Post-Game Talk: Tue., Nov. 19, 2013|Senators 2 at Flyers 5

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
This thread is now open for post-game comments.

GDT: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1540477

Video highlights -- http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/instant-replay-flyers-5-senators-2

No goal call -- http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=22920&cmpid=nhl-twt

--------------------------------------------------------

OFFICIAL THREE STARS chosen by Chris Therien:

1. Timonen

2. Voracek

3. Couturier
---------------------------------------------------------

Misc.:

Adam Hall has won 41 of 48 (85.4%) faceoffs in his last six games. Hall also snapped a 64-game scoreless streak.

During their current 4-0-1 run, the Flyers have outscored their opponents 12-1 in even-strength situations. Mason has not surrendered an even-strength goal in his last three starts.

143_TOB_Bulliet_Glass.jpg

Last edited:

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
conspiracy theory threads are fresh and entertaining over on the ottawa boards

good win

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Such a weird one this was. Grossmann gets all three stars of the game for making the most important save of the game, at least in terms of timing.

Some nice contributions all-around though and I'm very glad Couturier got his first finally. Hall and Timonen too considering they've been great for us.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Solid win, 10 goals the Flyers scored against the Sens in 2 games, me limey

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Hey beef, can I post Couturier vs Zibanejad Pt. 3? :)

Good: Mostly everybody

Bad: Refs through first 2 periods

Ugly: Streit

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
I only watched the last 9 minutes but I sure lived every second of it.

I also learned something tonight: according to Potvin if you score two goals in 23 seconds it is a momentum changer. Who'd have thunk

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Good: Mason, Voracek, three guys scoring their first of the season.

Bad: Streit.

Ugly: I despise the puck-over-glass delay of game penalty. Seeing the Flyers fall victim three times tonight made my blood boil.

SgtJoseph*

We are certainly getting alot of the breaks that typically went against us the first 10 games........The score really don't reflect how close this game actually was ? MASON won this game for us for the most part . Glad to see it !

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Former basketball player Marvin Barnes once refused to get in a plane when he found out it crossed time zones and the arrival time was earlier than the departure's time flight. He said he wasn't getting in no time machine. Imagine if the goal counted tonight and time had to be put back on the clock?

flybynite77

Mar 1, 2003
Visit site
So with the way the Flyers are playing I think there's really only one possible question left to be asked.. When the 2014 NHL Draft roles around will the other NHL teams say that they'd like to thank the Flyers organization for hosting the draft before or after congratulating the Flyers organization for winning the Stanley Cup?

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
This month is important for many reasons, but even if there's a lot of faults I can find with this game it was definitely very good for their confidence considering how many first goals came of it and the end result. Confidence boosting is what the team and fans need to keep going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad