OT: TV thread

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Watched Cold Skin on Prime.

very strange but ok.
Imagine putting The Lighthouse and The Shape of Water in a blender.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Babajingo

1709835343997.png

Watched the first two episodes last night. So far, really good.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Watched Cold Skin on Prime.

very strange but ok.
Imagine putting The Lighthouse and The Shape of Water in a blender.

Okay I'm in.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Tried watching Ted Lasso. Season 1 was good but lost interest in season 2
Season 1 was like Major League, but with soccer.

I hated seasons 2 and 3.
Agreed completely

Season 1 was fun and had a lot of promise. Season 2 the writing was starting to get cheap, then partway through season 3 I just gave up. Completely ran out of ideas and started pandering.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not sure if anyone else watched bit season 5 of Fargo was tremendous. Juno Temple did an incredible job as Dot. Very well done season.

Reactions: RoccoF14

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
His American accent is so good. I recall a lot of people didn't even realize he was British since they hadn't seen him in other roles.

The English are clearly the best with accents. (Americans, not so much). I absolutely loved Blackadder and Jeeves & Wooster.

Remember when Benedick Cumberbatch became a big deal with the film The Imitation Game? I knew "Cummerbund" was a Brit, but never saw the movie and didn't know what he looked like. I thought his name was a bit ridiculous.

Fast forward to Doctor Strange. I was greatly surprised to learn who the star was. His American accent was flawless. That's when I became a fan, not least because of BC's impish turn as the good doctor.

Reactions: caz16

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
The English are clearly the best with accents. (Americans, not so much). I absolutely loved Blackadder and Jeeves & Wooster.

Remember when Benedick Cumberbatch became a big deal with the film The Imitation Game? I knew "Cummerbund" was a Brit, but never saw the movie and didn't know what he looked like. I thought his name was a bit ridiculous.

Fast forward to Doctor Strange. I was greatly surprised to learn who the star was. His American accent was flawless. That's when I became a fan, not least because of BC's impish turn as the good doctor.
Speaking of English actors with good American accents.......Can anyone remember a role Christian Bale has had where he actually used his native English accent? Seems like every role he's played, he's had an American accent. I can't for the life of me remember him in a role with an English one...

Speaking of English actors with good American accents.......Can anyone remember a role Christian Bale has had where he actually used his native English accent? Seems like every role he's played, he's had an American accent. I can't for the life of me remember him in a role with an English one...
Found one! Ford vs Ferrari.

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

He's Australian, isn't he? I never saw Empire of the Sun, late 80s, directed by Spielberg.

My first exposure to Bale was American Psycho, and then The Velvet Goldmine.

The Dark Knight
trilogy remains the favorite. Although the first one was overlong (as Christopher Nolan's films tend to be; still leery of Oppenheimer with its three hour running time) and boring. Its successors were also overlong, with rather too much gratuitous violence, car chases, etc., but they're great.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

He's actually Welsh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad