Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) Discussion

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tucson unfortunately on track to lose 5 of 6 and get swept by Texas.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Sorry fellas, I've just been listening to it on the radio, so as much as Hayton has received tons of praise for his skill from Tucson's radio announcer, I can't tell.

I don't think that Potvin is a good coach, he's only 3yrs removed from coaching U16s up at the Ice Den, so I don't know if he's the right guy. We're down almost 1 goal per game and up more than 1.25 in GAA per game. I hope this trend doesn't continue, but I suspect it will. We had trouble beating Ontario and we were swept by Colorado, both bottom feeders. May not be a good season for the Roadrunners.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tucson in freefall, lost 5 in a row.

Tonight they gave the Kings affiliate their 2nd win of the season. Hayton no points, -2. Jenik didn't play.

Yikes.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tucson wins tonight 4-1. The Gulls have lost 7 of 10 so between two miserable teams, someone had to win.

Watched the 3rd. Hayton, Soderstrom, Jenik were all noticeable in a positive way but didn't get any points. I'm not really worried about them.

Fox 5 San Diego streams for free online so you should be able to catch the March 27th game if you want to watch.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
It appears we've broken another prospect.

B. HaytonC8000-76000.00110.75
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It appears we've broken another prospect.

B. HaytonC8000-76000.00110.75
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Steenbergen was on his line and has struggled mightily this year (one point). Other guy was an ECHLer. When I was watching, Hayton would gain the zone but then his wingers wouldn't be able to establish possession. He and Soderstrom looked good on the PP.

He had 5 points in 5 games in his last stint so it's probably a combination of sulking, lack of confidence, and circumstance. There isn't a lot of offense to be had on the bottom six/PP2 of a mediocre AHL team.

McGregor really stood out as a do-everything center. He might make a good 4C someday. Quality signing for Tucson.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Tucson wins tonight 4-1. The Gulls have lost 7 of 10 so between two miserable teams, someone had to win.

Watched the 3rd. Hayton, Soderstrom, Jenik were all noticeable in a positive way but didn't get any points. I'm not really worried about them.

Fox 5 San Diego streams for free online so you should be able to catch the March 27th game if you want to watch.
If you aren't worried about them, then I'm really worried about them.:)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Hayton hasn't scored a point since he was sent down. Neither has Jenik or Soderstrom. All three are pointless since he was demoted.

I'd be way more worried, I think, if the Roadrunners weren't a complete hot mess at the moment.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Someone needs to muzzle Jenik. Fought again tonight, against a guy with 40 pounds on him. I appreciate the thought but he's there to score and develop, not break his hands.

Tucson is down 3-0 against the worst team in the division currently with a period to go.

Hayton got into it with Kupari, who has a lot more points than him

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Someone needs to muzzle Jenik. Fought again tonight, against a guy with 40 pounds on him. I appreciate the thought but he's there to score and develop, not break his hands.

Tucson is down 3-0 against the worst team in the division currently with a period to go.

Hayton got into it with Kupari, who has a lot more points than him

There is no help on the team besides Gregoire. Jenik will have to fight his own battles or he'll need to tone down his jam that he plays with.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad