98.5 The Sports Hub Ty Anderson on Bruins free agency

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Ty Anderson absolutely hated the Donato/Coyle swap when it happened fwiw.

Not trying to knock him, just saying he's not infallible.
I saw the "after show" with him and Felger on Facebook and he came off kinda ..............dumb. He made a suggestion of a trade, wish I could remember what it was but I turned to Mrs. Strafer and said "this is so typical 98.5, so uninformed." I loved and still LOVE the Coyle trade!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
No bigger than the mountain they climbed last year.

Sadly much bigger for next year.

It is NOT a given the B's will be a Top 3 team in the Atlantic next year - Montreal didn't miss by much and Florida is expected to go all in next week.

Look - Every Bruins player knows that the Cup was in TD Garden and all they had to do was win the last game at home :cry: - The Stanley Cup Final hangover exists but it is worse for the team that is the loser.

The goal for next season is to make the playoffs PERIOD - Don't worry about home ice as that is now irrelevant in today's NHL

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Ty Anderson went downhill when he left WEEI for 98.5. He used to be objective and measured in how he spoke and reported things. Now, he's become a typical radio sports jock that sensationalizes everything to rile people up.
It's the same with Fluto. He was great at the Globe but now at The Athletic all you see are these ridiculous click-bait headline tweets he sends out.

Reactions: Blowfish

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I love Ty but lately his commentary about the Bruins have been loaded with unrealistic expectation and snark. He’s kind of acting like Felger.

I do give him props for shutting down trolls.
I agree Ali.

He's definitely changed very recently in how he delivers his opinion on the Bs and even has that Felger "Im gonna ruffle some feathers" mentality going a bit.

I still like some of his stuff however.

Reactions: Strafer and Alicat

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It was a horrible trade ....

Bjork and Olson was the trade to make.

Kuhlman really really really made a difference.

Bjork...and the kid they just drafted in the 3rd Round? Are you saying they should have moved the pick they used to select him, because otherwise this move is impossible.

Bjork was hurt, and there was no way the Wild were going to deal Coyle for an injured player. Also, not sure if you watched Donato play when he was here, but he would have been useless to the Bruins in the playoffs the way it turned out. Guarantee he would have been a non-factor, particularly vs CBJ and STL.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Ty Anderson went downhill when he left WEEI for 98.5. He used to be objective and measured in how he spoke and reported things. Now, he's become a typical radio sports jock that sensationalizes everything to rile people up.
It's the same with Fluto. He was great at the Globe but now at The Athletic all you see are these ridiculous click-bait headline tweets he sends out.

I still like Ty a lot. He's wrong occasionally like everyone. I think he loves the sport, is a knowledgeable guy, but sometimes let the Twitter morons get to him.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I like Ty but he's been super negative lately. Team was close, it sucks, I'll never get over it (and I don't have the Sox or Pats), but life goes on and the future is as bright as ever with this team.

I can understand a jaded view after losing a game 7, thats pretty normal in sports. I rather have Ty give his actual opinion instead of some scripted group think response as not to upset anyone. Opinions should always be welcome.

Reactions: since76

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I can understand a jaded view after losing a game 7, thats pretty normal in sports. I rather have Ty give his actual opinion instead of some scripted group think response as not to upset anyone. Opinions should always be welcome.

He works for 98.5... home of Felger, Mazz, Adam Jones.... Negative scripted group think is exactly what these guys do.

Reactions: 00BW and 4ORRBRUIN

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The issue is that every opinion he gives is negative which is a far cry from what he used to be.

He was hard on them but far more balanced and now that the season is over he's acting like this team will be in the gutter and that Sweeney is just like Chiarelli.

Reactions: Strafer and 00BW

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I agree Ali.

He's definitely changed very recently in how he delivers his opinion on the Bs and even has that Felger "Im gonna ruffle some feathers" mentality going a bit.

I still like some of his stuff however.
Oh I like his stuff but the sudden negativity and unwillingness to hear any positive takes is a bit jarring.

Reactions: JCRO

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The issue is that every opinion he gives is negative which is a far cry from what he used to be.

He was hard on them but far more balanced and now that the season is over he's acting like this team will be in the gutter and that Sweeney is just like Chiarelli.

It'll be a short offseason, the optimism will pick up as Sept approaches. I think after the Celtics lost to the Lakers in game 7 2010, the offseason was terribly long and negative as that was seen their last chance, but the Bruins might get another run like the celts did in 2012

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I think there is a difference between being devastated and being negative. Opportunity lost, I get it, but they are ready for another run

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad