Pre-Game Talk: Turn of the century for RNH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
In an ideal world we win the west and play Nashville in the first round, sweep in four games so everyone demanding we rest our players get the 3 games of rest while we all get to enjoy a 4ppg first round by Draisaitl and ekholm

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
wtf is with that cringe squire guy in here? just lol

Now, everyone go post in the Nuge 100-point thread on the mains!

60dc99aff0245dbe25708cda0436f0c3.jpg

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
No sire. Even this season teams have already rested their best players. Not played at all in some games. Even the official reason has been written down and told out loud: "Rest".

I hope nothing bad happens tonight. The sport is very,, very fast and dangerous. On any given sunday, anything can happen. Said the oliver stone film back in 1999. My motto in life has been the same as many other coaches; Rest your best. And then you get the win.
You hope nothing bad happens tonight? Why would you even say that?? I'm knocking on any wood I see because of this jinx post.

Also, the one thing I love about NHL is the players don't rest. Fans get to see the best always play. I'm a big NBA fan and resting/sitting out from minor injuries has completely ruined the experience for me.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
With a single point tonight, RNH will hit 100 for the first time in his career.

There's no better time to do it than against the Ducks, and I can bet you that the Ducks definitely don't want to win this game.

Let's see RNH hit 100 and McDavid hit 65.
Ducks will want to win it, no doubt. Some of them won't be back next year or the year after, so no reason for them not to go all out. Their fans and probably management probably don't want them to win though.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
The team has now looked like a true contender. When I started doing a bit of betting everything started perfectly, made a pretty nice sum from two larger bets. However, it's been downhill since that but I now have some money in for the Oilers to win the SC and now it seems there is a pretty realistic chance for it. Just keep on doing what you've been doing lately!

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
The playoffs don't start for two weeks, and then the intensity jumps 150%. You sit players that long and go straight into playoff physicality, it probably increases the risk for injury. I understand resting them the final game, but its too early now IMO.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
None of the big guns on this team have sat out before and they're not going to this year either. No point even talking about it or getting all riled up by some Leafs troll.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
None will likely sit out but you could see massive minutes reduction for some of the players. Although I think McDrai did sit out the last game last season. It will depend on if the last game has any meaningful implications.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
You are trying way to hard to troll, no point in trying to respond lol
I am with you and want kane to win the Stanley Cup sire. I just want you to do the right choises in life that it can happen 👍

Also my followers send me a lot of messages like you are right sire, etc like come home so we can drink and Kiss. Etc like you totally are right on your stand concerning resting key players.

But yeah, I do want to see my favourite guy winning the cup. Evander Power Kane.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
So whose ready to watch some more Globetrotting?

Watching this team play has been much fun lately. I will say this though... I have the feeling I won't survive the playoffs. Gonna be so stressful considering what the expectations are now. It's cup final or bust this time!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I am with you and want kane to win the Stanley Cup sire. I just want you to do the right choises in life that it can happen 👍

Also my followers send me a lot of messages like you are right sire, etc like come home so we can drink and Kiss. Etc like you totally are right on your stand concerning resting key players.

But yeah, I do want to see my favourite guy winning the cup. Evander Power Kane.
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Reactions: NedPlimpton

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Players can get injured in any game, it's an inherent systematic risk.
Players can even get injured in the Kitchen.

Just ask Broberg.

Imagine if some of the stars gets injured in a useless game like this..........? The playoffs are so near and only them matter.
The oilers are still in contention for first in the division.

These games are still important.

You're also aware that the fans dont make any choices regarding the Oilers lineup decisions and when to sit players right?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm watching this Jets Flames game and man there are a lot of penalties and PPs.

Is there a stat for how whistle happy refs are for certain teams? It feels like lately Oiler games have refs choosing to "let them play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad