98.5 The Sports Hub Ty Anderson on Bruins free agency

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Absolutely, re: 98.5

Felger has gotten to the point he openly mocks his own listeners and it is unfortunate because it was good radio a decade ago.

Now it gets worse and worse by the week and the segments aren't based on knowledge but trolling the listeners for reactions.
You really hit it right on the head with your comments above
For example Felger making fun of Bruins fans for their worship of the the Orr statue and the entire flying through the air goal
The Bruins had a couple of tough series that year to get to the blues
Who still listens to Felger and the puppet?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Nothing irrational I don’t care Donato is gone ...

Donato coulda contributed much like Seguin did in 2011.

The Bruins lacked NHL forwards and traded 1.

I just think they could/should have got Coyle and kept Donato for the run.

They traded for 2 NHL top 9 forwards but they NEEDED 3 and Donato was the closest thing they had that third thing.

As I said maybe Minny doesn’t do it for Bjork they kind of fought for the playoffs....

Just when the deal was made I feel like there were other better options and keeping forward 8.5 was the one.

You keep saying Donato could have contributed, and I disagree. His compete level was not good in the regular season never mind the playoffs.

You just said yourself that Minnesota was not going to take Bjork (he was hurt anyway), so who should they have dealt?

Studnicka? Pass. He’s going to be better than Donato imo.

A 1st? Pass.

You have to give to get, and Donato was the piece.

What Cassidy should have done was kept Heinen with 37 and 63 and Pasta with Krejci. The way Mojo and Coyle played on the 3rd line, Kuhlman would have been good there.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
All in All in All in

Worry about 2020-21 next year

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Wasn’t Ty Anderson the one at the TDL in March that said next season which is a couple of months away ,is the year the bruins are “all in” .. well now it’s here. Is either shat or get off the pot. I don’t want the same team going into next year. I would’ve said that even if they won the cup. I don’t wanna wait for the TDL in March 2020 or next years F/A either. Still says Sweeney makes a deal within the next two weeks.

Reactions: Strafer

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Who should they trade or sign that can fit cap wise , with saying their all in. I agree. I’m with you this is the year for a little turnover.
My All in team 2019

D
Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Clifton-Grzelcyk
Moore -Kampfer

Reassess where Miller is health wise

Chara, Krug, Miller up after year

Krug I try and get done

Vaakanainen
Zboril
Lauzon
Andersson
Zech
Etc

Lot of guys behind

All in FORWARDS

My centers
Bergeron
Krejci
Coyle
Kuraly

Acciari is messed up probably can sign 1 year around a million- i would do but if he leaves we are ok

Frederic by 2020 could/should be ready to help - I’m high on him

Studnicka a pro scout in East after rookie tourney told me their organization loves him

Reminds me in limited viewing of Keith Crowder

Studnicka could help in 2020 and wouldn’t surprise me if he’s the guy who opens eyes at TC

WINGERS

You already have a better version of the Blues

Three legit top 6: Marchand DeBrusk Pastrnak

Heinen can move up or down

Your 4th line is set

If you can get Johansson on a 3 year deal I’m interested

Otherwise open it up to Bjork, Studnicka, Frederic, Senyshyn, Cehlarik whoever

It’s July the goal is make playoffs and be deep and balanced by late March

Reactions: Strafer

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
It was a horrible trade ....

Bjork and Olson was the trade to make.

Kuhlman really really really made a difference.

1. Who the hell is Olson, the kid they drafted over the weekend?
2. Bjork was on injured reserve and he has little to no value at this point. So that was a non-starter.
3. So the trade for Charlie Coyle should have been for one guy who has barely played in two years and one guy who wasn't even in their organization at that time??? Because I don't think you can do that.....
4.And finally, are you talking about the Charlie Coyle trade? Do you remember the part where Charlie Coyle was a beast and arguably their best freakin forward in the Stanley Cup run???

And Straight Edge Ty needs a drink.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Ty Anderson went downhill when he left WEEI for 98.5. He used to be objective and measured in how he spoke and reported things. Now, he's become a typical radio sports jock that sensationalizes everything to rile people up.
It's the same with Fluto. He was great at the Globe but now at The Athletic all you see are these ridiculous click-bait headline tweets he sends out.

Can I agree and at the same time point out that there are way more guys that keep the clicks coming with going down hill like that. I bet neither WANT to be making this change... but they also want the paycheck.

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
You really hit it right on the head with your comments above
For example Felger making fun of Bruins fans for their worship of the the Orr statue and the entire flying through the air goal
The Bruins had a couple of tough series that year to get to the blues
Who still listens to Felger and the puppet?
Agreed. I actually used to like Felger but he annoys the crap out of me now, as does Mazz (who always did).

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
This may be a strange concept to some, but did you know the other team has to actually accept the deal as well?

Give them a First Lauzon and Studnicka then.

When you’re short top 9 forwards you don’t deal one to get another 1 ?!?

Or is that a strange concept?

Someone else above said Donato wouldn’t have contributed. Maybe they are right but he was the best option they had.

Black Aces seem to contribute to any teams run that make/win the Stanley Cup.

Blais and Sanford did ...

I guess so did Kuhlman ...

But the glaring hole on the second line is what I blame the Bruins loss on.

They needed one more forward who could contribute and they didn’t have it once the ice in the press box or in the system.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The fact some people are still arguing that the Donato trade was horrible for the Bruins is the exception that proves the "Hindsight is 20/20" rule. Dear Lord, that was as slam dunk a trade as I have ever seen. One has to be either oblivious, or unable to accept when they were wrong, to not see that.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Give them a First Lauzon and Studnicka then.

When you’re short top 9 forwards you don’t deal one to get another 1 ?!?

Or is that a strange concept?

Someone else above said Donato wouldn’t have contributed. Maybe they are right but he was the best option they had.

Black Aces seem to contribute to any teams run that make/win the Stanley Cup.

Blais and Sanford did ...

I guess so did Kuhlman ...

But the glaring hole on the second line is what I blame the Bruins loss on.

They needed one more forward who could contribute and they didn’t have it once the ice in the press box or in the system.

Cassidy never put MoJo back with 46 and 74....Never put 43 with 37 and 63...He really never did anything, in seven games where it was apparent that the 5v5 was not working all that well vs Stl…. Cassidy had a worse series than many of the players IMO

Last edited:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
He works for 98.5... home of Felger, Mazz, Adam Jones.... Negative scripted group think is exactly what these guys do.
I will only listen to 98.5 if I have an iron clad guarantee that on my death bed I can trade back the lost time in return for a 4x return of healthy time as 22 year old me.

Other than that it's simply not worth the time.

Honest question. If you were sitting in a bar and one of those morons started yelling at you with his opinions and histrionics in the same manner they do on the radio, how much restraint would it take to not punch him in the face?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Thanks to Don, if anyone is heading to Vegas, be sure to put your kids college tuition on the Rangers making the playoffs next year.
no money left, bought stock in a company that sells edibles which become legal come December:naughty:

Made a nice profit on a company who provides the gov`t grow facilities with their lighting

now back to free agency, think the Rags will be vastly improved and will push for a spot this coming year but come up just a bit short

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
We need to get our free agents under contract. I suspect everyone here will be upset because we didn't land a big fish. The goal for me this offseason should be to get a 4th line banger and try to get 4m in capspace setup for the season. That should give us enough to move the chips all-in at the deadline on a big fish like a Taylor Hall.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
we need to get a rw for bergeron and marchand. or put krejci in between march and pasta and find a rw for bergeron.

for next year i dont wanna see krejci without a scoring rw and i dont wanna see that 63 37 88 line ever again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad