Confirmed with Link: Ty Ronning signs ELC with Rangers

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I like this kid a lot. Rare RH shot in the org.

Skill and moxy is high, good character and high compete level.

Lets see him in HFD. IMO he's got to bulk up before making an impact at the pros.

Good thing He's a good skater, he'll get some openings and chances. If he can finish at the pro level, then he legitimately moves up the Peking order.
Is that "pecking" or some kind of Asian food?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
All kidding aside. I like his "hesitation shot". Smart moves, and surprisingly not used enough in NHL, probably because coverage is usually closer. Nonetheless smart. Good awareness and seems to be quick minded. Love that spin around KNOWING the puck was in vicinity. Nice.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Man, what a rough rookie pro season he is having. He was doing alright in his brief season's end stint in 2017 but now injured in the E. Must be tough when you play against players who actually know how to play defense.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Ty Ronning, our 7th round pick in 2016, is entering the last year of his entry level contract. I spoke with him, and we talked about his childhood, growing up surrounded by Gretzky, Tkachuk, Modano and other greats of hockey. Will publish it in the next few weeks.

r4BgQhb.png

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Effort can get you so far if you have no skill at the pro level
He has skill, he just doesn't have the awareness off the puck to get himself into areas where he can use his skill--the shot. I mean he's not good or anything but he's not totally bereft of talent.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
He has skill, he just doesn't have the awareness off the puck to get himself into areas where he can use his skill--the shot. I mean he's not good or anything but he's not totally bereft of talent.

So all he is the shot. So another Gropp. This is the player you pick in the 7th round not the 2ed round like they did with Gropp. Yuck Rangers desperately need to improve their scouting department

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
So all he is the shot. So another Gropp. This is the player you pick in the 7th round not the 2ed round like they did with Gropp. Yuck Rangers desperately need to improve their scouting department

You're talking about Ryan Gropp, who was drafted in 2015. That was 5 years ago. Guess what? They improved the scouting, especially for that area, with the hiring of Steve Konowalchuk

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
You're talking about Ryan Gropp, who was drafted in 2015. That was 5 years ago. Guess what? They improved the scouting, especially for that area, with the hiring of Steve Konowalchuk

I still dont see it. Trading for Fox and selecting Kakko any idiot could have done that. Selecting Andersson in 2017. What about that awful pick that was 3 years ago. Scouting isnt as good here as some think.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I still dont see it. Trading for Fox and selecting Kakko any idiot could have done that. Selecting Andersson in 2017. What about that awful pick that was 3 years ago. Scouting isnt as good here as some think.

What about Barron, Wall, Chytil, Lundkvist, Miller, Robertson, Pajuniemi, Reunanen, Keane, Jones? All draft picks after Gorton took over. Our scouting may not be perfect, but it has improved immensely since Sather was replaced.

You don't see it? Open your eyes

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
What about Barron, Wall, Chytil, Lundkvist, Miller, Robertson, Pajuniemi, Reunanen, Keane, Jones? All draft picks after Gorton took over. Our scouting may not be perfect, but it has improved immensely since Sather was replaced.

I LOVE what the Rangers have done of late. At the same time, you can’t reply to the doubters with this list. Only Chytil has proven anything on this list and he’s still a project. You will only silence the doubters when we have prospects in the NHL that are actually producing. This will take time to see the outcome.

Reactions: hn777

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I LOVE what the Rangers have done of late. At the same time, you can’t reply to the doubters with this list. Only Chytil has proven anything on this list and he’s still a project. You will only silence the doubters when we have prospects in the NHL that are actually producing. This will take time to see the outcome.

Well, you don't really know for sure what you have in a draft pick until you're 5 years down the line. So all we have to go on is progress

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Rangers scouting will be determined a lot by the next three years. Lundkvist looks like a pick for the ages. That much like trading for Fox and DeAngelo is a game changer for the defense. The key really is Kravtsov. He can't turn out to be a schmuck. Hopefully, everything will come together for him. That being said, if a Cozens, Horvat or Glass were on the block in a package deal, I'd be listening.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
I must admit I'm surprised at Ronning's lack of scoring in the AHL. You don't see a guy score 60 goals in 70+ games in juniors that often and do nothing offensively in the AHL. I would suspect they are making him work on the rest of his game which was lacking. However, I would at this point be playing him a ton as the trigger guy on the PP and see if his offense can breakout. If you look at that roster down there forward wise, it sucks. Next year is a different story. If they won't give Lettieri another chance here then they should move him to a team that is rebuilding like Detroit, Ottawa or L.A.

Next year I agree is it for Ronning. You probably are looking at Kravtsov, maybe Lias, Barron, Pajuniemi, Gettinger, Miller, Grossf, Rykov and some vets down there. I see no way Lundkvist isn't on the big club next season.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

We still dont draft 1st or 2ed line talent. Tired of drafting 3rd and 4th liners. Most of those players outside of Chytil is a question mark. Most of them are in pro European leagues or college which doesnt lead to success like it hasnt with Lias Andersson yet etc.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
LMAO what the hell is this crap?

Meaning you can't tell how good a prospect will by him playing n Europe or College. He can do amazing in those leagues and schools and do nothing in the AHL and be a bust. Tons of players do well in Europe and college and that is all they do in their career, nothing in North American Pro hockey. Just like players who do well in the AHL and cant do anything to in the NHL. Cant judge a prospect until he is playing in pro hockey in my opinion. That is why I consider Barron Miller, Lundkvist, etc are all question marks until they play in the AHL and or NHL.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Meaning you can't tell how good a prospect will by him playing n Europe or College. He can do amazing in those leagues and schools and do nothing in the AHL and be a bust. Tons of players do well in Europe and college and that is all they do in their career, nothing in North American Pro hockey. Just like players who do well in the AHL and cant do anything to in the NHL. Cant judge a prospect until he is playing in pro hockey in my opinion. That is why I consider Barron Miller, Lundkvist, etc are all question marks until they play in the AHL and or NHL.

You really have no clue what you're talking about :laugh:

This is true for EVERY LEAGUE. Look at Evgeni Grachev. Or, you know, the example you used, Ryan Gropp. Want more draft busts from NA junor hockey? Shane McColgan, Kyle Beach, Colton Teubert, Chet Pickard, Alex Burmistrov, Brandon Gormley. But sure, complain about EU and NCAA leagues "not developing talent". My god, this is the dumbest thing I've read this lockdown.

Most of them are in pro European leagues or college which doesnt lead to success like it hasnt with Lias Andersson yet etc.

If European leagues don't lead to success, how would you explain Sebastian Aho, Mikko Rantanen, Vladimir Tarasenko, Evgeni Kuznetsov, Viktor Arvidsson, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Erik Karlsson? I am eager to hear your take on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: UnSandvich

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Panarin, Zibanejad, Shestyorkin, Fox, Kreider. Literally our 5 best players come from Europe or the NCAA :laugh:

Don't forget Lindgren, Trouba, Buch, Chytil, Kakko, Fast, Hank & Georgie

EDIT: If you look at the Top half of the lineup, y'know the part which absolutely carried us this season, exactly 2 are from the CHL: Strome and DeAngelo

KZB
Bread-Strome-Fast
HM: Chytil

Lindgren-Fox
Tony-Trouba

Igor
Georgie
Hank

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad