Proposal: Two Mid-Late 1st Round Picks Together (2020)

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
No, he's 4 years removed from his draft and hasn't really done much.
He had a fine year in Liiga but that isn't enough to pay a mid 1st for him
Of course their GM will ask for a 1st but may have to settle for a 2nd + 3rd/prospect
I’d seriously consider giving a late 1st for him.
At the worst he’s a middle 6 guy, and if he gets his crap together he could be a top 6 guy... I’d gamble on him.
would also be a cheap option until he proves himself.
Maybe a late 1st for Puljujarvi+ 4th or something like that

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I’d seriously consider giving a late 1st for him.
At the worst he’s a middle 6 guy, and if he gets his crap together he could be a top 6 guy... I’d gamble on him.
would also be a cheap option until he proves himself

My bad, didn't see you said late 1st, was going off the OP's mid 1sts up for grabs.
I could see a building team offer up a late 1st (if they have one from a contender)
NJ, OTT as example if one of their later picks are #24 or later.
DET has three 2nds so maybe two 2nds for him, that would equal a late 1st no?

Reactions: BatVader

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
if the Devils package one of their best 1-2 DMen for a winger, that would be TERRIBLE

they need to be doing the opposite. You can't trade DMen for wingers right now organizationally speaking.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings will give you three seconds for your two firsts, that’s a steal

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
If I am Ottawa the 5th pick for these 2 picks sounds intriguing especially if one ends up being in the top 10.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Vince Dunn for Vancouver's 1st has been mentioned before in other threads, with (some) fans on both sides being okay with it. Obviously it is all contingent on what happens with Alex Pietrangelo.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Vince Dunn for Vancouver's 1st has been mentioned before in other threads, with (some) fans on both sides being okay with it. Obviously it is all contingent on what happens with Alex Pietrangelo.

Also would have to see what shakes out with Vancouver. If they lose their series, it flips unprotected to next season. Obviously I don't think many devils fans will want to do that at that point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad