Tuukka Rask appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca

Nov 22, 2006
Rask is not winning goalie! Look what real goalie did to Crosby & co!

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Anybody that wants to blame any of those game 7 goals on Rask tonight can get ****ed.

Bruins D hung him out to dry and if you think Price makes any of those saves then you've been brainwashed by the Canadian media.

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
I want Rask gone and I want a #2-3 shutdown defenseman with a decent pick/prospect in return. Not a popular opinion, but it's mine and I have been standing by it since 2010.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Can't blame Tuukka on this one. Montreal got like 2 quality chances all game and they buried them both.

Thanks, defense.

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
Anybody that wants to blame any of those game 7 goals on Rask tonight can get ****ed.

Bruins D hung him out to dry and if you think Price makes any of those saves then you've been brainwashed by the Canadian media.
That first goal was ENTIRELY Rask's fault.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

Flyers, Chicago, Hab's...
He's become a master to **** the bed wen it matter's most.

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
Wut?

How about Bart losing his man IN THE CREASE

No goalie in the world could make up for Bart's incompetence on that play

I disagree. Rask should have covered up. There's no way you come into this game and decide Montreal's fore-checking game doesn't matter. Bart and his defensive partner were hung out to dry on this play by a jittery Tuukka Rask.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I disagree. Rask should have covered up. There's no way you come into this game and decide Montreal's fore-checking game doesn't matter. Bart and his defensive partner were hung out to dry on this play by a jittery Tuukka Rask.

You honestly know nothing about

A) defense
B) goaltending
C) How many spaces are required after the end of a sentence

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada

I can't even read this drivel. Their goal was a top-of-the-crease tap-in that should result in a goal 100% of the time.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Never been a big fan of Rask. Yes he was good in the regular season. He is a good goalie in general. But in these kind of nervewrecking games, he messes up alot. The first goal mistake started with him batting the puck to a hab player. A couple of shaky moments handling the puck. It's been the same story before like others said

PC made a mistake signing him to such a long deal imo

Last edited:

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
You honestly know nothing about

A) defense
B) goaltending
C) How many spaces are required after the end of a sentence

Explain. And I'm doing all of this from a smartphone, so the spaces at the end of a sentence thing is a little harder for me to catch. Try not to take this as a personal attack. We're talking about Rask here, not OUR grammar.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I can't even read this drivel. Their goal was a top-of-the-crease tap-in that should result in a goal 100% of the time.

It was a terrible chance to give up no doubt, but I'm still wondering what Rask was doing on it...he sat there frozen and just watched them thread a perfect pass backdoor. He barely even moved on the play. Can't totally excuse him there.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Meh.

Bruins defense sucked. He surely wasn't spectacular, or even good, but I'm not putting much blame on him. Very disappointing series but he's at the bottom of my worry list.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Explain. And I'm doing all of this from a smartphone, so the spaces at the end of a sentence thing is a little harder for me to catch. Try not to take this as a personal attack. We're talking about Rask here, not OUR grammar.

Its the same reason Bryz got scored on in OT last night. Cooke lost his man, left Kane alone. You don't do that

You are insanely off here. No goalie in the world makes that save. It is 100% on Bart

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Its the same reason Bryz got scored on in OT last night. Cooke lost his man, left Kane alone. You don't do that

You are insanely off here. No goalie in the world makes that save. It is 100% on Bart

The pass was right across the top of the crease. The save was impossible, but Rask could have tried to get a stick on the pass at least. He didn't even move.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
The pass was right across the top of the crease. The save was impossible, but Rask could have tried to get a stick on the pass at least. He didn't even move.

Try to get a stick on it like he did last game, then got scored on?

I think thats the only legitimate criticism I can give him, you're right, but it shouldn't really come down to that

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Rask had no chance on any goal tonight, made some huge saves in the second to give the Bruins a chance. If the Habs hit half as many posts as the Bruins instead of scoring he is the God and Price is average.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Try to get a stick on it like he did last game, then got scored on?

I think thats the only legitimate criticism I can give him, you're right, but it shouldn't really come down to that

yeah I'm absolutely not trying to excuse the D here, but Rask looked asleep on that goal and it set the tone for the rest of the game IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad