Turris

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Turris is fine he's still adapting and either way he'll be the perfect #2 behind Zib in a couple years.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
This is Turris's 3rd season facing top competition. The only difference is he's got more offensive responsibility and less help.

He's not a true #1 center and never will be.

Zibanejad breaking out, or atleast scoring again, could be the best thing for Turris.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Even though it seems like this whole fan base seems to hate on Spezza for some ungodly reason ( never complained, showed an attitude with the media etc).. you have to appreciate what he did for us consistently for 10 years as a #1C. He dealt with the best competition every night and was still either a PPG or close to a PPG guy even though the quality of his line mates steadily declined over the years. He had a bad season last year, no doubt, and its time to move on from the guy, but you can't argue that he was' great for us when he was here.

Turris clearly does not and will not have the ability to be the #1 guy on this team. He's not strong enough or have enough of an offensive game to match up every night against top pairing D-men. He just had a strong year, and everyone jumped all over it.. but he is a #2C and always was one. He needs someone ahead of him to put some of the pressure off of him.. thats been painfully obvious this year

we're already talking about how a 21 year old would be better suited the #1 guy

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
What do you guys think he will become?

Watching him play he seems like a good number 2 guy. Don't think he has enough creativity in his game to become a number 1 center.

There is a large trade Spezza brigade out there but who would we put as the top center? It looks like Turris is really struggling with the added pressure of other teams.

He is 24 years old and will be 25 this summer

still hold these same feelings

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Boy Cuthbert's having fun lately calling some beauty goals!

Turris looks like a guy who looks confident again, if he get some company in that boat this team will look alright.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Turris is still falling a lot. He needs to be much stronger.

Saying the same thing every year. He can't put on weight. I've given up on him getting stronger.

DMST,
Lazar is 19. He will be our 2nd line center eventually.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Its quite the opposite really. He doesn't have enough strength to be a 1st/elite 2nd line center. He's a good 2nd line center just fine.

I wanna see if he can put on some weight though.

. He can definitely grow but his hands are whats prevevnting him to be a true top 6 player let alone a first line center

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Pretty much

From what I've seen I expect him to top out as a 40 point guy

Almost second line material

You're probably on safe ground making a prediction like this, that's where most players that are picked in this range of the draft end up. I see a bit more but it will be years before we know for sure. Predicting where 19 year olds that make the NHL top out is not easy.

Giroux didn't look like much at 20 years old but by 22/23 he was showing something. I'm not saying Lazar is Giroux, I only picked him because he was picked in the same range, started slow when he was young and kept improving.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
So Turris quietly has more goals than Spezza and catching up in points too: 24-25 in 36 games each. Huh?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad