[Turris' knee injury]

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
I didn't even know bout this Rugby tackle thing when I made my post.

I think my point stands. Cizikas isn't completely innocent in this. You have a rules framework when you step on the ice so that people don't get injured. I don't think any sane fan is saying Cizikas did it deliberately, but that doesn't change the fact that someone got hurt because he was pushing the envelope.

Cizikas needs a phone call from the league. I know the guy plays with a lot of fire to win the game, which is probably why he is effective, but he needs to play with enough control that this doesn't keep happening to other players. I don't care what the league does to make sure it doesn't keep happening, but if we keep seeing Cizikas' name associated to reckless plays, I don't know why anyone WOULDN'T see that as a problem.

What are you even talking about? :help:

Cizikas has never been involved in the injury of another player and has never been suspended for his play. He isn't even known as a reckless player.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
What are you even talking about? :help:

Cizikas has never been involved in the injury of another player and has never been suspended for his play. He isn't even known as a reckless player.

Context matters. Re-read the last posts.

He injured Turris and apparently killed a kid with a retributive tackle years ago.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
It's a hockey play...please stop making Sens fans look like massive whiners...

SENSational Sens Fan

Mar 21, 2010
Calgary
Another Sens fan saying it was completely accidental. Cizikas was just going for the puck and trying to clear the zone. In no way does he deserve any discipline. Just a hockey play with unfortunate consequences. Kudos to him for waving to the Sens bench for help immediately afterwards.

CaptainKishimoto

=-{Astral Finish}-=
Jul 28, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
How are some Sens fans saying this was on purpose? The only way I can see it that way is if you watch too much wrestling and thought Cizikas was going for an upside down ankle lock.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 13s13 seconds ago
Turris is on the ice for warmup. #Sens

After looking at that pic, i just can't believe he is even skating at this point.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 13s13 seconds ago
Turris is on the ice for warmup. #Sens

After looking at that pic, i just can't believe he is even skating at this point.

I mean ive seen people bend their bodies in weird ways before but watching him in pain after i was sure he was missing some time

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
How are some Sens fans saying this was on purpose? The only way I can see it that way is if you watch too much wrestling and thought Cizikas was going for an upside down ankle lock.

Who is saying this was on purpose? I don't see anyone saying it was on purpose.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
just like the Parayko incident

they been giving all nhl players gumby pills

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
@Media_Sens #Sens Kyle Turris will play tonight against the Rangers.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
When Hossa played for Ottawa he took out Berard's eye. That one was gruesome. Look at my last post, I'm agreeing that **** happens, but again, isolated incidents.

You are fool though if you think some players are magical magnets for these types of incidents. Some players push the envelope too far and make the game unsafe as a result. I'm not passing judgement on Cizikas, he's a great player, but knowing about this Rugby incident now has me thinking that he needs a call from the league, not for a suspension, but a warning.

Nip it in the bud. Every player in the NHL should be playing with the caution and control necessary to prevent these types of incidents. Cizikas isn't a special case. He has to have the same caution and control as everyone else, and if he isn't showing that (and there are at least two incidents so far that are cause for concern if not more), that's the start of a pattern of behaviour.

He should get a call from the league because of something he did when he was 15, in a different sport? Is this comment actually real. It was TEN years ago, in another sport! Come on people have some common sense.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Context matters. Re-read the last posts.

He injured Turris and apparently killed a kid with a retributive tackle years ago.

You're acting like this injury was his fault. How can you possibly say that when it was a hockey play that happens every game AND when Turris is the one who initiated contact.

And your arguement about the rugby incident adds no value to the arguement. It was nearly 10 years ago and in a completely different sport. Cizikas has absolutely zero history of being a careless and reckless hockey player.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Glad to hear Turris is all right. Even though that twist of the leg is grotesque, perhaps the saving grace is that he didn't put weight on it to cause any damage.

Either way, very scary.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
I think Kyle needs to take a few games off to rest. He looked like he seriously injured his shoulder a few games ago and played the next game where it also looked like he might have injured his shoulder again but he didn't miss a beat.

Seeing the "injury" last night and I was already preparing myself for a Turris-less rest of the season. It looked so bad I was certain some ligaments had been torn and/or some bones got broken and the injury was going to keep him out long term.

But Kyle "Gumby" Turris must be unbreakable or something. I still can't believe he'll be playing tonight.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
The play looks really bad, but I dont think there was any ill towards Turris. That said I didnt expect him to play today. Finally As a sens fan I ask other sens fan to stop acting like a bunch of *******.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00