OT: TV & Movie Suggestions

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I thought it was very good.
I am almost finished watching the series called Mr. Inbetween. It is also pretty not too bad.
Scott Ryan's writing and acting are brilliant, and I'll just say that I thought the final episode's ending was absolutely f***ing perfect. :nod:

I'm really enjoying Servant on Apple TV, the absolute must-have streaming service IMO. So many great shows. I especially get a kick out of the pretentious chef character, and his oft bizarre culinary creations. This article gives you a "taste" of them.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
The movies were a little cerebral. The series isn’t?
God, it's been so many years since I watched the movies I don't really remember them. If by cerebral you mean a complex storyline that really requires your undivided attention to follow along, then no, I wouldn't call the series cerebral.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Watching “Special Ops: Lioness”

I am 7 episodes in and I am enjoying it. It’s Sheridan’s newest series. He casts allot of the same actors across movie’s and shows but for some reason its pretty easy for me buy in no matter how he casts them.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Watching “Special Ops: Lioness”

I am 7 episodes in and I am enjoying it. It’s Sheridan’s newest series. He casts allot of the same actors across movie’s and shows but for some reason its pretty easy for me buy in no matter how he casts them.
I like how they treated the rapist outside of that bar...

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
In honor of William Friedkin recently passing away, I have been watching a bunch of his movies. Here’s a few I recommend:

- To Live and Die in L.A. (1985)
- Sorcerer (1977)
- Killer Joe (2011)

I also recommend the documentary on him called “Uncut Friedkin” (2018).

What a gem William Friedkin was. #RIP

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Anyone have an opinion on the Jack Ryan show on Amazon?
I watched all four seasons. While no masterpieces, I thought they were overall quite well done and enjoyable. Definitely worth watching IMO.

I’ve only read a few of Tom Clancy’s books and none of them were Jack Ryan novels so I don’t know how die hard fans of the character find the series. But I enjoyed it.

While thinking of Amazon series I’d say the Expanse and Man in the High Castle were superior. I also liked Terminal List which was about equal quality to Jack Ryan.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
Halloween is around the corner. Doesn't change anything for me. I watch horror movies all year.

I recently bumped into the Night of the Demons franchise again. Cheesy, sexy and way over the top. I dig it.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Loved Friends and Matthew Perry passing away at such a young age, 54 , is very sad . I read his book and he had alot of addiction problems and mental issues. Very sad but he was a very funny man so i will put a very funny scene in Friends up .

Good clip. Just shows that life is life and even when people “seemingly‘ live a life that is all net for 35 years that is just the public facing piece. Addiction and mental health don’t play favorites. I rarely visit X/Twitter but for some reason last night I saw a picture on X of Matthew with just the simple haunting 1969-2023 and I was pretty sad.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Loved Friends and Matthew Perry passing away at such a young age, 54 , is very sad . I read his book and he had alot of addiction problems and mental issues. Very sad but he was a very funny man so i will put a very funny scene in Friends up .

Very sad news.

Reactions: Jets 31

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Not TV... not a Movie...

But real life drama...

For those that like to learn from history and understand how it could relate towards today...

The World at War documentary series from the Internet Archive...

All free... remastered... and iconic...

Look to the scrolling list just below the Video window and click on the MPEG4 links...

Has the 26 original episodes and the 11 added later to make 37...

Last edited:
Reactions: buggs

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Just finished streaming Justified:City Primeval. We enjoyed it though I found Raylon to be a bit reserved throughout up until the end.

The appearance of a certain individual at the end of the last episode and what transpired afterwards has me asking if there is another miniseries in the works. Anyone heard any scuttlebutt?

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Just finished streaming Justified:City Primeval. We enjoyed it though I found Raylon to be a bit reserved throughout up until the end.

The appearance of a certain individual at the end of the last episode and what transpired afterwards has me asking if there is another miniseries in the works. Anyone heard any scuttlebutt?
Sounds like the principals are interested, and FX is just too damn smart a network to not bring it back.

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
In honor of William Friedkin recently passing away, I have been watching a bunch of his movies. Here’s a few I recommend:

- To Live and Die in L.A. (1985)
- Sorcerer (1977)
- Killer Joe (2011)

I also recommend the documentary on him called “Uncut Friedkin” (2018).

What a gem William Friedkin was. #RIP
Interesting! I've been watching a bunch of Friedkin's interviews over the past couple of months. I was curious if he and Michael Biehn locked horns on set. I was also fascinated that he spoke so highly about 'Crimes & Misdemeanors'; one of my favorites.

I finally got around to watching 'The Sorcerer" just last weekend. Going in, I heard too much hype about it, but it didn't kill it for me, it was still great.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Watched what probably was the worst movie I've seen in a decade (that's 10 years for some of you) called Leave the World Behind, what a POS movie, should be called Leave this movie behind, then I see Obama's were involved in it which speaks volumes!

0/10 is being generous!

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Watched what probably was the worst movie I've seen in a decade (that's 10 years for some of you) called Leave the World Behind, what a POS movie, should be called Leave this movie behind, then I see Obama's were involved in it which speaks volumes!

0/10 is being generous!
Thanks for the heads up @sipowicz, that's what I was going to watch tonight, so I'll find something else...:thumbu:

Reactions: sipowicz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad