Tuukka Rask appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Rask played very well tonight. But I really don't like how deep he is on PPs. He basically gives up the **** from the point to percentage and chance. Most of the time it misses him. If it's on the net it's in.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
I hate to use it again, but...

I was told specifically that Tuukka cannot beat Montreal in Boston. I have been misled and I call shenanigans.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Honestly, I'm really happy that Tuukka seems to finally be "conquering" his Habs demons. Obviously many more games against the Habs to be played, but this is definitely a great start.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
This is the Tuukka we needed to have a chance to win this series, glad he got it together.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Rask's 5-on-5 stats must be unreal.

Actually in 6 games Tuukka has given up 6.. 5 on 5 goals .... he is number one in the playoffs in GAA, Save PCTG, Wins and Tied for first in shutouts.. his career Save Percentage is .932 and 2.05 GAA among the best ever ... Price is not in the picture in any category so it is really baffling on what basis Hab fans can say that Price is a better goalie than Tuukka?

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Rask played very well tonight. But I really don't like how deep he is on PPs. He basically gives up the **** from the point to percentage and chance. Most of the time it misses him. If it's on the net it's in.

Can't play at the top of the crease with guys like Gallagher trolling the area, refs not calling that,
he is forced to stay deep so he can see around the bodies, Price and Quick even Crawford also play deep..

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
And can I just say watching Rask out there throwing punches and hacking at guys in the crease just like Timmy taught him has been a proud moment as a fan :laugh:

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
Well before game 4, HF told me Price was better than Rask and Rask couldn't beat Montreal.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
And can I just say watching Rask out there throwing punches and hacking at guys in the crease just like Timmy taught him has been a proud moment as a fan :laugh:

Definitely. It was awesome to see Tuukka defend himself last night.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Definitely. It was awesome to see Tuukka defend himself last night.

I wish he would have done it more though. There were some games during the regular season where it seemed like he was a target, and he never really stood up for himself when he would get mowed over like a bowling pin.

Either that, or his daughter is colicky/cranky and in return it's making him the same way :laugh:

Jdrewc

May 26, 2013
Florida
Rask has made us all very proud over the last couple games. Back to his former greatness and ready to finish off those pesky fools up north. Let take on game 6 and show him why your a Venza trophy finalist.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
We all know Tuukka's overall record against the Habs but he plays much better in Montreal than at home for some reason., probably because the B's are much more focused defensively, their stye works better on the road. Anyway He has given up 9 goals in the last 6 games in Montreal including the 2 this year. That is a GAA of 1.50 with a high Save Percentage. The last six home games 21 goals which is 3.50 .. is he really more than twice as bad at home.. obviously not. It is a combination of more penalties and the B's play more open at home which leads to turnovers. They are a very opportunistic team , they don't cycle for possession but score on quick strikes, long passes and the like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad