Post-Game Talk: Two in a row - 4:1 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Vortex

Jul 4, 2012
Is this for real or done as a joke/custom? Maybe its not a big thing, but IMO those two not getting along could have huge implications

No kidding!

I think I rewound that "exchange" like 50 times to make sure before I commented on it, my gf thought I was going crazy lol

But who knows if thats a "joke" or legitimately a "snub".

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I think this Buff-Thor "snub" analysis has already reached the in-depth discussion we had on Pavelec and Hutch's faces whilst sitting on the bench.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
probably time for its own thread.

btw...why isn't the media asking the tough questions???

"Paul, thor and buff didn't look and smile at each other during the handshakes - is there a rift in the room?"

Thesis

Mar 4, 2015
probably time for its own thread.

btw...why isn't the media asking the tough questions???

"Paul, thor and buff didn't look and smile at each other during the handshakes - is there a rift in the room?"
lol the people want to know!

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I think this Buff-Thor "snub" analysis has already reached the in-depth discussion we had on Pavelec and Hutch's faces whilst sitting on the bench.

Speaking of which, Hutch didn't look too happy when they cut to him while the talent was talking about Bucky. I wonder how much the control room plays a part in this. Like, keeping a camera on Hutch until they catch him looking bored and disinterested, then alerting Munz, we're cutting to Hutch in 5 seconds, start talking about Bucky.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
The real question is will the lines reshuffle back to what we were seeing before or will Scheifele play with Ehlers and Perreault once again?

Stafford Little Wheeler
Perreault Scheifele Ehlers
Ladd Lowry Burmistrov
THorburn Copp Halischuk/Armia/Peluso

That's an interesting take. I was thinking

Scheifele between Stafford and Wheeler (produced last year). Little between Ladd and Burmi (Burmi replaces Frolik's defense) and Lowry as the 4LW.

But I like your lineup more. Not sure Ladd does, putting him to a checking line seems like a demotion which isn't a bargaining chip. Or maybe it is, if the top lines produce, he seems more replaceable. Though it seems for all intents and purposes that he is the one True North is closer to re-signing.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
In reality Armia is one of the fastest guys on Jets roster. It's a fact.

Yes but how quick is he? I think acceleration, change of pace are just as important as top end speed. Maybe more.

I would like to see him swapped with Thor. The 3rd line needs more skill and Armia needs more opportunity. Hard to judge him playing on the 4th line.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Is this for real or done as a joke/custom? Maybe its not a big thing, but IMO those two not getting along could have huge implications

Any trouble in the room has huge potential implications. But are they going to trade Buff because he can't get along with Thor?

Hhane Snidy

Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The real question is will the lines reshuffle back to what we were seeing before or will Scheifele play with Ehlers and Perreault once again?

Stafford Little Wheeler
Perreault Scheifele Ehlers
Ladd Lowry Burmistrov
THorburn Copp Halischuk/Armia/Peluso

This is exactly how I'd like to see it. I really hope Maurice doesn't go back to LLW, it's insane. Ladd belongs on the Lowry line and Perreault/Ehlers need to be moved up.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I'm not sure I like Lowry at C over Burmi. It may be coincidence, but Burmi's season really took off with his move to C.

When Scheifele returns, I wonder who gets bumped out?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I'm not sure I like Lowry at C over Burmi. It may be coincidence, but Burmi's season really took off with his move to C.

When Scheifele returns, I wonder who gets bumped out?

I'd be amazed if it is not Armia. Armia played the least amount of minutes last night, does not contribute to special teams like Lowry and Halischuk have, and hasn't produced a single point in his brief stint. The 4th line is better with either Thorburn or Lowry's physicality, and defensive awareness. Can reach the 10 minute mark if we want to keep all the troops fresh.

I think one telling factor Lowry has over Burmi is faceoffs. Burmi is substandard on the draw, which is important for possession especially when relied upon for defensive and short handed draws.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
For all the doom and gloom with this fan base, we have a chance to close the year out a game over .500. I said at the beginning of the season, if this team can hang in around .500 going into the new year, we will make a run in the second half, and we will be right there for a play off spot.

Hardest part of the schedule has been played. I also expect more output from the rooks, and if Helly keeps up this play, wow it might not be the end of the world as some so desperately have been trying to portray this season as.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
For all the doom and gloom with this fan base, we have a chance to close the year out a game over .500. I said at the beginning of the season, if this team can hang in around .500 going into the new year, we will make a run in the second half, and we will be right there for a play off spot.

Hardest part of the schedule has been played. I also expect more output from the rooks, and if Helly keeps up this play, wow it might not be the end of the world as some so desperately have been trying to portray this season as.

[mod]

That would be a game over fake .500. That would be if they can win a game against a team not on the back end of a b2b. Detroit was playing their 3rd game in 4 nights last night.

It is possible to find reasons for hope but the Jets still have a very big hill to climb.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
That would be a game over fake .500. That would be if they can win a game against a team not on the back end of a b2b. Detroit was playing their 3rd game in 4 nights last night.

It is possible to find reasons for hope but the Jets still have a very big hill to climb.

Yes they do, but with a goalie that could stay around .920 for the rest of the year they will be a bubble team and draft where we all don't want them to again. :cry: We will see if Chevy is in soft tank mode when Pavs returns, how they handle Helly will be interesting.

Kamo

Jul 10, 2011

It's not fake .500. If you are 17-17-2 you have 50% of the of the possible points, making it .500.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
It's not fake .500. If you are 17-17-2 you have 50% of the of the possible points, making it .500.

"Fake .500" refers to having 50% of all possible points available while having won less than 50% of all games played.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

It is fake .500 if you have 17 wins and 19 loses. They don't have 50% of the possible points because some games are worth 3 points while others are only worth 2. You are counting each game as a maximum of 2 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad