OT: TV & Movie Suggestions

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
I thought they did a great job of the 1st season.

(edit)

sorry when I say first season I mean only season. From what I am to understand this was a one and done story or at least that was the original plan. There are all sorts of rumours about what to do with it since it has bee received so well.

One of the things that surprised me the most was how good Faith Hill and Tim McGraw were in their roles. Great acting. Isabel May as Elsa Dutton was one of the most well written and acted roles I have seen in a long time.

The next season will be called 1932! Also might be a movie to fill in the blanks between 1883 and 1932. Read this on a entertainment page.

Reactions: Lions67 and ps241

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Binge watched Reacher on Amazon Prime...

Last 3 days...

Awesome sauce...

Solid stuff... the last episode was a little on the edge of out there... hanging on the ludacris...

But great stuff...

When is Season 2 going to be available... ?

:popcorn:
I wish there were 20 seasons of Jack Reacher. I could see myself just binging them one after the other after work. It's such an easy show to watch.

Reactions: John Agar

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just watched the first episode of the new show “The Tourist”

Love that its filmed in the outback, 6 Episodes only so an easy binge. I enjoyed the first episode.

Last edited:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Currently binge watching Line of Duty. Excellent series. Plenty of twists and turns and surprises but still more predictable than the Jets.:laugh:
It is on Amazon Prime.

Watched all the episodes when it was on Netflix. Very good series and technically well done.

The first 5 seasons are on Gem if anyone wants to watch for free.

Watched a series that was made by the group that made Line of Duty...

it's called Vigil. The mysterious disappearance of a Scottish fishing trawler and a death onboard a Trident nuclear submarine bring the police into conflict with the Navy and British security services.

Last edited:
Reactions: macmaroon

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Watching the 1st and only Season of Taboo with Tom Hardy. So far so good.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I started watching Arcane with my lady friend. It's not exactly a feel-good story, but if you like the Steampunk setting I highly recommend it.
The only good parts are the parts that don't include Boba fett
I've heard there are parts that continue the story of the Mandalorian, which annoys me, because that means I have to watch a show that bad reviews have made me unwilling to watch, to follow along in a completely separate show.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
The next season will be called 1932! Also might be a movie to fill in the blanks between 1883 and 1932. Read this on a entertainment page.
Thought I heard a second season of 1883 was in the works along with 1932 and a entirely different cast all playing off the popularity of Yellerstone!

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill were actually pretty good in 1883!

Reactions: macmaroon

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Other than the usual new goofy inclusions you see these days...

1883 was awesome... enjoyed it thoroughly...
Yeah, noticed the inclusions of course none of which was actually historically accurate for the time period. But we are in the period of woke!

Reactions: John Agar

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Babylon Berlin should be out shortly as well you would think.
Also waiting on final season of Derry Girls.
Good thing the Jets are going to miss the playoffs. I have a lot of tv to watch!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad