Post-Game Talk: Tue., Dec. 17, 2013|Capitals 2 at Flyers 5|7:30 p.m. ET

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
The Flyers are going to win the Stanley Cup in a few years. I can feel it

Good. After the last game, this place looked like we were going to the AHL. Good to see we are back on the TML track :laugh:

What I loved yesterday was how Read left the celebration to go help and help Downie :)
[NHL]513748[/NHL]

UKFlyers

Dec 28, 2011
Very important win after what happened on Sunday. Delighted they were able to keep that 3 goal cushion. 2 more important games coming up, but the team look better now than they have at any part of this season.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
we are 3pts away from the 2nd wild card spot, and 2games less played than the leafs( the team who hold that spot)

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
That pass by Coburn to voracek on the first flyers goal was an absolutely beautiful pass. Probably one of the better ones I've ever seen him make. We need that more from him. Consistency has been the issue all year, lets build off this game. Giroux still needs an elite winger. I'm can't believe how many times he sets people up with wide open nets and they miss it. Unreal.

Bobby Ryan

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Braydon Coburn is a number one defenseman in this league when he plays the way he did last night. He was the best player on the ice for either team.

chimrichalds18

the key
Apr 17, 2007
philadelphia
Big props to Coburn for turning his season around after a terrible start.

I'm also very encouraged that our 5 on 5 offense has really started clicking. That was the most concerning thing about this team. Having Raffl on the top line has jumpstarted Voracek, who is looking great.

I thought B. Schenn was having his best game of the season. He was very noticeable all night, with many great passes.

All of your points are good, but I'd like to second this about Coburn. He was great yesterday and has been pretty consistent over the last month+. If he keeps playing this way, to me, he gets the Ashbee.

He's been really dependable, and I honestly can't imagine what our D would look like without him at this point.

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
Is Voracek the sniper we saw last year? Or is he turning into a puck moving playmaker to set up G?...Why not both?

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
Feels good to be at a nice win. The last few games I went to they blew leads agsinst the Pens. I love the Read - Couturier - Downie line. Couturier's continuing to gain confidence in the offensive zone and had 2 really nice scoring chances... Holtby made a nice save off the one.

ahthorne

Feb 23, 2013
Vancouver
This team needs to win both against Columbus now, or at least 3/4 points. Would put them ahead of Toronto for the final playoff spot.

Coburn looks awesome. I think he'd be the perfect partner for somebody like Weber or Pietrangelo. Not getting either of those guys, though.

Raffl is a stud too. Big fan. Giroux has also come alive so that helps. Giroux is just really, really weak this year and gets tossed around a lot.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
This team needs to win both against Columbus now, or at least 3/4 points. Would put them ahead of Toronto for the final playoff spot.

Coburn looks awesome. I think he'd be the perfect partner for somebody like Weber or Pietrangelo. Not getting either of those guys, though.

Raffl is a stud too. Big fan. Giroux has also come alive so that helps. Giroux is just really, really weak this year and gets tossed around a lot.

I'm just glad Homer didn't trade Coburn away in the offseason for a bunch of picks, or whatever the rumor was at the time. Guys that can play 20+ minutes a night don't grow on trees!

I've always felt he was sorely underrated. Sure, he makes boneheaded plays some times, but most players do. Just because he's not the franchise defensemen we're all clamoring for doesn't mean that he's not valuable to the team.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
vandevelde bring nothing to this team :facepalm: rosehill and mcginn deserve to play with the team
great game by hall voracek and simmonds

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
vandevelde bring nothing to this team :facepalm: rosehill and mcginn deserve to play with the team

How does he bring nothing? He's faster than both of them and definitely smarter than Rosehill. Vandevelde also can kill penalties. Did you not see his good work on the 5 minute PP last night? I like how the guy has played and is something the 4th line really needed.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA

Neither Rosehill or McGinn can PK. With their non-existent or limited offensive and defensive ability, it leaves them pretty useless in a bottom-6 role.

And how bout your boy Raffl? Still bring nothing to the team?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Vande Velde is also a damn good faceoff guy on top of being a nice skater, decent on D and able to PK... he can play 7-10 a night regularly without being a liability. Which gives the top lines more of a rest as opposed to Rosehill with his 3-4.

Vande Velde averages 11 mins a night in his NHL career... Rosehill 5.

And yeh, he was good on the PP last night as well!

3 less NHL points than Rosehill in 74 less games.

The kind of guy teams should have on the 4th line, when Lecav is back a possible 4th of:

Raffl-Vande Velde-Hall would be awesome frankly... though Raffl really does not deserve to play out of the top 9 with his recent play.

Rinaldo played a better game last night... but he has not looked half as good this year as last.

Not saying Rosehill is completely redundant... he is better than Shelley or Cote as he can actually play a small amount of hockey, but he should be playing maybe 25-30 games a year.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
Neither Rosehill or McGinn can PK. With their non-existent or limited offensive and defensive ability, it leaves them pretty useless in a bottom-6 role.

And how bout your boy Raffl? Still bring nothing to the team?

he play with giroux and voracek :laugh:
in 2012 hartnell score 37 goal with giroux :sarcasm:

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
How does he bring nothing? He's faster than both of them and definitely smarter than Rosehill. Vandevelde also can kill penalties. Did you not see his good work on the 5 minute PP last night? I like how the guy has played and is something the 4th line really needed.

watch the last game

the hit by wilson? and the caps have erskine lol

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

Scored 30 with Briere and Leino.

Scored 25 and 22 goals in successive seasons with an offensively hampered Nashville.

So what's your point? Also, if you didn't notice, he had 3 assists in the one game, and he had the primary assist for all of them, which means he made them happen more than anyone else.

watch the last game

the hit by wilson? and the caps have erskine lol

He played on the PP because Schenn was hurt, so what? He did fine, and we got 2 goals from that power play too, with him getting an assist. Erskine is a defenseman and I'm pretty sure Vandevelde wasn't on the ice when the altercation happened with Wilson.

So you're trying to prove what?

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA

I think we both saw what happens to the first line (or any line in general) when only 2/3rds of the line is pulling it's weight offensively.

Your fascination with plugs like Rosehill is astounding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad