only rational for it.

Wolverine Wings

#thankyoubasedgod
Feb 27, 2012
Detroit
Don't always agree with your views but I agree with everything up until the end. I think we picked a little much for need here but like you said we'll have to wait & see what happens.

We'll have a much better idea of what Bertuzzi can do come this time next year. He'll have either continued his offensive progression or he could stall out. Only time will tell.

I think Holland has a time machine. It's why we picked Bertuzzi here, he's going to grow to 6'3 & he's just going to **** everyone up while he plays on Jarnkrok's wing. Holland has seen the future so he went off the board here to get him. Future 20-20 guy for us. :nod:
Only reason why he was picked there in my opinion.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Don't forget Wings likely got their guys with the #20 and #48 picks. #58 pick was like an extra pick no one anticipated. I think picks of this kind are extremely hard for fans to gauge, because you can't judge players like these based on a stat sheet. It's a long shot though I think we agree on that.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Did this kid ever win a fight? I know he fought a lot, but at least in his three fights last year he got pummeled in all of them.

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
He's a better skater and projected to grow.

Everybody who is 18 is projected to grow, so why didn't we get a 6'0 guy who can score points? even if this kid grows he is still not going to be good. There were several 50 point scorers available with similar size.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Don't forget Wings likely got their guys with the #20 and #48 picks. #58 pick was like an extra pick no one anticipated. I think picks of this kind are extremely hard for fans to gauge, because you can't judge players like these based on a stat sheet. It's a long shot though I think we agree on that.

That's terrible logic to defend a terrible pick at a good draft position.

Oct 18, 2006
58th overall on a guy that if he makes it, will be a 4th liner at best? What a horrendous pick.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
90% of you havent seen him play so pump the brakes a bit. Hes a tough physical player and just becuse mocks didnt have high doesnt mean hes not worth the pick. Give it time before you declare him terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad