OT: TV & Movie Suggestions

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I hate cbc and was not a big whose line is it anyway guy but cried laughing every episode of "Last one laughing" on Amazon prime. The jokes aren't muzzled at all by wokeness which is great.
I thought it started slow, but really picked up in episode 3, and especially episode 4. Tom Green is great.

Also - the Australian version is good too. And much more crazy.

Bongo420

Jul 5, 2019
Political incorrectness and hair metal? What's not to love. :nod:

I'm trying not to bring politics into this thread. :P

Love the music as well. As an elderly(51) nerd, I'm having too much fun/enjoyment with seeing Luke Skywalker again and various other scifi and fantasy stuff being produced.

Sure beats Space: 1999 as a kid. ;)

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I enjoyed Peacemaker. One of the better superhero tv series. Try getting the theme song out of your head:

Wig Wam is the band's name.

do, do, do, dooooooooooooooooooooooo
do, do, do. dooooooooooooooooooooooo

Reactions: Bongo420

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
And now for something completely different. RT News on YouTube has been ramping up the propaganda over the past few days. Be mindful that RT is the mouthpiece for Putin and should be taken with massive doses of salt. It's fascinating entertainment, you've got stories of Ukrainian tyranny across Europe and disgruntled pro Russian Americans. It's a great study in how partisan news operates and everyone should see it, in my opinion.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Just finished The Undoing yesterday. Pretty not too bad.
6 episodes with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant starring with Donald Sutherland also having a part. It kept me guessing right up until the end.
Gangs of London was really good as well.

Reactions: cbcwpg

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
How do I watch it?

You could use a VPN to get a free trial with Paramount+. Honestly, more bother than I'm willing to go to. It will eventually show up on a streaming service in Canada. I'm very patient when it comes to movies and TV series. Netflix and Amazon Prime have so many things I want to watch, I'm falling behind not catching up.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That’s all that needs saying.

I thought they did a great job of the 1st season.

(edit)

sorry when I say first season I mean only season. From what I am to understand this was a one and done story or at least that was the original plan. There are all sorts of rumours about what to do with it since it has bee received so well.

One of the things that surprised me the most was how good Faith Hill and Tim McGraw were in their roles. Great acting. Isabel May as Elsa Dutton was one of the most well written and acted roles I have seen in a long time.

Last edited:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Has anyone been watching Boba Fett? I had wanted to watch it, but have been steered clear by the bad reviews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad