Speculation: TT

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Someone posted a TT for Derrick Pouliot trade on Cap Friendy. Pens fans seem open to that, is that the type of D the Hawks would be looking for?

I'm not taking a stance on this, just curious about what you guys think.

I wouldn't do it unless we are moving Seabrook. We would create logjam for Pokka and hurt our forward depth.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'm not ready to give up on TT, but if there's a deal that makes sense then move him. He's not core.

That said, I don't see you getting a better forward via any trade.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
why trade a 21 year old cost controlled 35 pts Player, who is playing solid D and can Play all 3 Forward positions?

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Not sure how he's going to bulk up or work on his game when he has to serve in the military this summer.

If you are a pro athlete you can get by by basically doing your regular off-season program with some time spent doing target practice and playing war in the woods.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Teräväinen is not very good?

are brian gionta cody eakin jonis donskoi and alex tanguay good?

these are players with the same point totals....also not just stat watching but has looked bad or invisible doing so.

I understand that hes young i also understand accepting a loss while you still can get value back.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
Doesn't he have military duty to fulfill this summer?

Not sure how he's going to bulk up or work on his game when he has to serve in the military this summer.

He can choose. It might help him because from what I have heard it is strenuous.

He doesn't have to do it yet, one can choose when to serve until age 30. I haven't seen any stories that he will serve this summer.

I was very disappointed in TT this season. There is something very frustrating about watching him play. It will be interesting to see how he responds. I hope he joins the Worlds team, plays well and gets some confidence back to his game.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Q trusts TT and he's never had a chance to stick with linemates or a line.
Since he doesn't rack up the points, he's going to be easier to cost effectively extend. Teravainen should stay, he's going to take more than another year to develop in my opinion anyway. Maybe all the volatility with the lineup sped up that process for him, who knows?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Definitely not opposed to TT sticking around, but if we can pry away a young Dman with some pretty high upside that can slot into the #4/5 slot I would probably pull the trigger on it. Just not sure what Dman like that could be available.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Definitely not opposed to TT sticking around, but if we can pry away a young Dman with some pretty high upside that can slot into the #4/5 slot I would probably pull the trigger on it. Just not sure what Dman like that could be available.

That's part of the reason I don't think he goes or should go.

Any all situation 2nd pair type, with cost control for years, isn't going to be available for a developing forward in my opinion. Those teams will trade off the vets instead.

Maybe one is available, I just have a tough time seeing a scenario that would work out for both teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad