Confirmed with Link: Ty Ronning signs ELC with Rangers

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Emerson Etem scored 61 goals in his age 19 season in the WHL so don't buy too much into the hype about his goal totals.
Yikes. It's been a long time since I saw a guy less interested in being a hockey player than that guy.

culex

Oct 23, 2016
Was particularly obvious during the '16 draft that this would be one of, if not the best value pick of the draft. He fell because he's small. That's really it.

At worst, he's going to be a scoring threat in the AHL. Not bad for a 7th rounder.

I think he also had an injury riddled 2014-15 season. I think that, combined with his size, led him to dropping so much in the draft. That said, I'm a bit surprised no one else took the gamble on him - I know a lot of Canucks fans were hoping their team would do so. Either way, better for us! Super excited for the kid.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Why? He has a contract.

The contract doesn't start until July 1st. In order to play for Hartford before then (assuming they will have games left after Vancouver's season is over), Ronning would have to sign an ATO.

Here is what I found concerning the difference between an ATO and a PTO:

ATO, PTO What? A Primer on Hockey Contracts

ATO- this is an Amateur Try-Out agreement, and is for players who are coming in from college and have never played at the professional level. These type of contracts are common at the end of the season as many players try to break in to the pro leagues after the college or junior season is over. The ECHL, AHL and NHL all use ATOs.
PTO-this is a Professional Try-Out agreement and is only found in the AHL, it is very common for a player at the ECHL level to get a PTO with the AHL affiliate. There is a limit to the number of games played at 25 and a player can only sign two PTOs per season.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Dude is absolutely lighting it up this season in the WHL. Glad to have him onboard going forward.

Yeah but I did become a bit skeptical when I saw that he only had like what 22 assists in 70 games this year, but it of course don’t tell the full story. But it’s still a little on the short side...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->