OT: TV thread

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
A couple of recent Netflix shows I can recommend (both are pretty violent):
  • The Brothers Sun (with Michelle Yeoh) - funny at times, with entertaining fight scenes.
  • Blue Eye Samurai (an English language anime) - high-quality animation and a surprisingly deep, layered story.
I really enjoyed both.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
A couple of recent Netflix shows I can recommend (both are pretty violent):
  • The Brothers Sun (with Michelle Yeoh) - funny at times, with entertaining fight scenes.
  • Blue Eye Samurai (an English language anime) - high-quality animation and a surprisingly deep, layered story.
I really enjoyed both.
Have you watched Warrior on max?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Joyce Randolph, who played Trixie Norton, the wife of a guffawing, rubber-limbed sewer worker forever mired in a blowhard neighbor’s get-rich-quick schemes and other hazards of life on the classic 1950s sitcom “The Honeymooners,” died on Saturday at her home in Manhattan. She was 99.

Her son, Randy Charles, confirmed her death.

Ms. Randolph was the last survivor of a cast of four that dominated the Saturday night viewing habits of millions in the golden age of live television, and for decades afterward on rerun broadcasts and home video. Jackie Gleason (Ralph Kramden) died in 1987; Audrey Meadows (Ralph’s wife, Alice) in 1996; and Art Carney (Trixie’s husband, Ed Norton) in 2003.

Gleason was a genius and when he was wrong he owned it

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Season 1 of True Detective is the most fun I've ever had watching a TV show. The fan theories, based on incredible evidence, were f***ing amazing. The whole conversation around the show ruled.
Yep.

First show I remember immediately heading to Reddit after each episode to read the theories and speculation.

That and The Leftovers.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I kind of got roped into watching Young Sheldon when it hit Netflix. I had strong prejudices against it because I really didn't like Big Bang Theory, but if I knew that Annie Potts and Wallace Shawn were in it and would be carrying so much of the weight I would've watched it years ago. In the end it's far from the worst show I've seen.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
It's a daytime soap opera in space.
Soap operas are the key for many an actor moving onto the movies and TV space. Most famous and talented actors have been on soap operas. It's 50-100 page dialog a day, sometimes only 1 take. Hardest job in the acting industry.

I love my soap operas.

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I watched the Luke and Laura saga on General Hospital, but only because it was what every girl in school was obsessed with, so I figured it would give me an edge. Plus I had 4 sisters and we had one TV.

I scheduled my college classes so I'd be done by 3PM when it aired & I was not the only one

Reactions: Mione134 and jgatie

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I scheduled my college classes so I'd be done by 3PM when it aired & I was not the only one
I used to have my mom tape my stories on VHS while in school.

I still watch what's left on tv and Peacock.

General Hospital.
Young and the Restless.
Bold and the Beautiful.

And Days of our Lives

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad