[Turris' knee injury]

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Safe to say young Turris will lose some of his explosiveness ever after he fully recovers from this.

Horrible injury.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
Agreed.

You subconsciously reach out and grab whatever you can to try and regain your balance.

Looking at the replay again, I'm left even more shocked at how people are actually trying to spin this as Cizikas diving into Turris. If anything, Cizikas dove toward the puck and Turris skated to his right and tried to take the body on Cizikas, creating the initial contact.

Really unlucky the way his foot got caught under like that. 9 times out of 10 on a play like that you'd probably completely knock his legs forwards and Turris still coulda got hurn falling backwards. Pretty reckless play IMO, he really did dive right into Turris' legs. I wouldn't be shocked if there was a fine.

Got to see this play as I saw part of this game. It looked like a really bad fluke. So unfortunate for Turris. He had no ability to control his leg as the other guy was pinning it down.

Really hard to stomach looking injury.

It sucks when you have no control of saving your own body from injury.

That's what happened to him.

Lets connect the dots.

-Turris and Czk collided.
-Both subconsciously reached out for something to grab as they were falling - which some are interpreting as Czk 'grabbing' Turris' leg on purpose - a malicious act. Also, it almost looks like Turris' weight might be holding Czk's arm around his own leg, making the problem worse.
-This resulted in an unlucky fluke "pretzeling" of both their bodies, which, Turris, got the worst of.

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
Hmmmm, guy convicted of manslaughter after killing a rugby player with an overly aggressive tackle.... What shall we make of this?

It's a joke he's making millions in the NHL, hurting people.

You mean the same manslaughter case where the parents of the victim were completely on Cizikas's side?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Unintentional, but ugly nonetheless.

Cizikas got his arm in front to try and block Turris from getting to the puck as he dove to poke at it.

Nothing malicious here, can't believe people are suggesting he tried to hurt him (haven't read through the thread, so correct me if I'm wrong).

You might give him a penalty for tripping, but nothing dirty about it, just unfortunate how they got tangled.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
Cizikas got his arm in front to try and block Turris from getting to the puck as he dove to poke at it.

Nothing malicious here, can't believe people are suggesting he tried to hurt him (haven't read through the thread, so correct me if I'm wrong).

You might give him a penalty for tripping, but nothing dirty about it, just unfortunate how they got tangled.
Good lord, how many times do I have to say that I don't think that it was malicious? It was reckless. That's a mitigating factor but doesn't absolve him of total responsibility for his actions.

Evergreen

Good lord, how many times do I have to say that I don't think that it was malicious? It was reckless. That's a mitigating factor but doesn't absolve him of total responsibility for his actions.

In your OP, you called it despicable. That's a pretty strong word. You also said it was "not an accident." If, as you have said, it was a purposeful despicable act, then how is that different than saying it was malicious?

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008

Quote this, and bold which one you mean.

A purposeful malicious accident

A purposeful malicious assault

A purposeful despicable assault

A purposeful despicable accident

A purposeful reckless accident

A purposeful reckless assault

An accident, plain and simple

An assault, plain and simple

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I hate to see Turris go down like this. One of my fav player and the Sens really had something going up front with Ryan Hoffman Stone Turris all clicking at the same time

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Unfortunate accident. I don't see it being dirty in the least. Players dive for the puck all the time. Hopefully Turris will be back some times this season.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Lots of really negative comments in this thread but Turris is reported to be walking on his own and travelling with the team. Sounds like he might now even miss any time.

bobbyt 91*

I think its a case of some Sens fans looking for a place to direct their anger. It sucks that the injury happened cuz Turris was playing great but I don't think it was intentional.
If I knew how to photoshop I would make 1 where it shows Parayko's fall then Turris's fall then Parayko saying some thing either calling Turris a wussy or along the lines of Parayko being a cyborg.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Cizikas must be a psychopath, injure the guy and immediately wave the doctors as if to taunt him. This is also the same guy who earlier this season prevented a bruin from falling onto his own goalie which he absolutely didn't have to. Pathetic thread.

http://gfycat.com/LeafyGlamorousJellyfish

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Cizikas must be a psychopath, injure the guy and immediately wave the doctors as if to taunt him. This is also the same guy who earlier this season prevented a bruin from falling onto his own goalie which he absolutely didn't have to. Pathetic thread.

http://gfycat.com/LeafyGlamorousJellyfish

Majority of Sens fan agree that there was no malicious intent, but carry on trying to make your point

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Majority of Sens fan agree that there was no malicious intent, but carry on trying to make your point

I very clearly wasn't responding to that majority of sens fans, not sure what made you think that.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Hmmmm, guy convicted of manslaughter after killing a rugby player with an overly aggressive tackle.... What shall we make of this?

It's a joke he's making millions in the NHL, hurting people.

Knew this would come up. The player he killed should never have been playing in the first place, given the severity of a concussion he sustained shortly before the game in question. He was susceptible to further traumatic damage, and died as a result of this.

It was an accident. Players have said this, Casey has said this, Castillo's father has said this. But the police laid the charges, it was brought to court, and they followed through.

This is why he was convicted of manslaughter, and not murder. By definition, the act was completely unintentional but still resulted in a death. Near as I can tell, charging him with murder in any degree was never considered, given the lack of mens rea, which, along with actus reus, is a must for any murder charge.

Let me state that again. Cizikas was found guilty in the unintentional death of Manny Castillo. It was an accident.

Which leads me to ask, why on earth did you bring it up in this thread? Seems to have absolutely nothing to do with the accident that happened last night.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
I hope its not as bad as it looked, Turris is an important part of that Ottawa offence. But suspendable? :help:

Ps, Proust is a despicable poster who brings up another freak accident to hate on Cizikas every chance he/she gets. The victim's father doesn't blame Cizikas but this idiot keeps pushing his/her agenda

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
Bruce Garrioch "It looked a lot worse than it was," says Cameron. #Sens

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I don't think there was any malicious intent but I do think it warranted a penalty since it clearly was a trip and he didn't get the puck first

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad