Attachments

• giroux.jpg
    giroux.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 11

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Great game to watch. The Flyers are starting to play like I expected them to this season.

Gus and L Schenn had good games. No letup against Buffalo plaese!

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Eh, I missed another win :( Was Kimmo as good as the boxscore suggests?

Also, that's about the 5th time in the row we haven't lost in regular time, right? I'm glad they're (hopefully) getting back on track

Edit: Just saw the highlights, great save by Grossmannnn in the 3rd :laugh:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
This play involved Calgary and Phoenix with Shane Doan scoring but the description differs from what you described. I'm not sure if it is the play you mean. It is from 2008.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/calgary-gets-quick-start-in-key-victory-1.733530

It kind of must be that game... both teams, Doan... but I was sure the 2nd goal was scrubbed off and the 1st awarded! But I also though the game was in the last few years! So a little detail like who actually scored probably will not have stuck in my mind!

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
That is false to the nth degree. The basis of Chiropractic medicine is based off that veterbral subluxtions are all that is needed to "cure a patient" from cancer to schizophrenia.

This type of medicine was practiced for quite sometime until chiropractors decided to stray away from that reputation.

Now Chirporactic medicine is a mixture of a wide variety of modalities that take away from established professions.

Now, this is a whole other topic to itself that doesn't really belong here.... But, I had to reply...

I have seen a chiropractor for many years, and short of surgery, it's the only solution for me.

I have some issues in my back. I have a vertebrate (near my shoulder blade area) that moves out of alignment on its own - it locks up with the next one after a certain point, and then pinches a nerve (at that point, I can barely move).

A few years after that issue began, - because of so many back injuries as a kid and teenager, one of my SI joints started to come out of place on its own. Chiropractor is the only one who can put that back in place for me....

And, starting a couple years ago, the top 2 vertebrate in my neck lock up sometimes.

A new pillow with small beads in it has tremendously helped my neck issue. And, I haven't been to see him in 5 weeks now - longest time I've managed to go since 2012 for this one particular issue.

But, without a chiropractor, I wouldn't be able to even get out of bed right now (I would have been sucking down pain pills years ago, likely, and still would be bed ridden). So, when I see people profess that they are practicing a pseudo science, I whole heartidly disagree.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
The offense is coming along which is good.

Why do we have to dress Rosehill over Raffl or McGinn for 3 lousy minutes of ice time?

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
Props to Berube too, I had him pegged as unemployed after the season, but he's showing he knows how to be an NHL coach, how good of one is yet to be known. Plus, our coach can beat up your coach

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Props to Berube too, I had him pegged as unemployed after the season, but he's showing he knows how to be an NHL coach, how good of one is yet to be known. Plus, our coach can beat up your coach

Props to Berube for the job he's done so far, but at the same time, big props to John Paddock for really helping to steer the ship. His work on the defensive side of the game can't be underestimated.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Good for Adam Hall. He deserved one.

Couturier of course deserves like 1 every game.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
shipwreck said:
He did a fantastic job in scoring a goal. After that, it's like he lost his mind and couldn't make some simple plays. I don't know what his problem is...

I agree. Timonen was great offensively, but then you get the play on Mason's amazing cross-crease save in the 2nd: both Timonen and Voracek chased the puck behind their net, leading to 2 Senators uncovered in the slot. Then Timonen being forced to haul down Turris from behind, leading to a penalty shot.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Mason has been something else.

I know he's 9th & 10th in GAA/SV%, but two of the goalies above him have only played like 7 games (Scrivens is one)

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm sorry, I just have to chime in to say that chiropractors in general are a bunch of frauds. If you take care of your body you don't need chiropractors. Sure they can help with back issues but thats about it and they claim they can heal a bunch of other non back issues through some nonsensical **** that has no scientific backing. Don't get me wong I beleive in some medicinal herbs and stuff but thats ckmpletely different then what we are talking about here. Btw you can also help yourself if you have back issues by doing weight training and yoga. You be surprised at how resilient and amazing the human body is if you just take care of it.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Well, I go to a chiropractor for back issues (up to 3 different areas at this point in my life right now). I think I'd be dead or immobile right now without one. So, for that, I will vigorously deny that they are quacks.

I am actually going, so I have a perspective - most of the opinions here are based on nothing IMHO..

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Well, I go to a chiropractor for back issues (up to 3 different areas at this point in my life right now). I think I'd be dead or immobile right now without one. So, for that, I will vigorously deny that they are quacks.

I am actually going, so I have a perspective - most of the opinions here are based on nothing IMHO..

Or, based on experience of back issues as a result of injury (which were resolved by weight training and yoga) and an education in biology and neuroscience.

I never denied that they can help with back issues (cause that's the basis of chiropractic therapy) but they sure as **** can't cure cancer, ear infections and a whole other host of disorders and diseases they claim to nowadays. It's gotten out of hand and has ventured into the realm of pseudoscience, no doubt.

Acupuncture, something that gets ragged on a lot, actually has scientific merit when used to treat pain. This isn't something shrouded in mystery though. Unlike the mechanism in which spinal manipulation cures cancer. :laugh:

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Well, I can't comment on the claims. My chiropractor doesn't push anything on me, and just treats me for my issues. He knows about my other health issues, but makes no claim to be able to fix them.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
You know, the timing of some of mason's big saves has been really impressive. It's those situations where you're up 2-1, and he hasn't seen a shot in a few minutes, you just know he's going to come up big. It's been so important having him back there. He's kept us in almost every game this year.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
It kind of must be that game... both teams, Doan... but I was sure the 2nd goal was scrubbed off and the 1st awarded! But I also though the game was in the last few years! So a little detail like who actually scored probably will not have stuck in my mind!

I remember it happened in the 1994 Stanley Cup Final between the Rangers and Canucks... not so recent, but there were a couple of minutes between the goals and the first goal (by the Canucks, initially not counted) ended up being confirmed and the time set back to when the goal was scored, which meant that the Rangers goal was cancelled out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad