Tuukka Rask appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Series and playoffs are far from over but holy crap was Rask good tonight. Really hard to say he can't take the pressure when he goes into an electric building like that and is just absolutely rock solid.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
He is in a tough spot. Last starter the Bruins had won a cup.

I think Rask has had a really good season son far.

2 U's 2 K's and a FU to all that want to see him fail.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
After the surge of shots he faced tonight, he stole the game for us. Period. He's been great for us throughout the year, and he's continuing it in the playoffs. The D needs to play better. That starts with Chara and Seidenberg. The latter seems to always be on his butt when a goal is let in.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Rask won that game for them.48 shots is not good Defence.

Yeah, that's a too-high set of shots. Bruins need to tighten that up, and a lot of that goes back to them playing and punishing the body.

I'd like to not see or read about where he chirps on his teammates on bad goals or near misses.

bobbyz04

Nov 21, 2007
I do not apreciate the way he shows up his team mates when a goal goes in. When Thomas had a team mate screw up he toned down his frustration. Rask is the oposite. He is obviously a good goalie but that frustration has lead to the flood gates opening in the past. A goal goes in, flick the puck out of the net and get on with it. Dont be such a drama queen.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
not to overstate things but his performance tonight felt on the level of some of those Thomas performances in 2011. Who knows if he can keep it up and put up a few more like that but this one was special. That save on Lupul on the 2-on-1 was unbelievable.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
This is a classic example where shots on goal don't tell the whole story. He made some beauty saves, but the defensive play by the Bruins kept most of those shots easy. I don't know how many times I saw 3 or more Bruins right around Rask's crease.

They were more worried about quality shots and don't think Rask had many against him.

Big plus for Rask not to let in any stinkers. Bruins relied on him to perform and he did well.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
He is awesome

The only reason a couple goals have gone in (Kessel's today and the 1st JVR one) was cause he had to scramble so far out of his net to make the save

Sometimes I wish he'd stay put a little more, but as Thomas said, I think he knows more about being a professional goalie than I do haha

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
not to overstate things but his performance tonight felt on the level of some of those Thomas performances in 2011. Who knows if he can keep it up and put up a few more like that but this one was special. That save on Lupul on the 2-on-1 was unbelievable.

Yeah, that was HUGE. He stopped a nice Kessel snipe w/ bodies in front of the net, didn't give up a rebound. That was sweet, too. Crucial save.

I admit he still makes me nervous as hell sometimes. When he's down, or lets himself get out of position. But, he's giving them a chance to win. They have to return the favor. They can't score 1 goal next game and expect to win.

TuukkaTheSphynx

Apr 2, 2013
Sweden
This is a classic example where shots on goal don't tell the whole story. He made some beauty saves, but the defensive play by the Bruins kept most of those shots easy. I don't know how many times I saw 3 or more Bruins right around Rask's crease.

They were more worried about quality shots and don't think Rask had many against him.

Big plus for Rask not to let in any stinkers. Bruins relied on him to perform and he did well.
Indeed. Rask made some really great saves but the 48 shots against total does not show the game as a whole.
Leafs got a lot of shots at the goal but the B's defense did a good job of preventing the shots coming out of good positions.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I do not apreciate the way he shows up his team mates when a goal goes in. When Thomas had a team mate screw up he toned down his frustration. Rask is the oposite. He is obviously a good goalie but that frustration has lead to the flood gates opening in the past. A goal goes in, flick the puck out of the net and get on with it. Dont be such a drama queen.

Please. Unless you can show video evidence of this from this season, you're just making up crap or talking about ancient history. He's grown up a lot this year and doesn't do anything of the sort any more.

He's been our best, most consistent player this entire regular season and post season, without question. Haters gonna hate.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Player has a bad game, gets called out by select few.

Player has a better game, fans say OMG WHERE ARE ALL THE IDIOTS WHO CALLED OUT [Player] LAST GAME?! LOLOLOLOL APPRECIATION THREAD TIME BOYS!

/theinternet

eskimo7737

Sep 23, 2006
He stole us this game, we obviously gave up too many shots. A game like this should boost his confidence even more... Toronto I bet is still kicking themselves for getting rid of Tuukka..

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Rask had a playoff game. He made the stops he needed to and worked his tail off to make stops he shouldn't have had to stop due to defensive break downs.

He is playing well.

Also, I think Tuukka isn't content to have his name on the cup for being good at opening the bench door. I think Tuukka wants to get his name on the cup by carrying his team there between the pipes.

Tuukka hopefully won't see 48 shots in future games-allowing that many shots too often is dangerous.

hed

Feb 28, 2008

meh, he's equally hard on himself (and equally demonstrative) when he lets in bad goals, so I don't think you can say he's "showing up his team mates".

As far as frustration leading to opening the flood gates, I don't think I've ever seen that happen either.

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
I posted it in the GDT too... Right from the get go I knew we had this game... Rask just looked super focused right from the start... Although he definitely exceeded all expectations tonight

CanadianBruinsFan

Mar 18, 2012
Halifax, NS

I'm with you here. Don't get me wrong, always glad to have him, but he does it all the time. He did it tonight on the first goal. Hands in the air, glaring at the D in front. Could be a case of him just being a snapshow and regretting it later. I've been on teams and worked with teams where the goalie was a whack and would yell at everyone all the time but they all knew it was coming and it wasn't personal. He just warned the guys beforehand that that was part of his game mentality. Hopefully that's the case with Tuukka. Great game tonight.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
It has been said before but it should be said again...

...any Bruin fan who complains about poor goaltending on a consistent basis has no idea what poor goaltending is, we are a little spoiled. We have had great/awesome/other World goaltending for about 5 years.

ObjectiveOpinion

Jan 7, 2013
"I'm with you here. Don't get me wrong, always glad to have him, but he does it all the time. He did it tonight on the first goal. Hands in the air, glaring at the D in front. Could be a case of him just being a snapshow and regretting it later. I've been on teams and worked with teams where the goalie was a whack and would yell at everyone all the time but they all knew it was coming and it wasn't personal. He just warned the guys beforehand that that was part of his game mentality. Hopefully that's the case with Tuukka. Great game tonight. "

I disagree. I would say 50% of the goals we let in aren't because a player on the other team is a wizard with the puck, it's because our players totally sh** their pants in the defensive end. Letting in a PP goal or a snipe is one thing, but those times when we can't break out of our zone for 5 minutes leading to a goal must kill him.

All that said, he's got ice in his veins. He's playing great so far.

BostonBruins92

Closer to the Sun
Jan 15, 2011
Brookline, MA
This game kind of reminded me of game two against Philly in the cup year (the "JVR game" with the Krejci? OT winner) even though the team played better tonight than they did that night. Tuukka was fantastic.

Hoary Marmot

Dec 26, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I don't generally notice goalies' play too much, but I sure the heck noticed Rask tonight. He was a wall, and the first star was more than well deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad