Post-Game Talk: Two in a row - 4:1 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
You have to try hard to be skating your fastest all the time. This is hard to do when you are scared to get hit.

You can see his speed and skill when the puck is on his stick but that's it.
Or maybe Armia is playing smart. Being "scared" has nothing to do with it. He uses his speed and body when he sees it sensible. How many times he has been out of position? Yup, NONE.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Or maybe Armia is playing smart. Being "scared" has nothing to do with it. He uses his speed and body when he sees it sensible. How many times he has been out of position? Yup, NONE.

He's a bit like 55 in the sense that every once in while he hits the nitrous and you think "holy ****" where did come from

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Thorburn is very much a veteran leader and voice of the locker room. If I was to read anything from it, it is that Buff is on his way out, seeking greener ($) pastures, and Thor probably had some words for him about bailing on the team. But that's as speculative as anyone else's opinions.

You're not giving yourself enough credit here. Nobody else's opinion came even close to yours. This is an elite level of speculation. ;)

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Two plays that I wish I saw a replay on when I was at the game. First, was that a legit penalty on Thor when he kicked the puck up and who had the breakaway when they blew it down? Secondly, did Enstrom have an open net when he went back across the grain? Can't see the far crease with the LOGE seat railings that are five inches to thick obstructing the view.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
(...) First, was that a legit penalty on Thor when he kicked the puck up and who had the breakaway when they blew it down?

IMHO, it was a legit penalty. Thor definitely saw the defender, and moved to pick / interfere with him.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Two plays that I wish I saw a replay on when I was at the game. First, was that a legit penalty on Thor when he kicked the puck up and who had the breakaway when they blew it down? Secondly, did Enstrom have an open net when he went back across the grain? Can't see the far crease with the LOGE seat railings that are five inches to thick obstructing the view.

Pretty sure that was Ehlers.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
The real question is will the lines reshuffle back to what we were seeing before or will Scheifele play with Ehlers and Perreault once again?

Stafford Little Wheeler
Perreault Scheifele Ehlers
Ladd Lowry Burmistrov
THorburn Copp Halischuk/Armia/Peluso

Don't tease me like that!

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
just a quick LOL on the Thorburn soccer kick. think i can kick a puck better than that. it was pretty funny to see.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Can't even enjoy Hellebuyck's play thanks to Chevy's mess. So tired of watching teams stuck in No Man's Land. It is the worst case scenario. Been there, seen it with the Toronto Raptors (who haven't won a playoff round in nearly 15 years).

Unfortunately, that's where I am with this team right now as well. As great as it is to see Hellebuyck & the team winning, it just makes the situation with Ladd & Buff that much more tenuous.

If we get anywhere near that playoff bubble, there will be no option other than to resign then for whatever it is they want or to lose them for nothing. So get off the pot & do something already Chevy -- and please don't consider signing Ladd for 6 X 6+ as doing something great!

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Unfortunately, that's where I am with this team right now as well. As great as it is to see Hellebuyck & the team winning, it just makes the situation with Ladd & Buff that much more tenuous.

If we get anywhere near that playoff bubble, there will be no option other than to resign then for whatever it is they want or to lose them for nothing. So get off the pot & do something already Chevy -- and please don't consider signing Ladd for 6 X 6+ as doing something great!

Sign them both, even if it's an overpayment. They KEY here IMO is if no trade clauses will be included partial or in full. I know it's not TNSE's way of doing business but if they sign and can be traded in a year or two at full value than so be it as that's when Scheif and Trouba will end their bridge deals.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Buff was fist bumping for the most part - may have just been a missed bump?

buffsnub.gif

If you look at Buff's face, I'd say that was a deliberate. Probably just a short-term thing they need to work out, but it didn't look unintentional to me.

CaptainKirk316

Feb 8, 2014
Winnipeg
just a quick LOL on the Thorburn soccer kick. think i can kick a puck better than that. it was pretty funny to see.

I personally think it shouldnt have been a penalty because, had he played it with his stick and made that hit less than a quarter second after playing the puck that is Not interference, just reverse hitting.

its my belief that if he was eligible to be hit (he was) then he should be eligible to hit said potential hitter

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If you look at Buff's face, I'd say that was a deliberate. Probably just a short-term thing they need to work out, but it didn't look unintentional to me.

Yea they aren't kidding around. Team dynamics are funny. Two guys that are usually the popular type so I am sure it will work itself out.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
It may end up that way again. But I think Maurice might give PSE a shot again, especially in the first couple games back for #55. He said in a recent presser that this lineup was similar to what they tried at the beginning if the season. It all depends if Lowry can show he belongs on that line.

No way I see Maurice ever demoting Ladd to the third line this quickly (he's still giving him 20 mins a night FFS). Also no way he demotes Stafford to the 3rd line. So, doubt we see PSE for a while.

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
Who cares is buff and Thornburn didn't hand shake. Geezus, these guys spend so much time together day in and day out. People at my work piss me off all the time and for a few days I can't even stand to see their faces, it goes away.
I say quit making a deal out of nothing.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Buff bumped fists with Ladd as he was turned talking to someone else, same with Stu , looked to me like Thorbs arm extends to bump fists with him but it's obscured by Helle. Much ado about nothing imo.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
No way I see Maurice ever demoting Ladd to the third line this quickly (he's still giving him 20 mins a night FFS). Also no way he demotes Stafford to the 3rd line. So, doubt we see PSE for a while.

He's in that line right now. He's already been demoted. BTW I think 5 on 5 TOI might be pretty even with those three lines depending on matchups

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
[B said:
TheGovernment[/B];111386489]Who cares is buff and Thornburn didn't hand shake. Geezus, these guys spend so much time together day in and day out. People at my work piss me off all the time and for a few days I can't even stand to see their faces, it goes away.
I say quit making a deal out of nothing.

This post with your poster name is just awesome and had me laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad