Post-Game Talk: Tue., Nov. 19, 2013|Senators 2 at Flyers 5

ChumpyG

Jibbity jibbity
Feb 13, 2007
Portland, OR
Just found out my friend's chiropractor started adjusting the Flyers last week. I think we all owe the guy a debt of gratitude.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Berube has made adjustments to his system, which seems to have gone a long way offensively. He is sending in two forecheckers now, which us helping us gain puck poccession.

SgtJoseph*

Berube has made adjustments to his system, which seems to have gone a long way offensively. He is sending in two forecheckers now, which us helping us gain puck poccession.

Our forecheck has been VERY good for sure .

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Video from NHL.com:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=22920&cmpid=nhl-twt

At 9:27 of the third period in the Senators/Flyers game, the Situation Room initiated a video review to further examine a play at the Philadelphia net. Video review was inconclusive in determining whether Kyle Turris' shot completely crossed the goal line therefore the referee's call on the ice stands - no goal Ottawa.

MadFerIt95*

Thank the Oilers, Maple leafs, and Bruins for winning tonight!

kolankosf

Jul 5, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta
I've noticed this the past couple games, but it was very obvious tonight. I think Berube's system also involves the Defence pinching in to keep the puck in the offensive zone. It used to drive me nuts watching other teams pinch, while our D would retreat at the sight of a loose puck.

Great win tonight!!!!!

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Mason is Bulleit

This is approved...and on ice.

images

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
a profession not founded on science. I still don't know how they are capable of practicing in this country.

The neuro-science behind the profession was always and still is a'head' of our time for a large part. The brain and nervous system is a complex puzzle we haven't neared solving yet. Perfect relevant example: Consussions.

The practice and results are quite real, although science cant come close to pinpointing all the details.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
You wanna know how to describe SIMPLY SENSATIONAL in less than 140 characters?

Kevin Christmann ‏@KevinXmann 4m
Couturier - only 33.3% o zone starts, playing against the Spezza line...and puts up a 76.2% Corsi. 16 shots for only 5 against. Wowza!

That's sexy.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
The neuro-science behind the profession was always and still is a'head' of our time for a large part. The brain and nervous system is a complex puzzle we haven't neared solving yet. Perfect relevant example: Consussions.

The practice and results are quite real, although science cant come close to pinpointing all the details.

That is false to the nth degree. The basis of Chiropractic medicine is based off that veterbral subluxtions are all that is needed to "cure a patient" from cancer to schizophrenia.

This type of medicine was practiced for quite sometime until chiropractors decided to stray away from that reputation.

Now Chirporactic medicine is a mixture of a wide variety of modalities that take away from established professions.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
That is false to the nth degree. The basis of Chiropractic medicine is based off that veterbral subluxtions are all that is needed to "cure a patient" from cancer to schizophrenia.

This type of medicine was practiced for quite sometime until chiropractors decided to stray away from that reputation.

Now Chirporactic medicine is a mixture of a wide variety of modalities that take away from established professions.

Go Flyers

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Great win! I don't think we win without Mason in there tonight. And grossman. ;)

Great to see Couts get his first!

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I cannot find it... I am sure it was Phoenix, and maybe Calgary.

It was a long time! Like 4-5 mins minimum. Maybe time stretched in my mind... but both teams definitely scored, and the 2nd goal was the first stoppage.

This play involved Calgary and Phoenix with Shane Doan scoring but the description differs from what you described. I'm not sure if it is the play you mean. It is from 2008.

Phoenix got on the scoreboard a little later on a play that started about three minutes earlier.

The Flames cleared the puck out of their own zone to get a change and, in a play reminiscent of peewee house league hockey, the disk rolled down to Bryzgalov who went to his knees in an attempt to corral the thing.

Right through his legs went the rubber and it seemed to roll across the line before Ed Jovanovski lassoed it back out again.

While everyone in the rink pointed and gestured and wondered about a replay, the action kept going for a few minutes until Shane Doan skated out of the Calgary corner with the puck, untouched, and put a backhand through Joseph's legs to make it 3-2.

League officials in Toronto decided the puck had not fully crossed the line in the Phoenix end so the goal by the Coyotes counted.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/calgary-gets-quick-start-in-key-victory-1.733530

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Good: Mason, Voracek, three guys scoring their first of the season.

Bad: Streit.

Ugly: I despise the puck-over-glass delay of game penalty. Seeing the Flyers fall victim three times tonight made my blood boil.

I guarantee when Karlsson dumps the puck into the crowd because of Flyers pressure, your blood would boil more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad