Twenty games until the trade deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
I believe the Leafs have 10 games left in January and 10 more in February. These are the last 20 games before the trade deadline. My question is: what changes do you want to see in this team during this stretch? For example in the first 5 games I simply want to see effort from every player on the team on every shift. This would be a start. I'd also like to see accountability during this stretch, i.e. ice time apportioned relative to effort and performance as to expectations of the coaching staff. Someone...some time has to start eradicating the dreaded Blue/White disease.Over the next 5 games I'd like to see some lines starting to click and an acceptance of, and adherence to, a new system (assuming there is one). Between games 11 and 15 I would think some moves would be attempted (not easy in a salary cap world I know) based on what was already known about certain players combined with this 10 game "trial" just completed. If nothing fits trade-wise during this 5 game stretch and then during the next 5 leading up to the trade deadline, then the changes will obviously happen at the draft and free agent deadline. I'm just curious what people are expecting,hoping to see, over this next 20 game stretch or, in fact, that 20 games is too small a window and you couldn't care less.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Lupul for 2nd
Bozak for 2nd
Franson for 1st
Winnik/Santorelli for picks (1st for Santorelli, 2nd/3rd for Winnik)

sell, sell, sell!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
At this point I'm just hoping to not get stuck with any tickets.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
I do think Shanahan pulled the trigger on Carlyle to put the spotlight on the players and he did it now to give him some time to evaluate them. 20 games will be enough and if the Team falters I expect heads to roll

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I believe the Leafs have 10 games left in January and 10 more in February. These are the last 20 games before the trade deadline. My question is: what changes do you want to see in this team during this stretch? For example in the first 5 games I simply want to see effort from every player on the team on every shift. This would be a start. I'd also like to see accountability during this stretch, i.e. ice time apportioned relative to effort and performance as to expectations of the coaching staff. Someone...some time has to start eradicating the dreaded Blue/White disease.Over the next 5 games I'd like to see some lines starting to click and an acceptance of, and adherence to, a new system (assuming there is one). Between games 11 and 15 I would think some moves would be attempted (not easy in a salary cap world I know) based on what was already known about certain players combined with this 10 game "trial" just completed. If nothing fits trade-wise during this 5 game stretch and then during the next 5 leading up to the trade deadline, then the changes will obviously happen at the draft and free agent deadline. I'm just curious what people are expecting,hoping to see, over this next 20 game stretch or, in fact, that 20 games is too small a window and you couldn't care less.

To be honest, nothing I see from now til the deadline will change my view and opinion on what this team needs. We need to have a complete re-build and I hope Shanahan can get some decent assets back for guys like Kessel/Dion/Lupul/Franson/Winnik/Santorelli/Reimer etc. I don't really want to see this team go on some kind of winning streak and make us all believe this is the right group because it's not. This team lost 6-2 in a game where they should've been motivated to prove to the new coaching staff things will be different, but they didn't. There is nothing that tells me things are going to change with this group from now til the deadline and Shanahan probably has already started evaluating players.

We need to sell off these guys for picks and prospects, enough of this 7th/8th place finish crap. This group is not winning anything.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Nonis will be fired during summertime, as we all saw last night he was sitting in the different box than shanahan etc. That there is a clear indicator this man will be fired as soon as possible.

Nonis will do his destructions though before that. He'll trade for some for certainly. We might be getting some huge player in return, but we'll be losing some guys also. Phaneuf, Gardiner and even Kessel might be moving if nonis wants to destruct really magnifocully. Nonis wants to leave a mark, so be afraid. We might win some too, so it's kind of fun.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
If Perron just got a late 1st, I don't see why Lupul couldn't.

As long as the team had the cap space to do it.

Perron comes at a cheaper cap hit and lower term. He only has a year after this one left on his deal. I believe Lupul has 3.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I do think Shanahan pulled the trigger on Carlyle to put the spotlight on the players and he did it now to give him some time to evaluate them. 20 games will be enough and if the Team falters I expect heads to roll

Yeah, hopefully this. I'm thinking Shanahan is working through all the variables to diagnose the problem here. He's gone through last year's support players and assistant coaches and the head coach. Now it's down to the core.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I dont think its a coincidence Carlyle was fired 20 games before the deadline. Looks like the leafs are preparing to sell.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
imo id almost be happy to keep lupul if we didn't get a 1st for him, he does compete and is a good leader for this team when healthy....

biggest problem is he is never healthy

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I am just hoping that someone is drunk enough to take Clarkson.
I get all the amazing out side the rink stuff he does - i get this is his dream -but he sucks. he really, really suck

everyone else can be dealt on Draft day

leafstilldeath*

My wish list of people I want to see traded:

Lupul
Bozak
Clarkson
Dion (he is no captain, needs to get out of here)
Booth

50/50 on
Santo
Gardiner (willing to give him one more year then thats it)
Kessel (willing to give him one more year to see him play with a capable center)

get whatever we can and start afresh. the core has gotten stale and it smells like crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad