Post-Game Talk: Tue., Jan. 14, 2014| Flyers 4 at Sabres 3

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
This win was pretty big when you look at the standings and the way the east has been playing recently.

No team in the east below a .500 point % in the last ten games. 6/14 teams in the west are in that span.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Now
I want zero parts of Bogosian, that contract could get really ugly down the road if he doesn't find his offensive game.

I have seen almost every Jet game, he is a stud. This down swing is surprising, but now is only chance to get him.

Want no part of Downie next year for what he will want to be third line, so get an asset for him. I would look to trade Gross to playoff team an d maybe get a young d man

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Bogo seems like a right handed Coburn. We need a guy who can skate and key the offense.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think he is not having to worry as much... when Read is with him he seems to take the puck deeper, with others he dumps and covers as if he is concerned about the D... which I would be if I were him considering since Read went out he has been playing with Mez and Lecavalier on the ice most of the time... probably the worst two defensive players on the team.

That's what Couturier did when he had Rinaldo on his line too.

I don't think he trusts Lecavalier, and based on the way he's played it's hard to blame him.

Couturier and Read were the only + players.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Trade Downie and Grossmann for a better D-man?

No, they can't trade Grossmann, he's been one of our best players all year. A few average games and now we get rid of him?

This was a dirty, gritty win on night they didn't have their best jump. That's a good thing.

I have defended Berube but I'm sick of Meszaros and Schenn being out there right after every goal we score, only to give back a goal or the momentum.

Loved Couts taking the puck deep in the last minute and creating a chance. I'm sure the Sabres thought it was going to OT but our guys had a better idea. Great composure by Read and great shot by Vinny through a sea of yellow shirts.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He skates better, is more physical, and has a cannon for a shot. He's young and would put up some good numbers getting some 1st PP time.

But can he create offense off the rush? A big point shot is nice but not as important as making great passes and skating the puck out of trouble.

He also gets injured a lot.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
I don't agree that a win is a win. A win against Buffalo is like a 1-1 tie before shootouts. Because they absolutely blow.

I know they got 2 points and all but my God does Buffalo suck. If it weren't for their tiny goalie rolling around on the ice all the time the Flyers would have gotten shut out. Miller would absolutely have won that game for them.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
But can he create offense off the rush? A big point shot is nice but not as important as making great passes and skating the puck out of trouble.

He also gets injured a lot.

He can create, I would love to get him. The biggest concern and you nailed it, he can't stay healthy at all.

There is also close to,zero chance Jets trade him, but with quick progression of Trouba , one of Dufflin Bufflin or Bogo will go, and Bogo would get jets the bigger return IMO.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Trade Gross, no to Brayden unles Bogo type comes back, and PLEASE trade Downie. May even get a second or prospect from a west team like Canucks

Phoenix should be a target for A Downie trade. David moss has the 4th highest points for the wingers on the team...so top 6. He has 14 points. Downie has 19. See if you can get Rundbland for Downie and a pick. Rundblad has played 2 games since Nov 23.

Try and do a Mez for M.Michalek. Saves Ottawa money and they are looking for D depth.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
looks like they were playing in philly

525833flyerssabres.jpg

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Phoenix should be a target for A Downie trade. David moss has the 4th highest points for the wingers on the team...so top 6. He has 14 points. Downie has 19. See if you can get Rundbland for Downie and a pick. Rundblad has played 2 games since Nov 23.

Try and do a Mez for M.Michalek. Saves Ottawa money and they are looking for D depth.

Runblad is overrated, he's 23 & hasn't made it out of the minors yet & has been getting passed over on the Yotes depth chart. I rather just take a draft pick for Downie if we were to move him.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Good thing the Flyers didn't rush the Steve Mason contract. He is looking like the Columbus Steve Mason lately and not Carey Price like his agent was saying.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Runblad is overrated, he's 23 & hasn't made it out of the minors yet & has been getting passed over on the Yotes depth chart. I rather just take a draft pick for Downie if we were to move him.

If it only costs us Downie, I take the chance. He can help bridge the gap until the kids are ready2-4 years and who knows, you might hit a home run.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
yep. once it drops below .910, this board will turn on him. book it.

If a goaltender's save percentage starts to drop below .910, it's gonna warrant criticism regardless. Not that I'm saying it's deserved, the Flyers D has been terrible.

Mason needs to play better, in my opinion.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If it only costs us Downie, I take the chance. He can help bridge the gap until the kids are ready2-4 years and who knows, you might hit a home run.

Up to this point he's not NHL quality & in the same boat as the kids but a lot older so I don't know how he would end up bridging the gap.

He's also a lot like Streit in the sense that he really isn't a PMD despite being an offensive defensemen. So he's not that coveted PMD like many clamor for around here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad