Post-Game Talk: Tue., Dec. 17, 2013|Capitals 2 at Flyers 5|7:30 p.m. ET

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
he play with giroux and voracek :laugh:
in 2012 hartnell score 37 goal with giroux :sarcasm:

Hartnell scored 30 with Carter and Lupul in 08-09.

Hartnell factored for 28 with a mixture of Legwand, Radulov and Erat I believe.

Hartnell averaged from 03-04 to 11-12:

26 goals per 82 games.

37 was an anomaly created by G mainly... but Hartnell still had the ability to bury the great looks as for a long time he was a pretty damn good goalscorer.

You don't average 26 goals a year for 8 straight seasons in the NHL if you are not.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Scored 30 with Briere and Leino.

Scored 25 and 22 goals in successive seasons with an offensively hampered Nashville.

So what's your point? Also, if you didn't notice, he had 3 assists in the one game, and he had the primary assist for all of them, which means he made them happen more than anyone else.

He played on the PP because Schenn was hurt, so what? He did fine, and we got 2 goals from that power play too, with him getting an assist. Erskine is a defenseman and I'm pretty sure Vandevelde wasn't on the ice when the altercation happened with Wilson.

So you're trying to prove what?

If Rosehill were in Schenn would never have been hit and the Flyers would have scored 6 goals instead of 5. :laugh:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
vandevelde bring nothing to this team :facepalm: rosehill and mcginn deserve to play with the team
great game by hall voracek and simmonds

So basically, based on a majority of your posts, it seems you would rather have two tough players to fight instead of two players who actually have a bit of speed and skill.

Raffl is much better than McGinn and Vandevelde is much better than Rosehill. If you had any clue what you were talking about you would know this.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
vandevelde bring nothing to this team :facepalm: rosehill and mcginn deserve to play with the team
great game by hall voracek and simmonds

I wasn't a fan of VV at the time of the signing, but I also wasn't fully aware of his capabilities. He's definitely better then Rosehill or McGinn.

I don't know why you are so in love with tough guys and enforcers that can barely play.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Hartnell scored 30 with Carter and Lupul in 08-09.

Hartnell factored for 28 with a mixture of Legwand, Radulov and Erat I believe.

Hartnell averaged from 03-04 to 11-12:

26 goals per 82 games.

37 was an anomaly created by G mainly... but Hartnell still had the ability to bury the great looks as for a long time he was a pretty damn good goalscorer.

You don't average 26 goals a year for 8 straight seasons in the NHL if you are not.

But my lazy Jagr argument doesn't work when you bring facts into it...

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
watch the last game

the hit by wilson? and the caps have erskine lol

Rosehill never would have prevented the hit on Schenn. I can't believe you still believe in this bizarre myth that enforcers magically prevent hits like that.

The only way Rosehill prevents that hit is if he flies off the bench at superhuman speed to dive between Wilson and Schenn.

If you think Wilson has any fear of Rosehill, you don't know Wilson.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Rosehill is too small....we should trade him for J.Scott. That may have prevented the hit on Schenn:sarcasm:

I'm 6'5" so they can hire me for one mil if they'd like. I would stop players charging each other from my position on the bench so well man.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
So basically, based on a majority of your posts, it seems you would rather have two tough players to fight instead of two players who actually have a bit of speed and skill.

Raffl is much better than McGinn
and Vandevelde is much better than Rosehill. If you had any clue what you were talking about you would know this.

lol no way
mcginn is a 2/3liner
raffl is what ? nodl/fedotenko type of player

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
lol no way
mcginn is a 2/3liner
raffl is what ? nodl/fedotenko type of player

With how Raffl is playing lately we don't know what he is. He's either a more well-rounded Nodl or a more well-rounded Nodl with a scoring touch.

Either way, there's no way McGinn is a second liner. He's not a good enough scorer and he doesn't do anything particularly well aside from bringing energy and the odd goal every once in a while. He's also not a great enough two-way presence to be an ideal third liner.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
As if you wouldn't take league minimum. :laugh:

A bit ot but at 6'5" how much do you weigh?

I have standards ya know. :sarcasm:

My range wildly varies and I don't check it often enough to know for sure. In high school (about almost five years ago and at pretty much the same height) I was 140. After high school I put on weight for the military and went up to like 160'ish. Last I checked since leaving the military I was 175.

175 sounds light for 6'5" (which it is I guess), but the ideal weight is around 202 and an ideal weight involves me taking care of myself and exercising. So that's a no-go.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
With how Raffl is playing lately we don't know what he is. He's either a more well-rounded Nodl or a more well-rounded Nodl with a scoring touch.

Either way, there's no way McGinn is a second liner. He's not a good enough scorer and he doesn't do anything particularly well aside from bringing energy and the odd goal every once in a while. He's also not a great enough two-way presence to be an ideal third liner.

now you take hartnell or mcginn ?

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
now you take hartnell or mcginn ?

Me and every other sane fan takes Hartnell for more then just a call-up basis. Even if Hartnell is regressing and is limited in his effectiveness he at least has something to bring to an NHL roster that's fit for a top six role.

McGinn brings sparkplug energy. That's about it.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I have standards ya know. :sarcasm:

My range wildly varies and I don't check it often enough to know for sure. In high school (about almost five years ago and at pretty much the same height) I was 140. After high school I put on weight for the military and went up to like 160'ish. Last I checked since leaving the military I was 175.

175 sounds light for 6'5" (which it is I guess), but the ideal weight is around 202 and an ideal weight involves me taking care of myself and exercising. So that's a no-go.

I understand very well. Take advantage of the holidays though, with all the extra calories hit the weight room hard and you'll see good results. Just another benefit of this wonderful time of year. :laugh:

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I understand very well. Take advantage of the holidays though, with all the extra calories hit the weight room hard and you'll see good results. Just another benefit of this wonderful time of year. :laugh:

Happy holidays for you too.

I'm not a fan of the holidays though. Then again I'm also the Grinch so whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad