Player Discussion Tyler Benson

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
For those watching the AHL, has he improved his speed at all? I've heard one report when he was playing in the Swiss league that his foot speed looks a lot better and was hoping to see more people corroborate this.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
What's new with Benson? Seems like he has been putting up strong performances across the Swiss league and AHL this year. Is Edmonton still expecting him to crack the team at some point?
If it wasn't for the covid restrictions Tyler Benson would have already played some NHL games this season; I'm fairly confident of that. He's near NHL ready.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
If it wasn't for the covid restrictions Tyler Benson would have already played some NHL games this season; I'm fairly confident of that. He's near NHL ready.
Are they just playing him in Bakersfield because they don't want him to rot on the taxi squad?

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Benson will be here next year with McLeod. Cooper Marody....probably not.
Nygard will be gone, Chiasson will be gone, Neal may get bought out. Turris will be traded, Kassian will be traded unless he does some damage in the playoffs.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Benson will be here next year with McLeod. Cooper Marody....probably not.
Nygard will be gone, Chiasson will be gone, Neal may get bought out. Turris will be traded, Kassian will be traded unless he does some damage in the playoffs.

Marody was just named AHL player of the week, leads the AHL in points (#2-#18 is a log jam between 13-16 pts, while Marody sits atop at #1 with 19pts ), he's the hot hand on the most productive line in the league (Benson-McLeod-Marody), and he just turned 24. He's at a very critical crossroad in which he'll either be a career AHL'er, or a late NHL rookie ready to blossom. He's earned his look, a real look, not 6 games playing 5 minutes a night with the scrubs of the NHL

Benson, McLeod, and Marody should all make the cut next season. And if one of them had to be sent down, imo it should be McLeod, taking years of development and age into consideration.
But I say give all 3 of them the chance, give 'em the 4th line, and our secondary scoring issues may evolve into one of our strengths. Marody is the x-factor on that line, very underrated because of his 'skating', but his hockey IQ is top tier

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League
Player Stats – BakersfieldCondors.com

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Marody was just named AHL player of the week, leads the AHL in points (#2-#18 is a log jam between 13-16 pts, while Marody sits atop at #1 with 19pts ), he's the hot hand on the most productive line in the league (Benson-McLeod-Marody), and he's 24

Benson, McLeod, and Marody should all make the cut next season. And if one of them had to be sent down, imo it should be McLeod, taking years of development and age into consideration.
But I say give all 3 of them the chance, give 'em the 4th line, and our secondary scoring issues may evolve into one of our strengths. Marody is the x-factor on that line, very underrated because of his 'skating', but his hockey IQ is top tier

I know Marody is good in the AHL. He has Talent but...
A) Band-Aid
B) Questionable Foot Speed
C) Mark Arcabello

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Imo Benson (and McLeod to a certain extent) is why you won't see Holloway turn pro next season. The team will try and break those two in first, and then have a 20YO Holloway headline the next wave.

I think you'll see Benson take over the Ennis/Kahun's spot next year. I can see something like...

RNH/McDavid-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Turris-RNH/McDavid-Puljujarvi
Benson-McLeod-Archibald
Neal-Khaira-Kassian
Marody, one of P.Russell/Nygard/Haas/Shore

With Turris becoming Holloway the year after.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Imo Benson (and McLeod to a certain extent) is why you won't see Holloway turn pro next season. The team will try and break those two in first, and then have a 20YO Holloway headline the next wave.

I think you'll see Benson take over the Ennis/Kahun's spot next year. I can see something like...

RNH/McDavid-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Turris-RNH/McDavid-Puljujarvi
Benson-McLeod-Archibald
Neal-Khaira-Kassian
Marody, one of P.Russell/Nygard/Haas/Shore

With Turris becoming Holloway the year after.

Yeah that is a safe bet.

I will play the Gambler here.. Assuming we do not sign Hall or a Winger.

Nuge - Mcdavid - Yamamoto
Holloway - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi (THE BIG SHOW LINE)
Benson - Mcleod - Kassian
Haas - Khaira - Archibald

Nurse - Barrie/Bear
Klefbom - Bouchard
Lagasson - Larsson
Samourukov

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
lol that's not the first time I heard someone compared them, god hopefully there's no truth to that

Play style Wise, I think Arcabello would have a decent career in the new NHL if he was younger.
Marody is a talent player and I hope he makes it but I see another Gilbert Brule.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I know Marody is good in the AHL. He has Talent but...
A) Band-Aid
B) Questionable Foot Speed
C) Mark Arcabello

What part of him is a band-aid? He suffered a severe concussion. That's all.

At 23/24 year old season Arcobello had 17 goals in 73 games.

Marody has 12 goals in 13 games.

Not sure I'm getting the logic for 67 percent of your points.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Yeah that is a safe bet.

I will play the Gambler here.. Assuming we do not sign Hall or a Winger.

Nuge - Mcdavid - Yamamoto
Holloway - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi (THE BIG SHOW LINE)
Benson - Mcleod - Kassian
Haas - Khaira - Archibald

Nurse - Barrie/Bear
Klefbom - Bouchard
Lagasson - Larsson
Samourukov

This is Holland we're dealing with though, not really a known gambler haha

Honestly I'm really looking forward to the versatility Holloway will bring to the line up. Another option could be the hero line approach.

RNH-McDavid-Draisaitl
Yams-Holloways-Pulju

One line dazzles, the other forechecks you to death.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
This is Holland we're dealing with though, not really a known gambler haha

Honestly I'm really looking forward to the versatility Holloway will bring to the line up. Another option could be the hero line approach.

RNH-McDavid-Draisaitl
Yams-Holloways-Pulju

One line dazzles, the other forechecks you to death.

I like. But a three venter öine tells you that Nuge probably is heavily overrated by us.

Tjat line is 27m$. Like, wtf. They have to have the abillity to drive their own line.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Marody was just named AHL player of the week, leads the AHL in points (#2-#18 is a log jam between 13-16 pts, while Marody sits atop at #1 with 19pts ), he's the hot hand on the most productive line in the league (Benson-McLeod-Marody), and he just turned 24. He's at a very critical crossroad in which he'll either be a career AHL'er, or a late NHL rookie ready to blossom. He's earned his look, a real look, not 6 games playing 5 minutes a night with the scrubs of the NHL

I would like to keep Marody for that secomndary scoring. BUt if his skating is to bad, he will probably never play.
I think MacLeod is a lock to NHL thanks to just skating.

WOuld the Benson MacLeod Marody line work in NHL? That would be exciting. THey know each other inside out.
But I fear its much thanks to MacLeods steady centerplay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad