Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) Discussion

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Do you guys think Jenik is going to get a call up to nhl this season?

He is putting up points nonstop in AHL right now

Plenty of Roadrunners are putting up points, he is the 2nd line centre.

Definitely a candidate to be called up towards the end of the season. He is still feeling his way out there, establishing chemistry and taking care not to overdo it in recovering from such a serious knee injury. His rate of development is so fast though, improving every game and he looks bigger out there than I remember. I was expecting a pesty winger but he could become a strong centreman.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Covid protocols mean the next 3 games are postponed :( Think the wording means some Roadrunners have tested positive or someone close to them has.

">

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018

Bunting really should have gotten a look before Fasching.

It's kind of crazy how he's only played 5 games with the Coyotes when he's put up 140 points in 181 games since 2017. Watching him in the AHL and he looks like he could at least play on the 4th line, but I guess the Coyotes don't really need anymore 4th liners so maybe that's the hold up.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
It may be more to do with showing up in training camps. I cant say that I've ever really noticed the likes of Bunting, Burke or Pederson in those but they're vital to the Roadrunners.

There may also be an element of acquiring players like Ness and Fasching and promising they'd get a shot which reduces the opportunities for players we drafted.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Tucson is playing tonight. Posted the lines in the thread.

Hayton is 2C with Burke and Carcone
Jenik is 3C with Steenbergen and Wilkins

Soberstron is second pairing with Dineen

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
After watching the video I'm going to stick with original comment that I prefer Jenik doesn't fight.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Another bad result.

First test of Steve Potvin's new regime.

Not keen on Jenik being forced to wing presumably so that Gauthier could get a game. Jenik could make the NHL as a winger easily but could be so much more valuable as a centre, like Schmaltz is now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad