Prospect Info: Tyler Bertuzzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Corey Pronman @coreypronman
DET selects Bertuzzi. Small guy but plays with energy, can kill penalties and has some skill to his game.

“He brings that element, and we felt like we wanted to add a player like that into our mix of prospects,” said Red Wings scout Jeff Finley. “A lot of times what happens is you like those guys, but they go a lot earlier than you were planning to take them. We just thought, instead of taking a chance that he’s not there in the third round, we had an extra pick in the second, and we didn’t mind him there where we took him.”

“He’s got something you can’t teach in terms of his fearless approach to the game and he plays bigger than he is,” said Ryan Martin, the Red Wings assistant general manager of hockey administration. “He’s an energy guy who is willing to fight and plays that abrasive style.”

http://www.redwingscentral.com/2013/07/01/4073/bertuzzis-fearless-approach-a-bonus/

Last edited:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I guess he will fill a role? Even if it is 4th line pest?

I am trying to rationalize this

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Love this pick, he could be our Andrew Shaw but with some skill. These are the types they'll need to groom to be harder to play against.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Love this pick, he could be our Andrew Shaw but with some skill. These are the types they'll need to groom to be harder to play against.

Bob McKenzie said something like: "Tyler Bertuzzi puts Andrew Shaw look like a Lady Byng winner." :D

We are going get bigger, stronger and nastier to play against with these picks.

Wasn't that what almost everybody has been rooting here for? Three big/strong/nasty canadians.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
I just think they could've drafted him later. He's a 4th liner at best. They lack center depth but go for bottom 6 wingers?

We'll see how they pan out, but my initial reaction is, below average 2nd round. Let's see what happens in the later rounds.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
It's not like he is Zetterberg or Datsyuk and playing thousands of miles away and no one else saw him.

He's playing in Canada and everyone else knew he sucks which is why he was ranked #207 among NA skaters. Such a bad pick. Hard for me to believe that actually happened, as a matter or fact.

Reactions: 21 Savage

sureWhyNot

Jan 24, 2012
Chicago
Love this kid. Love him. He's the type of guy we don't have enough of in our system.

I am sure alot of people will rag on the pick, but I am also sure those same people have never seen the kid play.

Comparisons to shaw are funny. Better scrapper and could easily develop into a better checking line/pk'er.

First time I've been happy with holland in a while.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He's playing in Canada and everyone else knew he sucks which is why he was ranked #207 among NA skaters. Such a bad pick. Hard for me to believe that actually happened, as a matter or fact.

Still, this is just an extra gamble. They traded down to get this extra pick and still got Mantha at 1st round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad