OT: TV & Movie Suggestions

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I thought they did a great job of the 1st season.

(edit)

sorry when I say first season I mean only season. From what I am to understand this was a one and done story or at least that was the original plan. There are all sorts of rumours about what to do with it since it has bee received so well.

One of the things that surprised me the most was how good Faith Hill and Tim McGraw were in their roles. Great acting. Isabel May as Elsa Dutton was one of the most well written and acted roles I have seen in a long time.
Man I loved that show. Sheridan is such an intelligent writer.

Reactions: sipowicz and ps241

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Watched all the episodes when it was on Netflix. Very good series and technically well done.

The first 5 seasons are on Gem if anyone wants to watch for free.

Watched a series that was made by the group that made Line of Duty...

it's called Vigil. The mysterious disappearance of a Scottish fishing trawler and a death onboard a Trident nuclear submarine bring the police into conflict with the Navy and British security services.
I must have watched 20 British/Irish etc tv shows in the past couple of years. They are all fantastic. I have to watch most of them with sub title though!

Kin was my most recent. Very good Irish crime family stuff.

Reactions: macmaroon

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
From the closed TV thread - I copied it over

Better Call Saul (Final season)
First 7 episodes begin April 18
Final 6 episodes begin July 11

per Variety
13 episodes? :thumbu: Now that's a proper final season. Getting real tired of seeing my favourite shows getting shortened final seasons.

Reactions: sipowicz

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Just finished watching The Dropout.

Amazing how Elizabeth Holmes managed to lie her way to a 9 Billion dollar company.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Further to getting My nerd on...

I have been a fan of Gold Rush from the Discovery Channel for years...

Having read The Klondike by Pierre Berton gave Me the Gold bug originally...

For many years I wondered where all that Placer gold came from... there had to be a source...

Astounding as it may sound... no one had thought of it the way I did and actually thought of tracking soil, not rock... using todays technology and equipment, here is today's Goldrush 2.0 ....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad