Player Discussion Tuukka Rask VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Over the last 12 or so years the Bruins have had a goalie with one of the best 5 year stretches of any goalie to ever play and a goalie who is statistically one of the best to ever play.

Bruins fans and media tried to run them both out of town. Fans then wonder why no big name free agents have signed since the team was rubbish.

I’ll steal a Sutter quote from the other night: “it’s like you people don’t want us to win. It’s unbelievable”

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
rask, high glove & screen shots that what he has the most difficult stopping. Most goalies do have trouble with screen
shots however. Rask is a real confident goalie and understands the game. He will outplay the washington goalie in this series,
just hope the defense and forwards in front of him outplays the washington defense and forwards.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I missed most of the game. my allergies effin killed me.

only saw highlights pretty much.
overtime goal was weak. first goal is an easy save for Swayman. Rask was pretty much inside the goal by the post when wilson shot that.
I'm not sure what to tell you other than if you want to blame a goalie for playing deep in the net on a 3 on 1 then you may not understand how the position is played.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Honestly can we just ban the Rask haters already? Its crazy the goals y'all nitpick. He's had like 5 tips go past him so far. Caps have had incredible puck luck and have also made their own luck getting simply shots to the net to be tipped.

.923 tonight, that's where you want him to be.

I thought Rask looked very calm and made big saves when he had to. I expect a great game from him game 3 at home.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Wonder what his key saves per 60 were, saw lots of fans in the GDT saying they wish he'd make one. Zero key saves out of 39 shots must be a record.
*scans list of insane Tuukka rebuttals*

I would have liked him to get to that celebration pile a half second earlier than he did. Proves he didn’t really want to win that game.

member 96824

Wonder what his key saves per 60 were, saw lots of fans in the GDT saying they wish he'd make one. Zero key saves out of 39 shots must be a record.

When he gave up the goal on the 14th odd man rush of the night, that's when I knew that it was time for Tuukka Rask to go.

Then I logged into twitter and saw some guy with a Sweeney avatar just shouting his opinions at the world agreed with me so I knew I was extra right. Tukka just not a big game player. Bring back Timmy Thomas, shoulda never traded him.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
The Bruins outshot the Caps 48-39. They had to score in the last 3 minutes just to tie.

That doesn't add up to Tuukka stealing the game.
Depends what you consider stealing - Bruins should have been down multiple goals in the first 10 minutes, but ended up with a lead instead. Pretty massive, maybe doesn't fit the definition of stealing the game, but he certainly put them on his back early on.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Depends what you consider stealing - Bruins should have been down multiple goals in the first 10 minutes, but ended up with a lead instead. Pretty massive, maybe doesn't fit the definition of stealing the game, but he certainly put them on his back early on.

That's all I'm saying.

Rask absolutely played well, was a big part of the win.

Reactions: NDiesel

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Made some quality stops. I didn't care for the 2nd goal. Good enough to help the team earn the win.

Imagine that, a goalie part of the solution

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Much better game by Rask, he has to be a leader like he was. First game he was not, nor were many. Last night that is the Rask we need to get past this team. Keep it up.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
if washington would pulled out an overtime win fans would be screaming for swayman to start game 3. Thank god we
do not have to deal with that. Rask played well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad